MK809III appears to be dead?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MK809III appears to be dead?

I ordered one of these from Banggood a couple weeks ago and finally got it yesterday. It worked okay for an hour or two last night on my TV at home, but when I brought it to work to play with it, it doesn't appear to be interested in booting anymore. My computer doesn't detect it when I plug it into a USB port either.

Is there anything I can try before I attempt to get it replaced by the seller? That's not a headache I'm looking forward to.

What actually happens when you plug it in? Anything on screen?

Is the blue power LED lit? There's a small hole on the back of the case, in the corner where the power lead plugs in.

Are you using the supplied power adapter? They're not very good and yours may have broken. Try a good adapter of at least 2 amps, if you can.

[edit] Just saw you have an MK809III. I first read it as MK809II. Not sure where the power LED is on one of those.

Comment

Originally posted by big10p View Post
      What actually happens when you plug it in? Anything on screen?

Is the blue power LED lit? There's a small hole on the back of the case, in the corner where the power lead plugs in.

Are you using the supplied power adapter? They're not very good and yours may have broken. Try a good adapter of at least 2 amps, if you can.

[edit] Just saw you have an MK809III. I first read it as MK809II. Not sure where the power LED is on one of those.
      Power LED's actually on the inside, with no real way to see it from the outside other than indirectly, but it lights up. I'm not using the supplied power adapter. They sent a European (I think) one, so I've tried it with the adapter for my iPhone and a 2A wall wart that I know works. My TV also has a USB port on it that I was using for power last night. Nothing on the screen when I plug everything in.

Comment

You can read almost everywhere that TV USB is not sufficient power source... Isn't it just 0,5A? - In addition when you plug everything in - more accessories, more juice required

Comment

Yes, TV USB isn't good enough for these sticks. However, that's clearly not the issue here with failing to boot, even.

How did you turn off the device the last time it was working? Did you click on the power down icon and wait for it to fully power off? Maybe your ROM has been corrupted. The only thing I can think of doing is flashing a new ROM.

Comment

Originally posted by big10p View Post
            Yes, TV USB isn't good enough for these sticks. However, that's clearly not the issue here with failing to boot, even.

How did you turn off the device the last time it was working? Did you click on the power down icon and wait for it to fully power off? Maybe your ROM has been corrupted. The only thing I can think of doing is flashing a new ROM.
            Well if your computer can see your device in flash mode, then it is SW issue (or corrupted nand?) Well if you are able to flash it, then it ain't that bad (yet)

Comment

Working...
            X