Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[LibreELEC] Run RetroArch on your S905/S905X device!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It works also on a S912!, but with some bugs:
    I'm using Kszaq LibreElec and the 32 libs aren't required (I didn't install it). I was trying to install ColecoVision that requires a Bios, and it has been impossible.
    • In the folder: /storage/.kodi/userdata/addon_data/emulator.tools.retroarch/config there are 2 files that are overwritten every time Retroarch starts: retroarch.cfg, and every time a game is called: retroarch-core-options.cfg. Is there a way to edit such files? Note: there is no service active (ie retroarch) when system is loaded, so the solution is not to do SSH and stop the service and then edit the files.

1. In retroarch.cfg: Now: system_directory = "storage/emulators/retroarch/screenshots", it should be "storage/emulators/retroarch/system". Now there is no system folder. This file can't be edited as it is overwritten every time Retroarch launches. The bios is supposed to be there (in a subfolder it seems).
    2. The file retroarch-core-options.cfg needs to be edited in order to declare bluemsx_msxtype = "COL - ColecoVision", by default is "MSX2+", so it needs to be changed: https://github.com/libretro/blueMSX-libretro/issues/8, but it is impossible to do that because it is overwritten every time.
    3. The bluemsx core works for several Machines: MSX / MSXturboR / MSX2 / MSX2+/SEGA-SG-1000 / SEGA-SC-3000 / SEGA-SF-7000 / SVI-Spectravideo SVI-318 / SVI-Spectravideo SVI-328 / SVI-Spectravideo SVI-328 Mk2 / ColecoVision / Coleco (SVI-Spectravideo SVI-603). https://buildbot.libretro.com/docs/library/bluemsx/
    4. Maybe to have a dedicated filename of bluemsx_libretro.so for every machine: bluemsx_libretro_for_coleco.so, but that's not the idea.
    • Inside the gui: by default retroarch.cfg is saved in storange/.config/retroarch/config/ but that folder doesn't exist. There is instead a 0 bytes file 'retroarch' in storange/.config/.
    • In the gui: Menu icon theme -> systematic, retroactive options are not working. No pictures are shown.
    • In some file I've seen a 'dwonloads' folder.
    • Audio: 'retroarch_audio_device' the default should be: 'hw:0,0', 'retroarch_audio_driver' -> alsathread, 'retroarch_audio_out_rate' -> 48000. The first time the audio didn't work.

@JoKeRz: Can you make an upgrade with all required Bios already inside or a folder where to place the files? It has been a big issue trying to install Coleco and no success so far.

Also, has anyone done the fix for Atari 5200 with atari800 core in order to use just the joystick only and not the keyboard (pressing F4 for every start instead of just gamepad START button)?:
    https://forums.libretro.com/t/anyone-get-atari-5200-working-under-retroarch/9194/131
    Last edited by MMT; 11-24-2017, 18:38.

Comment

Originally posted by MMT View Post
      It works also on a S912!, but with some bugs:
      I'm using Kszaq LibreElec and the 32 libs aren't required (I didn't install it). I was trying to install ColecoVision that requires a Bios, and it has been impossible.
      • In the folder: /storage/.kodi/userdata/addon_data/emulator.tools.retroarch/config there are 2 files that are overwritten every time Retroarch starts: retroarch.cfg, and every time a game is called: retroarch-core-options.cfg. Is there a way to edit such files? Note: there is no service active (ie retroarch) when system is loaded, so the solution is not to do SSH and stop the service and then edit the files.

1. In retroarch.cfg: Now: system_directory = "storage/emulators/retroarch/screenshots", it should be "storage/emulators/retroarch/system". Now there is no system folder. This file can't be edited as it is overwritten every time Retroarch launches. The bios is supposed to be there (in a subfolder it seems).
      2. The file retroarch-core-options.cfg needs to be edited in order to declare bluemsx_msxtype = "COL - ColecoVision", by default is "MSX2+", so it needs to be changed: https://github.com/libretro/blueMSX-libretro/issues/8, but it is impossible to do that because it is overwritten every time.
      3. The bluemsx core works for several Machines: MSX / MSXturboR / MSX2 / MSX2+/SEGA-SG-1000 / SEGA-SC-3000 / SEGA-SF-7000 / SVI-Spectravideo SVI-318 / SVI-Spectravideo SVI-328 / SVI-Spectravideo SVI-328 Mk2 / ColecoVision / Coleco (SVI-Spectravideo SVI-603). https://buildbot.libretro.com/docs/library/bluemsx/
      4. Maybe to have a dedicated filename of bluemsx_libretro.so for every machine: bluemsx_libretro_for_coleco.so, but that's not the idea.
      • Inside the gui: by default retroarch.cfg is saved in storange/.config/retroarch/config/ but that folder doesn't exist. There is instead a 0 bytes file 'retroarch' in storange/.config/.
      • In the gui: Menu icon theme -> systematic, retroactive options are not working. No pictures are shown.
      • In some file I've seen a 'dwonloads' folder.
      • Audio: 'retroarch_audio_device' the default should be: 'hw:0,0', 'retroarch_audio_driver' -> alsathread, 'retroarch_audio_out_rate' -> 48000. The first time the audio didn't work.

@JoKeRz: Can you make an upgrade with all required Bios already inside or a folder where to place the files? It has been a big issue trying to install Coleco and no success so far.

Also, has anyone done the fix for Atari 5200 with atari800 core in order to use just the joystick only and not the keyboard (pressing F4 for every start instead of just gamepad START button)?:
      https://forums.libretro.com/t/anyone-get-atari-5200-working-under-retroarch/9194/131
      I'm afraid this project is dead, it was really great though

Comment

As people kept on asking me. I have just updated my packages. The thread maybe locked but the guide is the same. I just replaced the packages with newer versions at the same url.
        Haven't tested but have been told it works with S912.

Comment

Originally posted by pinguy View Post
          As people kept on asking me. I have just updated my packages. The thread maybe locked but the guide is the same. I just replaced the packages with newer versions at the same url.
          Haven't tested but have been told it works with S912.
          Thanks for updating. Tomorrow I try in s912.

Edit: It does not work emulastation in s912.
          Last edited by mega-samu; 12-26-2017, 21:37.

Comment

Working...
          X