Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Stock Firmware Nexbox A95X - S905X - 24/09/2016 - (2/16)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by harkamanshivakoti View Post
    Installed on my x96 box. Working fine til now. Thank for the sdcard tool and ROM
    Hi so does the firmare work well for you? Which version of x96 do you have? I would like to burn A95X image into x96 to get bluetooth dongle working...

Comment

Originally posted by kevin1341 View Post

Hi download this:- https://www.dropbox.com/s/vwq8sc5ozn...UBOOT.zip?dl=0 and unzip.
      Replace the uboot.usb file in your image which is in the level 1 folder.
      All should be ok.
      Cheers
      Kevin

I have same problem, but I get it after modyfing a image with the amlogic customization tool and then burning it the box, if anybody can help me out on this I would be very happy

Comment

i can confirm this image works with x96 2GB/16GB tv box, installed via USB tool. remote controller might not work but i can not confirm because I am using wireless keyboard instead

Comment

New firmware posted: http://chinagadgetsreviews.com/downl...5x-tv-box.html

Has anyone tried this one? Its not clear if it is rooted.
          Last edited by canbonbon; 02-09-2017, 16:25.

Comment

Originally posted by canbonbon View Post

Rooted, yes!

I can confirm this firmware works using AMLOGIC's USB tool on my Mini M8Spro (s905x, 2g/8g) my remote isn't working tho (only thing I see wrong as of yet) the OS runs smoother than older firmwares.

Inside it's a T95X, and I had to troubleshoot the right USB ports on the box AND my laptop to get a successful connection. So far so good.

Comment

Can someone post a working link to Rom? And tell me if I can flash from TWRP or how I do flash it? Thanks

Comment

So I finally installed the new firmware on Nexbox A95X TV Box. Its rooted and noticeably faster. Comes preinstalled with Kodi (Jarvis). Plays 4K movies with no issues. DTS is finally working on the box. Remote working perfectly as well. Overall very impressed. Installed my own TV launcher and adaway. I would highly recommend if anyone is interested.

Comment

So I finally installed the new firmware on Nexbox A95X TV Box. Its rooted and noticeably faster. Comes preinstalled with Kodi (Jarvis). Plays 4K movies with no issues. DTS is finally working on the box. Remote working perfectly as well. Overall very impressed. Installed my own TV launcher and adaway. I would highly recommend if anyone is interested.
                  So how did you flash? From TWRP or some other way?

Comment

Is DTS working on Kodi 17 latest release ?

Comment

Originally posted by Methanoid View Post

So how did you flash? From TWRP or some other way?
                      The USB tool is in the zip file. Just click the link in my post, it still works fine. Download the zip file and the tool is in it.

Comment

Originally posted by ssarava9 View Post

Is DTS working on Kodi 17 latest release ?
                        Sorry I was not clear. The firmware comes with TVMC (kodi) version. I just used that. I have not tried to install Kodi 17 as i did not feel any need to do that. I have Plex server at home so all my viewing is either through Plex app or Plex plugin in Kodi.

Comment

This sounds like just what I am after. I guess it would fix the Dark Video issue?
                          The Case for Reform
                          Drug Science Prof D. Nutt
                          The life of a good person means more to me than that of a bad person.
                          I have no borders as far as good people go.

Comment

Originally posted by KBL View Post

This sounds like just what I am after. I guess it would fix the Dark Video issue?
                            The dark video "issue" is not an issue with the ROM as it's been mentioned before, it is an issue with ALL Amlogic chips (at least the s905x, afaik) The problem can easily be remedied by playing a short 4k video after booting the device. Don't hold your breath for AMD to fix this 'issue' and don't go hoping you'll find a ROM that avoids this...unless that ROM has an intro vid that plays automatically, you won't get the issue fixed.

Comment

Originally posted by xfade View Post

The dark video "issue" is not an issue with the ROM as it's been mentioned before, it is an issue with ALL Amlogic chips (at least the s905x, afaik) The problem can easily be remedied by playing a short 4k video after booting the device. Don't hold your breath for AMD to fix this 'issue' and don't go hoping you'll find a ROM that avoids this...unless that ROM has an intro vid that plays automatically, you won't get the issue fixed.
                              Bummer. The A95X was getting false reports then as being a good Tv Box. Gutted. Wonder if I'll get my money back from GEARBEST!! Took over two bloody weeks to arrive as well.

They gave me a €5 refund.
                              Last edited by KBL; 04-23-2017, 12:46.
                              The Case for Reform

Comment

Ok, I am going to flash it anyway so I can change the boot up video to a silent one and not one with Sound.
                                My only issue is that AML USB TOOL is all in rubbish text boxes etc. No English or any language that I recognise.
                                So until I can find a USB Tool that I can understand it's a no go.
                                Last edited by KBL; 04-24-2017, 15:20.
                                The Case for Reform

Comment

Working...
                                X