Auto Frame Rate Fix APK on S905x and S912 firmware

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by prahjister View Post
    Here is an app to fix auto frame rate adjustment on SPMC 16.5.2 and newer and FTMC and maybe Kodi 17.
    SuperCeleron's fix in app form.
    Older versions of Kodi and derivatives will not work and you will get a blank screen and rebooting will be necessary.
    Device must be rooted.
    Install the APK
    Go into Android settings > Apps > Auto Frame Fix scroll down to permissions and give the app storage permissions
    Open the app click reboot and give the app SU permissions,
    After boot is complete you will get a notification and sound that it has been applied.

AutoFrameFix.apk
    Does the APK work the same way as the add-on? Or are they different.?

Comment

Hi I have downloaded the APK. But I get no notification once I've selected reboot. Any suggestions what else I need to do? Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by jmgandia View Post

You were right. It's a symlink to sys/device/virtual/amhdmitx?? (sorry, I don`t remember exactly the folder). There is a disp_cap with the video modes. That was not the problem. I installed the SelinuxModeChanger app and set the mode to permissive. After that SPMC was able to change the frame rate. Someone with the same problem should try and comfirm if this is the solution.

Thanks a lot.
        Where will I find the Selinuxmodechanger app?

Comment

Add-on works fine.
          But can't get the APK to work. I have installed it but get no notification.

Device- H96 pro plus 2gb16gb. S912chipset.
          Last edited by Flashaholic; 12-16-2017, 20:29. Reason: Updated

Comment

Can someone please post the instructions on how to add the jeff frequency switcher addon step by step. I added new firmware for my box so ive wiped everything and cant seem to add it again. I installed it without a problem last time so im not sure what i am doing wrong. Thanks

Sorry, sorted it now. I was installing the zip from the wrong place on github. So glad ive sorted it, it was driving me nuts.
            Last edited by zabba; 12-28-2017, 15:58. Reason: Sorted

Comment

Can the apk work with stb emu or is there anything else i can try to get the auto refresh rate to work? Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by zabba View Post
                Can the apk work with stb emu or is there anything else i can try to get the auto refresh rate to work? Thanks.
                Afaik the APK is only meant to work for kodi, however it doesn't work for me. I don't get any notification to say it's active.
                But the frequency switcher add-on works for me.
                But obviously that only works via kodi/spmc

Comment

Originally posted by Flashaholic View Post

Afaik the APK is only meant to work for kodi, however it doesn't work for me. I don't get any notification to say it's active.
                  But the frequency switcher add-on works for me.
                  But obviously that only works via kodi/spmc
                  Thanks, i already have the addon on kodi and it's working well. Ive been advised to try stb emu because of an issue i was having with kodi so i just wondered if there was a fix for the refresh rate setting on stb emu. I have been manually setting it to match up with the video but if the auto worked it would make things a bit more easier. Cheers

Comment

Ive asked in a few places but havent got a definitive answer so I thought i would ask on a frame rate refresh thread, ha. Can someone please tell me what refresh rate is the best for 23.976 content. I am using the frequency switcher addon off github that somebody kindly posted on here. On the switcher it has 23.976 to adjust to 24hz by default but i get the dreaded judder on my tv on that setting but i can set it to 50 or 60hz so out of these two settings which is best suited to playing 23.976 video, 50 or 60hz? Thanks.

Comment

For 23.976. ur device needs to switch to 24hz.
                      I am using a h96 pro plus box.
                      In android settings I set my device resolution to 4k at 24hz.
                      Everything works fine then. Do not have ur device resolution switched to auto as that's when I experienced issues.
                      25fps and 50fps feeds should switch to 50hz - British channels.
                      30fps and 60fps should switch to 60hz- American and Canadian channels.

What device are u using?
                      What TV are u using?
                      ​​​​​

Comment

Originally posted by Flashaholic View Post
                        For 23.976. ur device needs to switch to 24hz.
                        I am using a h96 pro plus box.
                        In android settings I set my device resolution to 4k at 24hz.
                        Everything works fine then. Do not have ur device resolution switched to auto as that's when I experienced issues.
                        25fps and 50fps feeds should switch to 50hz - British channels.
                        30fps and 60fps should switch to 60hz- American and Canadian channels.

What device are u using?
                        What TV are u using?
                        ​​​​​
                        Id rather the tv do the upscaling so i have my box set to 1080 and change it if im watching 4k content plus SPMC/kodi is very laggy at 24fps. The judder on 23.976 video on my tv (samsung mu6120) when played back at 24hz annoys me so i just wanted to know which refresh rate out of 50 and 60hz is suited best to 23.976. Ive done a bit of testing on a film with a panning shot at the start and 60hz seems to be the smoothest playback so think ill set it to that. Cheers.

Comment

Working...
                        X