X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

mxq pro 4k android 6.0 S905X firmware

Dear Friends/Experts
    I need your urgent help
    I urgently need firmaware of mxq pro 4k android 6.0 S905 X (image file via PC). Please Help

Regards
    Last edited by youbee; 12-11-2016, 20:52.

still waiting for HELP. Please do needful my friends.. really need this firmware or alternative which fits in this box.......

Comment

i have one on my PC from awhile ago, i can't find where i got it. you can whisper me for my skype details and i can send it to you.

what is the problem? boxes randomly rebooting?

Comment

this is new rom http://www.omna.pl/wsparcie/MXQPRO_S...__20161031.rar

Update procedure: 1. Format the SD memory card to FAT32 2. Copy the 3 files (p212-ota-20161031.zip, recovery.img, factory_update_param.aml) on the SD card. 3. Insert the SD card to off TVbox 4. Insert example. Toothpick to the AV and hold down the button (you hear a click of a button) 5. Connect the power supply to TVbox holding down the button with a toothpick 6. You will see a green robot android, and under it there is a status bar updates. Wait until the update is finished.

Comment

I have this box as well my current rom is p212....user debug test keys 10/22/2016.

mine was locking up in kodi at every video stop.
          ended up going into Kodi video settings and disabling the first of 3 video codes. accidentally posted in 905 sub . hopefully my post will get moved here.

if yours is locking up in Kodi after every video. let me know and I will get you the name of the codec I disabled. worked well as a band aid until I get updated fw or codec.

might try this update, but want to check into what effect my fw tagged with user debug and test keys .

Comment

dzo nywzk

6 marshmallow for MXQ pro 4K ... can you tell me if its easy to install on my box ?

Thx

Comment

There are several versions of the Mx pro 4K the p212 board version has the AML S905X chip and comes with Android 6. other versions include but are not limited to the S905 chipset and Android 5.

Roms/ firmware made for one version typically won't work with another. Even board revision with the same chipset may use different accessory chips .

my MXq box is AFAIK the latest revision shipped with s905X chipset ,10/26/16 firmware and Android 6. however I only got the basic 1Gig/8Gig memory option.

not sure if a Marshmallow build is available for the more recent boxes shipped with Lollipop.

Comment

Originally posted by deebee123 View Post
                I have this box as well my current rom is p212....user debug test keys 10/22/2016.

mine was locking up in kodi at every video stop.
                ended up going into Kodi video settings and disabling the first of 3 video codes. accidentally posted in 905 sub . hopefully my post will get moved here.

if yours is locking up in Kodi after every video. let me know and I will get you the name of the codec I disabled. worked well as a band aid until I get updated fw or codec.

might try this update, but want to check into what effect my fw tagged with user debug and test keys .
                deebee123 , I'd love to know the codecs you disabled. Having so many issues with this box and kodi. Thank you!!!

Comment

It's amcodec in kodi it's under video options,
                  You will need to have the settings turned to the highest level (advanced?) ,. If your running a complicated build it might be easier to temporarily switch to the confluence skin as some builds hide the settings level option

search Kodi amcodec and shutdown or similar and you should find detailed instructions
                  Unticking the amlogic codec checkbox absolutely made the difference between pulling my hair out ready to take my MXq out and use it for target practice and liking it so well that I don't want to brick it by flashing directly onto its refurbished NAND chip.

Comment

deebee123 haha!! I regularly want to do that. I thought it came with the territory (hair pulling and target practice).

That did the trick.

However, I think this box is fried. I'm waiting to see if I hear back from the manufacturer if they will give me their firmware. I found very similar firmware and I tried flashing it already. However, now it kicks me out of the wifi. URG. So if the lady can give me the firmware for this beast, I'm hoping it will solve most of my issues.

I can't believe that one little button though was freezing up my box, left right and centre. LOL.

Comment

It's probably fine likely the firmware you flashed has drivers fort the wrong chip active.
                      If you have already flashed similar firmware then you must know which version you have.

if you are comfortable pulling the 4 little rubber feet off and opening it up (be careful as the Wi-Fi antenna is hooked to the top half of the box)

anyhow to identify the proper firmware we need to know the board model and revision (printed in white)
                      ,also which Wi-Fi chip (usually a small board with an even smaller chip often nearest where the Wi-Fi antenna solders on)

If you don't want to open your box then go to settings about and get the build info as well a note which Wi-Fi chip the firmware you installed was designed for.
                      I believe you will want to start with firmware for the same build and a different Wi-Fi chip.

iirc there are only two versions of chips for the 905 MXq 201 boxes a Realtek and an Ap something.

anyhow post up the above info if you need help locating a RoM.

Comment

I have stock firmware for:

S905XQ_v1.0 8-11-2016

Comment

cbushjr56 can you kindly provide a link to download the stock firmware?

Comment

dzo nywzk i just tried this and after updating, the light stay constantly red. can you help please? can anyone help?

Comment

Link for the MXQ stock firmware.

MEGA provides free cloud storage with convenient and powerful always-on privacy. Claim your free 50GB now!

Comment

Working...
                              X