New proud owner of a Pipo M6 with 3g

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New proud owner of a Pipo M6 with 3g

After a short but careful evaluation I decided to buy a 3G enabled Pipo M6 tablet. It seems to be one of the finest tablets available today. Searching the internet for a possible supplier, I stumbled upon http://www.hongkongeek.ch. The price was good and the overall shopping experience pleasing. I especially like the way their shop is working. As soon as you enter items into your basket, it immediately calculates the total cost including the shipping cost for china mail or DHL. I ordered my device on Sunday 23.06 and had it delivered at my doorstep on Monday 01.07 without any hassle. The tablet is really nice. The overall speed is very good, and the display “breathtaking”.
    Last edited by andbroe; 07-06-2013, 09:09.
    Galaxy Note 3 : stock (4.4.2) ROM
    Cubot GT99 : stock ROM with crossbreeder
    Pipo M6 3g : FreaktabROM v1.0.0

Originally posted by andbroe View Post
    After a short but careful evaluation I decided to buy a 3G enabled Pipo M6 tablet. It seems to be one of the finest tablets available today. Searching the internet for a possible supplier, I stumbled upon Hongkongeek.ch. The price was good and the overall shopping experience pleasing. I especially like the way their shop is working. As soon as you enter items into your basket, it immediately calculates the total cost including the shipping cost for china mail or DHL. I ordered my device on Sunday 23.06 and had it delivered at my doorstep on Monday 01.07 without any hassle. The tablet is really nice. The overall speed is very good, and the display “breathtaking”.

Congratulations!

How is the quality of the tablet? Is it solidly built, no gaps between the glass and the case? Does it charge when it is off?

Comment

Re: New proud owner of a Pipo M6 with 3g

And how is the battery time with continous use? In thinking around 75-80% screen brightness..
      Support your local flasher
      Current devices : Pipo MAX M8 Pro - Samsung Galaxy S4 - Intel NUC

Comment

Originally posted by pulsar123 View Post
        Congratulations!

How is the quality of the tablet? Is it solidly built, no gaps between the glass and the case? Does it charge when it is off?
        The build quality is very good. No gaps, no loose buttons or anything like that. All the parts (front and back) fit well together and the tablet has a nice stable touch to it. It is maybe a little bit on the heavy side, but that is certainly because of the big battery (10000mAh) and the stable glass front plate. To answer your second question. I plugged the charger in last night, switched the tab off and this morning the battery was fully charged .

Hope this answers all your questions

Comment

Originally posted by pr0xZen View Post
          And how is the battery time with continous use? In thinking around 75-80% screen brightness..
          Don't have a really good measured time to give to you, since I only have the M6 for a really short time. But the first impression is not bad at all. I will keep an eye on this and report back in a few days.

Comment

Don't have a really good measured time to give to you, since I only have the M6 for a really short time. But the first impression is not bad at all. I will keep an eye on this and report back in a few days.
            How is the responsiveness? From what I read almost all complains about retina tablets beeing to slow to handle the UI smooth. There are lags here and there? Have you observed this?
            I had an M8 Pro, but had to send it back because it was disfunctional. Wondering about getting the M6 instead of the M8 Pro now.

Comment

Would you care to let us know, what was your problem with your m8pro?

Comment

Originally posted by blizzet View Post
                How is the responsiveness? From what I read almost all complains about retina tablets beeing to slow to handle the UI smooth. There are lags here and there? Have you observed this?
                I had an M8 Pro, but had to send it back because it was disfunctional. Wondering about getting the M6 instead of the M8 Pro now.
                Well I do not have other tablets to compare with, but I think the responsiveness of my M6 is really good. Especially after I flashed the 1.2 ROM.

Comment

Some additional information.
                  Spent more than 7 hours surfing the net in my garden today (WiFi) and the battery is still on 37%

Comment

Some additional information.
                    Spent more than 7 hours surfing the net in my garden today (WiFi) and the battery is still on 37%
                    Sounds terrific! Thanks for the information before regarding responsiveness.

Comment

Sounds like they have improved a bit on the power effectiveness on the retina displays. But good battery time on the M6 should be expected - it has a 5.000 mAh 7.4v battery. For us with more "typical" 3.7v battery setups, its the equivalent of a 10.000 mAh battery.

While the screen is just 0.3" larger, the tablet is still 100 grams heavier than the M8pro. That weight is almost entirely battery. So a big battery comes at a price. But however you turn it, a retina display with a good brightness level is going to have a fat straw into that battery pack. So for good usage time, there's really no way around it.

Im really glad to hear your experience with the M6 - its looking good for chinese electronics developement. Alas - once the chinese units reaches the same consistant quality of their larger, global mainstream counterparts - the price level is likely to go way up, too :/

Comment

Can you share some experience related browsing and gaming. and what about the performance of wifi and 3g network.

Comment

Would you care to let us know, what was your problem with your m8pro?
                          My M8 Pro was disfunctional in some way. It did not ever make an Antutu test without crashing, rebooting or or exit the application.

Further on it was unstable, rebooted, powered off. The battery was incredible week, or something drained the battery. I got about 1h 26 min use time of surfing. Also in standby without any applications running it dropped 15-20% of the battery during the night (8-10 hours). So I sent it back.
                          Seems to be a diff in quality from device to device. Have read posts where also battery reported not being that good, but also read people being really satisfied with 8-12 hours.

I'm not really sure about if I want a new M8 Pro, or the M6 instead which I haven't read anything bad about regarding batterytime at least.

But I liked the size, screen (even loss of retina) and weight of M8Pro.

Comment

That extremely low usage time is NOT normal - have not seen anthing near that bad, reported yet. This, combined with your other issues - makes it clear that you got a faulty tablet. There will always be some minor things with everything, but not like that. Thankfully, the fault percentage on this tablet seems fairly low.

Comment

That extremely low usage time is NOT normal - have not seen anthing near that bad, reported yet. This, combined with your other issues - makes it clear that you got a faulty tablet. There will always be some minor things with everything, but not like that. Thankfully, the fault percentage on this tablet seems fairly low.
                              Yes, it was clearly a faulty one. I returned it to China, waiting for them to get it and then send me a new one. Hope I can make up my mind on an M6 or a new try with the M8 Pro.

Comment

Working...
                              X