No announcement yet.

GearBest CS Issue - Beelink GT1 with only 1GB ram

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wonder if one of the memory chips is dead. A program like CPU-Z should report total memory and memory available. I don't think GearBest would dispute a screen shot showing only 1GB total RAM.

Comment

There is a Label on there but that is only the serial number and I cannot feel anything underneath it that would stop me from opening the box. is there a special way into these boxes? and regards to the firmware I understand that so should I roll back the new one or upgrade the old one I don't care either way. I guess upgrading the old one is easier as its waiting for me to do.

I'd like to try and get the issue resolved by providing them with all the information first before involving 3rd parties in disputes because i think as soon as I do this then I will never order from that supplier again and this is the first of 20 purchase that I have had any issues with.

thanks for your continued support/assistance

Norco53 - I think I have already shown total and available through the antutu screen shots (and I have sent them the same) here is what it reports in the app you suggested cpu-Z

You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Originally posted by mbladen View Post
        Hey DNIZoid, I feel the same way I dont do anything crazy on my boxes, just watch some football and do a little Kodi (or Qodi on the new firmware :-)

I have ordered over 20 items from Gearbest and have been very happy with everything up until now, but when I contacted CS with my issue hoping they may have a technical solution they said

"Please understand the system and the APP that alreagy install need space too. As a proof of good will, we can offer you exceptionally 300 points on your Gearbest account."

!! Exceptionally they would offer me $1.50 off a future purchase for a $60 purchase that is of no use to me!!! I wasn't happy that they firstly didnt confirm it was a Technical problem they just tried to end the matter with a minimal offer.

Thats the reasons for my posts as I'd like to confirm that its not something that I can remedy because I really don't want to go through the hassle of returning the faulty unit at my expense.
        as another user said, use cpu z from playstore to verify your box.

Comment

DNIZoid - Just posted above, Hopefully its the right page

Comment

In trebor's Post here there's clearly a difference in the ram to what your box is showing. Look at his CPU Z results

I Would guess that your box has indeed only 1GB of ram

Please consider making a Donation to freakTab

Comment

Yes indeed the CPU Z results of my first beelink GT1 are similar to trebors, this new one is completely different, Somehow i'm not managing to explain that clearly enough for Whitney at Gearbest CS, They have now offered me $15 credit (of a $60 unit) and I can keep it!! or I send it back, its looing more likely that it is indeed a 1GB unit and I'll have to go through the hassle of sending it back at my own expense and waiting for another unit to be sent out. I guess thats the downfall of not buying in your local country!!

Comment

Have you read this?

http://freaktab.com/forum/advertisers-and-vendor-support-area/gearbest-com/592649-good-news-free-return-100-risk-free-shopping-on-gearbest
                R-TV BOX S10, Beebox N3150, Chuwi Hibox, Nvidia Shield, A95X Max

Comment

Well After seeing again posts about hardware changes yet again without changes reflected on the site that you order from. Gearbest this is a case where full exchange to what was sold or full refund should apply.

We are seeing lots of hardware changes from original release alot more now. Changing to cheaper parts is a china marketing ploy that I dont think will stop anytime soon unless pressure is put back on manufactures to take back product. (Wont happen any time soon) Only way to avoid is not buy once hardware proven to be changed. And send back hardware that is not as advertised.

Makes it hard for devs to correct devices when they keep changing the gutz.

Many devices now mk902ii/Shield/Mk68 /Ugoos/neox5/minix5 (yes they still work lol) mk80 no it doesnt work lol.

Comment

Nice post Bluesmanuk thanks for the link i'll mention this although I think they may highlight the 3 day DOA. Maybe I should contact the person on this site that you had previously mentioned Lin? I'm happy to open the box and take videos/photos but dont want any comebacks.

Scooter2014 - I hope that this is not an intentional change as the box is completely unusable with only 300mb of free ram, the first GT1 was awesome, fast, smooth, played everything I threw at it and felt sturdy and well made. This one feels the same but performs like one of my old original Pi boxes from 2012 :-)

Comment

I don't think the 3 day DOA will be an issue as its not DOA, Its just simply not what you paid for, You paid for a 2GB box and that's what you should get.

Post a message here where bluesman has advised http://freaktab.com/forum/advertiser...ge-to-gearbest

referring to this thread you have made,Im sure that lin will see what we all can see (Gearbest may not even no that beelink have messed up)Either mistakenly by putting a 1GB ram chip in or by cutting costs.

I have seen this before on freaktab where a user brought a 2GB box, its sold as 2GB on the webpage and even on the packaging but like you the user found out it was indeed a 1GB

Any problems paypal dispute as you was miss sold a device (But I don't see it coming to that)

Good luck & keep us up to date
                      Please consider making a Donation to freakTab

Comment

Thats great news, so for completeness I have upgraded my first box to the 20/1 update, and have also run CPU Z and grabbed the same image as the New showing the massive difference, below are also photo's side by side of new and old to show they look identical (even same quality marker QC-05). I decided no to open it up at this stage but hav taken your advice to message Lin and ask for advice. Thanks a million for all your advice it has really helped me, I hope that Gearbest CS can be as helpful once they have all the photos.

blinkone - i'll definitely post back and let the forum know how Gearbest CS got this sorted
                        scooter2014 - if i get a chance i'll ask if this was an intentional change or just a quality issue

SBS- New unit (Feb 2017) on the left old unit (Dec 2016) on the right
                        OLDCPUZ - CPU-Z Screenshot of Dec16 unit running on 20/1 update TOTAL Mem 1807mb FREE Mem 862mb
                        NEWCPUZ - CPU-Z Screenshot of Feb17 uniti running on 20/1 update TOTAL Mem 803mb FREE Mem 207mb
                        You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 4 photos.

Comment

I posted in the Gearbest advertiser section and sent through my order details, Customer services messaged me soon after with a new offer,

I replied in the Gearbest advertiser section with the follwoing;

"Yes they have been in touch and offered 2 solutions, 1) send it back for a full refund or 2)keep the unit and accept $20 credit in points.

The unit is absolutely useless it cannot be used for anything and so I do not want to keep it. I just want them to confirm they will cover the $14 return postage and then I'll send it back, alterenatively i'd send them photo's of the unit being put through a shredder and they can expedite me the unit that I paid $60 for in the first place but have not received!

I am not happy and have spent way too much time trying to sort this out. It seems I have proven that the unit is useless and would of thought a replacement would of been sent out to me with out this hassle. I thank you for your interest but regrettably will think twice about ordering again due to the customer service experience i have received.

regards

Marc"

I'll let you know what the final outcome is, but i'm starting to lose enthusiasm :-)

Comment

EDIT: to include tag for CSGearbest

Just an update on my faulty unit and subsequent customer service experience,

I returned the product and emailed out all the tracking details on the 8th March, they replied with a standard response of please wait it could take some time to receive the parcel, I waited and waited then decided today to track my parcel just to see how it was getting on.

I found that it reached its destination almost 4 weeks ago, yet I have not been notified or refunded the item and postage cost.

Before I scold them I have sent them an email asking for an update maybe they have a great excuse as to why they received my parcel 4 weeks ago and have not processed it. I hope the gearbest rep can shed some light on this as at the moment it doesnt look great.
                            International Mail# RR127797918TR Tracking Result

Summary
                            RR127797918TR TURKEY CHINA Delivered
                            History Detail
                            25-Mar-2017 09:14 Final delivery 51805402
                            Last edited by mbladen; 04-21-2017, 08:34. Reason: Added tag for CSGearbest

Comment

hi mbladen,
                              so sorry,our CSGearbest will contact you to deal with this issue as soon as possible.sorry again~

Gearbest TV Box & Mini PC Page

#2 Flash Deals Flash Deals
                              #3Coupons Coupons, Coupons and More Coupons

Comment

Working...
                              X