A95X S905X bricked by SD card update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A95X S905X bricked by SD card update

So I tried to do the Xannytech mod on my A95X and I followed the instructions for an SD card update, I had the droid on the screen and it was doing it's update, and then the box bricked. Completely. All I get is a red light on the box with no display at all. I have tried to use the USB flash tool, but the box is not recognized by my computer at all, no beeps no new hardware, nothing. I have tried the videos posted on tvboxforums, as there was a business card included with the box that said to go there for support, but nothing there is helping at all. Does anyone know how to revive this thing from the red light of death, or do I just need to send it back as DOA? It's very frustrating as the the box has so many flaws that the Xanny mod fixes and if I am not able to update it at all, then I won't be buying these ever again for any of my friends.

Thank you for all your time and patience. It is greatly appreciated.

Well after figuring out what pins to short out (on the underside of the pcb, what a pain), the box only goes to 2% and then fails miserably. At this point I am going to call them bricked beyond repair. Apparently the newer a95x boxes have issues with updated firmware??

[17:29:35 740][Global][Inf]--Update HUB6-8 \\.\USB#VID_046D&PID_0B06#6&3520cc6b&0&8#{f18a0e88-c30c-11d0-8815-00a0c906bed8}
    [17:29:35 741][HUB6-8][Inf]--Update device path
    [17:29:35 791][HUB6-1][Inf]--CloneImageProxy
    [17:29:35 791][HUB6-1][Inf]--Connect path=Intel(R) C600/X79 series chipset USB2 Enhanced Host Controller #1 - 1D26/P0/P0/P0
    [17:29:35 791][HUB6-1][Inf]--Start burning...
    [17:29:35 841][HUB6-1][Inf]--------------ERASE BOOTLOADER------------
    [17:29:35 842][HUB6-1][Inf]--2-2-0-0
    [17:29:35 842][HUB6-1][Inf]-------------Download DDR.USB-----------
    [17:29:35 842][HUB6-1][Inf]--2-2-0-0
    [17:29:35 842][HUB6-1][Inf]--Control write pll reg1 0xd9000000:0x000000b1
    [17:29:36 343][HUB6-1][Inf]--Control write pll reg1 0xd9000000:0x00005183
    [17:29:36 843][HUB6-1][Inf]--Write initial succeed
    [17:29:36 843][HUB6-1][Inf]--Upload encrypt at 0xc8100228
    [17:29:36 843][HUB6-1][Inf]--ulValue = 0xadfc318c
    [17:29:36 843][HUB6-1][Inf]--Read encrypt value succeed
    [17:29:36 851][HUB6-1][Inf]--Transfer complete
    [17:29:36 852][HUB6-1][Inf]--Run at address 0xd9000000
    [17:29:36 852][HUB6-1][Inf]--RunInRam succeed
    [17:29:37 193][HUB6-1][Inf]--IOCTL_IDENTIFY_HOST_Handler ret=-5 error_msg=libusb0-dll:err [control_msg] sending control message failed, win error: A device attached to the system is not functioning.

Comment

Can you point out the pins that need to be shorted on the S905X?

Comment

As I didn't take pictures all I can do is use the one that was posted in an earlier thread. It's really small and you will probably have to zoom in. Sorry.
        You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

good enough thanks!!

Comment

Seems mine is completely different:

You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 3 photos.

Comment

Honestly all you can do at this point is hit the reset button, plug in the USB and then take a screw driver and short pins till you here the new hardware found sound in windows.

Comment

Been trying that, no luck so far.... only red light blinks and chirping electricity noises, but nothing on the new hardware front...

Comment

kreator, I am in the same boat red light blinks, chirping noises/shorting and nothing on hardware front. I believe it is pins 1-2 i am shorting. But no matter what combination I try, reset button, usb cable, power no power still nothing.... same old red light of death.. there has to be a way to wake this things up (flashed wrong TWRP on it and been dead since). Specifically I have a Puersit I9X Amlogic s905x 1gb-8gb.

Comment

Yep, same problem here, TWRP killed it. Is your board and eprom the same as mine?

Comment

See I was using the twrp for xannytechs mod. It bricked mine completely. Weird. I have a few more at a friends place and will try and use the burn tool on those. When I do I will update here if it worked. I would really like twrp to work but if it won't then burn tool better haha.

Comment

the s905x twrp image worked on mine, but the power cord was pulled after I erased the partitions lol

anyway, gotta find which pins do the trick. So far no luck. I guess nobody here has the scheme for this NAND module

Comment

this is my board and i believe these are pins 1-2 at the tip of my screwdriver. definitely shorts the system and turns off red light. thoughts?
                          Attached Files

Comment

seems to be the same as mine, eudar? did you try pins 3-4 and 4-5 and 5-6 ?

we are flying blind here since we don't have the scheme for the pins tho...

Comment

yes i have tried the other pins, the only actual, physical short on the whole board is pins 1-2. if tried 3-4 and others and no luck. trust me i have tried multiple .img's, multiple versions of usb burning tool and multiple combinations of usb, power, reset and such in all orders possible. The box continues to have red light of death that's about it. With that said, i may jump ship and give up.. what im looking for a is a great little box that can handle the directv app, and acts as a tablet essentially. smooth quick interface and easy control.... this amlogic s905x was not that great that is why i was tinkering with it in the first place. any suggestions on a better overall box?

Comment

Working...
                              X