Install apps to NAND flash drive

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Install apps to NAND flash drive

I just got a new tv stick with 8GB NAND memory. 1GB partition to OS and 7GB for storage. Every time I downloaded an app from Google play store, it stored in the 1GB partition and not the 7GB storage. Any idea how I can redirect to my 7GB free NAND memory storage?

Thanks,

Answers

Originally posted by olee View Post
    I just got a new tv stick with 8GB NAND memory. 1GB partition to OS and 7GB for storage. Every time I downloaded an app from Google play store, it stored in the 1GB partition and not the 7GB storage. Any idea how I can redirect to my 7GB free NAND memory storage?

Thanks,
    Olee' the answer to your question is already in these boards. You just need to do some reading. But first it helps to say what model stick you have? Once you know that you can read and see it there is a rom available for it that is rooted anf will give you more space for installing apps. Once you have determened that. Then you can start looking at apps like link2sd and app2sd and so on. You will find that most likely you will not have to worry about app space. Good luck..

Comment

I checked this forum already and I couldn't find the answer. I know I can use app2SD app to move the apps to my SD card, but I have almost 5GB of empty RAM space that I can store apps so why do I need an External SD card?

I might need a new ROM that will allow my to use this extract partition space that is sitting in the NAND flash.

Thanks.

Comment

Sorry, my stick is CX-803ii.

Comment

So any roms for your stick?

Originally posted by olee View Post
          Sorry, my stick is CX-803ii.
          Sorry, I do not have time to look. But are you saying there are no roms available that will partition the space correctly for you? I know with the finless roms for my stick and another. There is a choice available for that when you flash. You may not think you will need an ext. sd card. But Il bet you will change your mind when you start to fill up that space..lol..Anyway have you looked?

Comment

Originally posted by peety View Post
            Sorry, I do not have time to look. But are you saying there are no roms available that will partition the space correctly for you? I know with the finless roms for my stick and another. There is a choice available for that when you flash. You may not think you will need an ext. sd card. But Il bet you will change your mind when you start to fill up that space..lol..Anyway have you looked?

Yeah. I saw that the Finless rom from Bob will be able to change the app space from 1GB up to 6GB if needed.

Comment

Working...
            X