Unbrick S905x P212 Pin Short Method

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unbrick S905x P212 Pin Short Method

This was a issue i recently had that seemed to be awnsered as it cant be done on a s905x board.

I own the m8s mini II ( s905x p212 board )
    It has the little sheep on it lol

It has the 4 gold pins refrenced by others that were for ground power tx rx and not used.

Well i bricked mine. And it was dead. No burn tool or usb activity. The sd bootable recovery was not working and wouldn't boot to it.

Pretty much it was booting on and off to the 1st screen and was not able to do anything. The reset button on plug in etc was dead. After reading over and over for the older ones pin shorting was a option i started trying. But then read.. Oh nooo.. Its not a option for a newer on... Shheeesshh... Well at my last attempt i was raking the board with a screw driver.. And had usb burn tool running and waiting for the box to show life.. Finnaly it did and it recovered the box!

I re tested this and actually bricked it 5 more times and revived it this way.. So heres what it took..

Plug in the box using ur usb to usb to ur pc on the usb that's closest to ur hdmi. It should now be trying to boot as is and possibly rebooting.. Now you need to plug in the power cable.. Yes power also.. This was the only way i can get this method to work. Without it wont detect the box!
    with these plugged in go to where i have included photo of board and short these pins out trying 1 by 1. If you have it hooked to tv youll see if box turns off or you get color on screen etc.If you change something on display reboot box by unplugging all and re plug in and keep trying. You should have usb burn tool already loaded with ur good system img and have clicked start.. Just keep trying each pin in this section until it goes. You dont need but a 1 sec touch for it to grab and go.

Im going to get the exact pins and a better photo soon for you guys. But just know it can be done on the newer amlogic boards if you spend the time and keep trying with above formula.
    You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.

You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Patiently waiting for details!

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Comment

Please provide some details, I'm in the same situation.
        My box is opened, waiting for short pinning !

EDIT :

WOW WOW WOW !

I successfully make my box recognized by my PC via USB touching pins !

So I plugged the box to the computer using the male male USB cable + the power supply.

Then I touched these two pins (hold like a second)

Then I heard windows' sound that a new device is connected, it's detected withing USB Burning Tool, that's it!!!

EDIT II :
        I was able to flash the stock firmware v112 (I had to uncheck "erase flash" in USB Burning Tool, I don't know why but the erase flash process is always failing at 7%, with the option unchecked I'm able to go through the whole process).

So now I can access the recovery mode again, but I have the error "unable to mount /misc".

If I boot the box normally I'm stuck on the "MEGABOX" logo screen.

Any idea of what to do next ?
        Attached Files
        Last edited by jgoux; 04-22-2017, 11:02.

Comment

Originally posted by jgoux View Post

EDIT :

WOW WOW WOW !

So I plugged the box to the computer using the male male USB cable + the power supply.

Then I heard windows' sound that a new device is connected, it's detected withing USB Burning Tool, that's it!!!

EDIT II :
          I was able to flash the stock firmware v112 (I had to uncheck "erase flash" in USB Burning Tool, I don't know why but the erase flash process is always failing at 7%, with the option unchecked I'm able to go through the whole process).

So now I can access the recovery mode again, but I have the error "unable to mount /misc".

reconnect to ur pc again now its working some what..
          Flash a dif. Rom img again using the tool.

Guys the 1st img shows the pins that youll need to test and fig witch one exactly it is.. If you follow steps and just short each one 1 by 1 it will connect.
          i haven't reflashed my box and bricked it again to redo the write up but it def. Can be done so don't give up.

Im not sure why so many said it wouldn't work..
          just make sure the img tool already is running and you've clicked start with a good img and start shorting each pin 1 by 1 in that area i photographed. If you have hooked to hdmi and it goes to random colors or black and it was showing a img then you need to unplug all and replug in. I assume if its in that state the box wouldn't connect even with right pins.

Comment

i have tried with "erase flash" and "erase bootloader" unchecked but i get stuck at "7%:formatting"

Comment

Originally posted by Devdigitel View Post
              This was a issue i recently had that seemed to be awnsered as it cant be done on a s905x board.

I own the m8s mini II ( s905x p212 board )
              It has the little sheep on it lol

It has the 4 gold pins refrenced by others that were for ground power tx rx and not used.

Well i bricked mine. And it was dead. No burn tool or usb activity. The sd bootable recovery was not working and wouldn't boot to it.

Pretty much it was booting on and off to the 1st screen and was not able to do anything. The reset button on plug in etc was dead. After reading over and over for the older ones pin shorting was a option i started trying. But then read.. Oh nooo.. Its not a option for a newer on... Shheeesshh... Well at my last attempt i was raking the board with a screw driver.. And had usb burn tool running and waiting for the box to show life.. Finnaly it did and it recovered the box!

I re tested this and actually bricked it 5 more times and revived it this way.. So heres what it took..

Plug in the box using ur usb to usb to ur pc on the usb that's closest to ur hdmi. It should now be trying to boot as is and possibly rebooting.. Now you need to plug in the power cable.. Yes power also.. This was the only way i can get this method to work. Without it wont detect the box!
              with these plugged in go to where i have included photo of board and short these pins out trying 1 by 1. If you have it hooked to tv youll see if box turns off or you get color on screen etc.If you change something on display reboot box by unplugging all and re plug in and keep trying. You should have usb burn tool already loaded with ur good system img and have clicked start.. Just keep trying each pin in this section until it goes. You dont need but a 1 sec touch for it to grab and go.

Im going to get the exact pins and a better photo soon for you guys. But just know it can be done on the newer amlogic boards if you spend the time and keep trying with above formula.
              Sorry man i dont get which pins needs to be shortcuted from your photo, can you mark pins on photo?

Comment

Ok i got box to connect to USB Burning TOOL but i cant get to pass over 7% without error!

Comment

Originally posted by Mile View Post
                  Ok i got box to connect to USB Burning TOOL but i cant get to pass over 7% without error!
                  try a different image. If you getting a percent then your getting something.

Or try just loading the recovery.img and flashing that with the burn tool.

I know i HAD to have erase bootloader and reset set to ON for this to work for me.

If you getting it to connect thats 99% of the battle!

Comment

Originally posted by jgoux View Post

EDIT :

WOW WOW WOW !

EDIT II :

If you have twrp try using it to wipe out all the internals.
                    system, data, cache etc, then re-hook to the pc and re-flash your img.

Futhermore you may need to do a format data, or do a advanced wipe and try to repair the internal file system back to EXT4

Comment

I don't have twrp, how can I get it ?

I tried wiping things from the recovery mode, so far I was able to wipe the cache only.

When I try to wipe the data (reset factory/data), it's stuck on the "formatting data..." step and at the end it bricks my box, when I try to reconnect the box it goes automatically to the recovery screen and I only see the animated droid, without any menu/options.

I'm all for repairing the internal file system but I don't know how to do it.

Comment

Originally posted by Team devdigitel View Post

try a different image. If you getting a percent then your getting something.

Or try just loading the recovery.img and flashing that with the burn tool.

I know i HAD to have erase bootloader and reset set to ON for this to work for me.

If you getting it to connect thats 99% of the battle!
                        I was trying to find flash-able recovery.img but no chance, can you please point me to it or send me img if you have it?

Comment

I just tried putting a TWRP img on my SD card, I'm able to boot to it but it's stuck on the TWRP splah screen... '-__-
                          I'm out of options here, I really try everything with this box but it seems that this 7% error in USB Burning Tool is unrecoverable. :/

Comment

is there any way that we can confirm without doubt that NAND memory is broken? So we don't lose time trying to flash device?

Comment

Originally posted by Mile View Post
                              is there any way that we can confirm without doubt that NAND memory is broken? So we don't lose time trying to flash device?
                              i doubt your emmc is bricked if it is talking to the tool at all.

You can try without wipe option on and see what happens, if with install the firmware then you need to try holding down the reset button and pluggin in and seeing if it will boot into recovery.

Try flashing a diff image from freaktab, go back to the firmwares page and download a rom.img from one of the devs and see if a dif one will work.
                              i know these boxes are touchy when it comes to firmware exp. as there are so many clones out there...

Buy you should try manually entering recovery after using the tool to flash a img, as well i believe you can just take the twrp.img and select it with the img burn tool and flash it by itself to the box.

if its talking to a pc its still alive, its a mater of process to get new firmware on it.

Comment

Working...
                              X