GearBest CS Issue - Beelink GT1 with only 1GB ram

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GearBest CS Issue - Beelink GT1 with only 1GB ram

From reading this forum I decided to go for the Beelink GT1 last December, It arrived from Gearbest quickly as I had the expedited shipping, and immediately was blown away by how smooth this unit was in comparison to my other Boxes, The build quality was great, the UI was nice not too much crapware I liked it so much so that I decided to upgrade a unit and bought another one, a couple of weeks ago.

This one turned up i plugged it in and started to use it only to find that it was sluggish and some of the apps were crashing, on further investigation I noticed the resource monitor (stock) was running at 80% i figured this to be quite high since there was nothing running. I check my other box only to find that that was running at 40%.

I checked the memory and sure enough the first box was reporting 1.8gb ram free whist the newbox was reporting 800mb, I contacted Gearbest only to be told this is normal as the system takes up some of the memory. I explained to them that I had 2 identical boxes side by side (running the same stock rom) and so they should be identical with no apps running.

They dont accept that this is a quality issue and have offered me a small partial credit or I can send the box back at my expense to get a refund.

What I really want is the box that I bought to work like the first one, Just wondering if there a setting or something I can do to resolve this issue as I dont want to send the box back but also its not much use to me with only 800mb ram free on start up.

I have enclosed some screen shots, Thanks in advance for any help, advice.

You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 2 photos.

Weird..
    On there site / forum... there is no mention or the existence of a 1gb ram version
    *Only that there are two WiFi versions
    What does the sticker say under need?
    see:

If you look at your screenshots.. the are not running the same firmware... (2016 vs 2017)
    I would : try to do a facotory reset first
    Or
    Try to flash it with the 20161024 firmware as old one / Thats if both the devices have the same Sn on sticker
    x http://chinagadgetsreviews.com/downl...t1-tv-box.html

Goodluck

Comment

Thanks for the reply, I'm not able to access your first link (bad Gateway) but both devices seem Identical, the S/N is different (as I'd expect) but both end with 16GB at the end.

It came with the 2016 firmware, I flashed the new one to see if it improved the performance, the ram free remained roughly the same at 800mb I did a factory reset, no change I don't see putting it back to the original firmware will help. But I will give it a go if you think I should.

Comment

I didn't see beelink Gt1 with 1gb ram,can you run antutu test or you can go in kodi to see free ram maybe is bug with that test?

Comment

What about this screenshot, its from the android settings screen it shows 804mb total memory and only 273 free
          You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Originally posted by mbladen View Post
            What about this screenshot, its from the android settings screen it shows 804mb total memory and only 273 free
            Antutu test you can make video with TV and Gt1 run antutu

Comment

OK, I am trying now, It crashed a couple of times (is not respondng) but it just finished the 3d tests so I should have it soon

Comment

OK, I am trying now, It crashed a couple of times (is not respondng) but it just finished the 3d tests so I should have it soon. What is the best way to post the results? is there a log file or screen shots?

Comment

This is why I won't spend more than £60 on a box and they are trying to sell rk3399 devices for £130+. I haven't had any major issue with gearbest services so far.

Comment

So I found page that said

Total RAM 803MB
                    Available 361MB

heres the screen shots

You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 2 photos.

Comment

Hey DNIZoid, I feel the same way I dont do anything crazy on my boxes, just watch some football and do a little Kodi (or Qodi on the new firmware :-)

I have ordered over 20 items from Gearbest and have been very happy with everything up until now, but when I contacted CS with my issue hoping they may have a technical solution they said

"Please understand the system and the APP that alreagy install need space too. As a proof of good will, we can offer you exceptionally 300 points on your Gearbest account."

!! Exceptionally they would offer me $1.50 off a future purchase for a $60 purchase that is of no use to me!!! I wasn't happy that they firstly didnt confirm it was a Technical problem they just tried to end the matter with a minimal offer.

Thats the reasons for my posts as I'd like to confirm that its not something that I can remedy because I really don't want to go through the hassle of returning the faulty unit at my expense.

Comment

Originally posted by mbladen View Post
                        Hey DNIZoid, I feel the same way I dont do anything crazy on my boxes, just watch some football and do a little Kodi (or Qodi on the new firmware :-)

I have ordered over 20 items from Gearbest and have been very happy with everything up until now, but when I contacted CS with my issue hoping they may have a technical solution they said

"Please understand the system and the APP that alreagy install need space too. As a proof of good will, we can offer you exceptionally 300 points on your Gearbest account."

!! Exceptionally they would offer me $1.50 off a future purchase for a $60 purchase that is of no use to me!!! I wasn't happy that they firstly didnt confirm it was a Technical problem they just tried to end the matter with a minimal offer.

Thats the reasons for my posts as I'd like to confirm that its not something that I can remedy because I really don't want to go through the hassle of returning the faulty unit at my expense.
                        Just make video,they will see in 2 min what is wrong ,from photos they can't see device

Comment

Open up the box and check the number of memory chips and see if there are any noticeable issues surrounding their mountings.

The subject of the apps needing space is in relation to any possible questions about the storage, not RAM, so I think that CS are getting confused.
                          R-TV BOX S10, Beebox N3150, Chuwi Hibox, Nvidia Shield, A95X Max

Comment

Ok thanks for the advice, couple of questions, firstly what sort of video would be useful for them, and secondly If I open up the box wont they say warranty is void and refuse a refund (if thats the eventual route I have to go down)? And how do I unconfuse them about RAM i have mentioned it and sent them photos of the tests I dont know how else to explain it to them.

Comment

If there is no label seal on the box then there isn't any warranty to void and on the basis of the information at hand, you are entitled to check the quality of the components.

All you can do is try to tell them the difference between the 2Gb of RAM that is supposed to be there and the 16Gb of storage.

Having identical firmware on each box with screen dumps to illustrate that there has to be an issue will go a long way.

If you still find that there are issues then post the details in this thread, where the excellent Gearbest representative on FT, Lin, can take the issue to management to obtain a resolution.

http://freaktab.com/forum/advertisers-and-vendor-support-area/gearbest-com/507798-questions-about-the-offer-status-package-to-gearbest

Of course if you have paid by Paypal you can always raise a dispute through them if you are unable to get the issue resolved to your satisfaction.
                              R-TV BOX S10, Beebox N3150, Chuwi Hibox, Nvidia Shield, A95X Max

Comment

Working...
                              X