No announcement yet.

[ROM][BETA] Custom Mod Rom for MXQ Pro 4K based on XannyTech Custom Mod Rom

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well finally got brave enough to test Roms on the MXQ with its ReMan mem chip. I burnt your image file to SD card with aml boot card maker....this method worked for my S92 (S912) w/ a micro SD.
    ​​​​​​
    The particular full size SD card isn't all that great (Barely runs at Class 6 speed) as my wife got the C10+ U1 (that runs just under U3 speed) for her digital cam.
    Either way Burn Card maker does verify the written data and it completed without error, so other than being slow it should be fine.
    Getting pretty late here, gonna try it in the morn and see if I can get it to boot from SD. Will update when I get a result.

reset button worked to get boot from SD unfortunately rather than the standard Android robot w/ the message upgrading...I got a nice little Android robo holding a big RED sign with a white X. No dice thru this method. Likely USB with nand leg short to mask mode is the only way to go. As I said before raw writing to chip may well end up with data written to bad blocks and a bricked device. Unless and until I resolver a new nand.

Looks like I am stuck with what I have, I wish B-good would have sent me the s905 Android 5.1 device I ordered.
    Last edited by deebee123; 03-16-2017, 17:14.

Comment

Originally posted by blazinramirez View Post
      Thanks for this ROM. I tried it out and looks very nice. I have only one problem. My wi-fi wont turn on. Can you help me? I only have the original rom in zip format. Do you know where the drivers are or how I can fix this problem?

Originally posted by Toetje583 View Post

Are you sure you got the newer Board S905XQ_V1.0 in your device?
      hi toetje

thanks for that awesome rom . Il is really awesome but i got the same problem here.wifi wont turn on.
      im sure i have got S905XQ with rlt8188etv. I Check twice. I Try to redownload and reflash your rom .but same thing again.
      it is ont an hardware issue,i test with the official firmware and its working

Did You got any ideas about it ?

Comment

[QUOTE=Toetje583;n623608]After some testing i'm comfortable enough to share this beta build, here is a new modded rom for the MXQ Pro 4K Board S905XQ_V1.0 it's based on XannyTech rom,
        Be aware that this board is newer and I didn't test it with the older "MXQ Pro 4K" as I don't own that device. Using this rom is at your own risk!

Device information:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...it?usp=sharing

Based on the latest 2016-11-01 P212 firmware 1GB Ram/8GB Rom.

Features:

- Restores the android notification bar
        - DeBloated
        - Xposed Framework prebuilt in and activated
        - Init.d support built-in
        - SuperSu
        - SquareHome2 Launcher highly customizable
        - Supports floating windows by using the
        XHFW3 xposed module.

Preinstalled apps:

- ADAway
        - Chrome
        - SPMC
        - Netflix
        - MxPlayer
        - Total Commander + 3 useful plugins
        - YouTube
        - Terminal Emulator
        - BootManager
        - XposedInstaller 3.11

Bugfixes:

Enabling CEC changes language at boot.

Known issues:

- no TWRP, this board does not support any TWRP s905x version out there, I need help with this one.

You tell me!

Latest version download:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...0dpelNjZ0didU0

Installation notes:

To install my rom you need to use Amlogic USB burning tool 2.0.8 there is no flash-able zip version yet as this rom has no TWRP build-in yet...

- After first boot update the su binary by opening the Supersu app, use the normal installation method.

Enjoy![

CONS

1. The enter key on a usb or wireless keyboard doesn't work when typing this really p@sses one off lol

2. usb cameras don't work

3. Screen capture apps don't work not one I found can record your screen it makes a popping hiss sound with a green screen playing it back

4.Twrp touch can be flashed to it using rashr but the problem is although working when rebooting into recovery you cannot backup, the sd option is the only working option if you use a sd card I don't know is it because I have it internal storage from usb hard drive and it's not loaded and can't be loaded as the twrp doesn't allow mounting unless it's booted it's to secure to play with I don't know???

5.You cannot lock the system with a passcode in trying it boot loops and needs reflashing do not do that.Not remembering the option of a which locks I chose to create that problem rebooting but basically I'd advise do not use any screen locks of any app or in the settings of the device till fixed for sure.

MAJOR PROS

1. The problem with popping and crackling noises in games is absolutely fixed perfectly it can play games really well if you've shimmed it and fan modded it the lag is removed from the low grade chipset somewhat. I have shadowgun deadzone playing totaly lagless and dead trigger 2 that did need the shimming and the settings lowered, also got gta san andreas going lagless lower settings to mid, quite a lot of games the hardest to mod to work well was the nova 3 near orbit vanguard this is now in low settings playing flawlessy now to that was a major benefit to shimming and fan modding the box really as prior was practically unplayabling doors crashed the game, now real racing 3 and asphalt 8 airborne among some numerous others are playing sh@t hot and lag free ie. redball 4 it would play a lot more if they'd make it possible to use a controller in them.

2. The os is very nice smooth functioning faster than the stock rom

3.It's rooted so that's allways good news if you want to add third party controller support kl or keychar files in system/usr/keylayout I have the shield and 360 pads working over usb, I do have a blue soleil bluetooth usb adapter but it cannot pick it up should it is a good question? That would be excellent to run the ouya controller on bluetooth wirelessly then no wires lark,

3. You can use an external hard drive to add it as the internal storage (format as internal storage device) I am using a 1tb seagate usb 3.0 hdd shame it's only 2.0 on the ports though

4.The launcher is squarehome 2 and does a great job of putting all icons in tiles on the home screen in a tidy slidable row.

Please can you fix the screen recording above all and the camera issue for skype and in some way devise a plan to backup the device externally and restore it please this would be off the hook if the creases like these where ironed out, I'd love to showcase the playing of some games for you and the benefits in the shimming have accomplished in the speeds tof the menu and the system in general without having to prop up a mobile phone draining the battery just to get a screen capture going, the camera for skype would also be really good, just those 2 things and the enter key fixed so I can avoid onscreen keyboard annoyances lke needing enter in the keyboard to change paragraphs without using a keyboard navigating to the enter button for seconds first or hovering over enter using a mouse to do it would practically polish it off, if you added overclocking also I could attempt it on mine to test run it being modded and all would probably take without falling over or burning out I assume?

But all in all I love it it's working well and I have to give it 8/10 score level for the performance gains software wise. If you iron out those issues it's going to be the absolute tippy top best of the mxq pro 4k firmwares period!
        Last edited by PHYSC; 04-12-2017, 21:42.
        What is the world if you don't explore?

Comment

The ROM is nice and fast. I have 1 problem and that is the Wifi does not work. My main board is printed with the following:
          S905XQ v1.0 8/11/2016

If Wifi would work this would be the prefect ROM.

Comment

Great rom - really love how smooth it is though i'm still trying to get libreelec from nand.

I found the latest STOCK firmware at least - 20170215 - contains both the SD card version and the USB tool image version
            MEGA provides free cloud storage with convenient and powerful always-on privacy. Claim your free 20GB now

Originally posted by cbushjr56 View Post
            The ROM is nice and fast. I have 1 problem and that is the Wifi does not work. My main board is printed with the following:
            S905XQ v1.0 8/11/2016

If Wifi would work this would be the prefect ROM.
            I found this but i turned wifi on and nothing but a reboot or two seemed to fix it

Comment

The wifi problems some users described, I only came once across it and a reboot fixed it.

bothered we need a working TWRP in order to get libreelec on the nand.

Edit:

I found a new firmware for our device, it has the kernel compiled in 2017, wifi works and the remote control aswell so there is a change I will update custom firmware soon
              Last edited by Toetje583; 06-12-2017, 15:07.

Comment

[QUOTE=PHYSC;n640967]
                After some testing i'm comfortable enough to share this beta build, here is a new modded rom for the MXQ Pro 4K Board S905XQ_V1.0 it's based on XannyTech rom,
                Be aware that this board is newer and I didn't test it with the older "MXQ Pro 4K" as I don't own that device. Using this rom is at your own risk!

Device information:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...it?usp=sharing

Based on the latest 2016-11-01 P212 firmware 1GB Ram/8GB Rom.

Features:

- Restores the android notification bar
                - DeBloated
                - Xposed Framework prebuilt in and activated
                - Init.d support built-in
                - SuperSu
                - SquareHome2 Launcher highly customizable
                - Supports floating windows by using the
                XHFW3 xposed module.

Preinstalled apps:

- ADAway
                - Chrome
                - SPMC
                - Netflix
                - MxPlayer
                - Total Commander + 3 useful plugins
                - YouTube
                - Terminal Emulator
                - BootManager
                - XposedInstaller 3.11

Bugfixes:

Enabling CEC changes language at boot.

Known issues:

- no TWRP, this board does not support any TWRP s905x version out there, I need help with this one.

You tell me!

Latest version download:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...0dpelNjZ0didU0

Installation notes:

To install my rom you need to use Amlogic USB burning tool 2.0.8 there is no flash-able zip version yet as this rom has no TWRP build-in yet...

- After first boot update the su binary by opening the Supersu app, use the normal installation method.

Enjoy![

CONS

1. The enter key on a usb or wireless keyboard doesn't work when typing this really p@sses one off lol

2. usb cameras don't work

3. Screen capture apps don't work not one I found can record your screen it makes a popping hiss sound with a green screen playing it back

4.Twrp touch can be flashed to it using rashr but the problem is although working when rebooting into recovery you cannot backup, the sd option is the only working option if you use a sd card I don't know is it because I have it internal storage from usb hard drive and it's not loaded and can't be loaded as the twrp doesn't allow mounting unless it's booted it's to secure to play with I don't know???

5.You cannot lock the system with a passcode in trying it boot loops and needs reflashing do not do that.Not remembering the option of a which locks I chose to create that problem rebooting but basically I'd advise do not use any screen locks of any app or in the settings of the device till fixed for sure.

MAJOR PROS

1. The problem with popping and crackling noises in games is absolutely fixed perfectly it can play games really well if you've shimmed it and fan modded it the lag is removed from the low grade chipset somewhat. I have shadowgun deadzone playing totaly lagless and dead trigger 2 that did need the shimming and the settings lowered, also got gta san andreas going lagless lower settings to mid, quite a lot of games the hardest to mod to work well was the nova 3 near orbit vanguard this is now in low settings playing flawlessy now to that was a major benefit to shimming and fan modding the box really as prior was practically unplayabling doors crashed the game, now real racing 3 and asphalt 8 airborne among some numerous others are playing sh@t hot and lag free ie. redball 4 it would play a lot more if they'd make it possible to use a controller in them.

2. The os is very nice smooth functioning faster than the stock rom

3.It's rooted so that's allways good news if you want to add third party controller support kl or keychar files in system/usr/keylayout I have the shield and 360 pads working over usb, I do have a blue soleil bluetooth usb adapter but it cannot pick it up should it is a good question? That would be excellent to run the ouya controller on bluetooth wirelessly then no wires lark,

3. You can use an external hard drive to add it as the internal storage (format as internal storage device) I am using a 1tb seagate usb 3.0 hdd shame it's only 2.0 on the ports though

4.The launcher is squarehome 2 and does a great job of putting all icons in tiles on the home screen in a tidy slidable row.

Please can you fix the screen recording above all and the camera issue for skype and in some way devise a plan to backup the device externally and restore it please this would be off the hook if the creases like these where ironed out, I'd love to showcase the playing of some games for you and the benefits in the shimming have accomplished in the speeds tof the menu and the system in general without having to prop up a mobile phone draining the battery just to get a screen capture going, the camera for skype would also be really good, just those 2 things and the enter key fixed so I can avoid onscreen keyboard annoyances lke needing enter in the keyboard to change paragraphs without using a keyboard navigating to the enter button for seconds first or hovering over enter using a mouse to do it would practically polish it off, if you added overclocking also I could attempt it on mine to test run it being modded and all would probably take without falling over or burning out I assume?

But all in all I love it it's working well and I have to give it 8/10 score level for the performance gains software wise. If you iron out those issues it's going to be the absolute tippy top best of the mxq pro 4k firmwares period!
                Thanks for all the feedback and sorry for my late reply, I have many projects and sometimes i just disappear but don't worry I keep it all updated!
                I found a newer firmware that really feels smooth and i'm planning to update the custom rom soon.

I would love to hear what apps you did use to record the screen, I will see if it works on my newer firmware.

I also will look into the other issues you mentioned.

Best Regards,

Toetje

Comment

The wifi problems some users described, I only came once across it and a reboot fixed it.

bothered we need a working TWRP in order to get libreelec on the nand.

Edit:

I found a new firmware for our device, it has the kernel compiled in 2017, wifi works and the remote control aswell so there is a change I will update custom firmware soon
                  Any news on the updated custom firmware?

Comment

Originally posted by bartj12 View Post

Any news on the updated custom firmware?
                    Hmm nope, I wanted to invest some time in it but it's having 1gb ram only and so it forced me to look for something else. A new firmware won't make it better. To be fair I think running libreelec is A better choice now

Comment

hi, im new in forum, i have a problem with a tv box mxq pro 4k version china; model MX4VB-V02 theresnt the firmware online a tried like 5 firmwares but i didnt get to flash in mask mode. Someone help me please

Comment

deebee123 did you find shortening pins?

Comment

Working...
                        X