No announcement yet.

[ROM] Beelink GT1 Ultimate Nano & TVStock (Android TV) Nexus ROM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The OTA update is designed for incremental updates, and it has fewer hardware checks. Because there's so much hardware variation on the GT1 Ultimate, it's proven difficult building one custom GT1 Ultimate ROM to rule them all. My guess is that if you use the USB Burning Tool or BootcardMaker that it may refuse to install.

On top of that, even original OEM firmware updates posted on the official Beelink forum have been corrupting bootloaders, requiring pins to be shorted on the eMMC to enter Mast ROM Mode to recover. Because the NAND chip is surface mounted, that's also proven very difficult on this model. So difficult, in fact, that even I've been unable to recover my unit after I bricked it recovering to GT1-311M0 on that first day.

So, until we can resolve these issues, I'd not recommend using this custom ROM on the GT1 Ultimate. The first release on GT1-312M0 had stability issues, and I've been unable to remedy the problem due to lack of hardware. Probably the safest route is using SuperCeleron's custom ROM with USB Burning tool, if it matches your hardware.

Comment

So why you created this topic, if now you not recommend using this custom ROM on the GT1 Ultimate???

Ok mate, but now can i back to original firmware?

I don't want throw into the trash my $100...;(

Comment

Well, because I was hopeful that I'd get an assist from Beelink, which seems increasingly unlikely. I did just make it unsticky.

Comment

But now can I back to original firmware? Any ways, any ideas?

Comment

Well, the OEM firmware should be posted on the Beelink forum here: http://www.bee-link.com/Beelink-2978-1-1.html

Comment

I'm just reading this topic. Is if possible in my situation back to OEM firmware via SD card update zip ?

OR can I do in this situation send device for guarantee? (I have 24 mounths) ??? thanks
              Last edited by wojciech679; 06-08-2017, 15:13.

Comment

Hi Magendaz and thank a lot for your work. I found in your Public Folder GT1_113M0_Stock-20170606.img. Is this for GT1 Ultimate? Did you modify it or is it stock? Because is bigger the official beelink update. Thanks in advance for your reply

Comment

Originally posted by jhonb View Post
                  GuestI found in your Public Folder GT1_113M0_Stock-20170606.img. Is this for GT1 Ultimate? Did you modify it or is it stock? Because is bigger the official beelink update.
                  The Stock variant is always going to be bigger, since it includes all the Google apps that you'd typically get with a stock Nexus device. However, the GT1_113M0 is for the standard GT1. ROMs for the GT1 Ultimate will start in the three hundreds (e.g. GT1_313M0).

Comment

Originally posted by Magendanz View Post
                    The Stock variant is always going to be bigger, since it includes all the Google apps that you'd typically get with a stock Nexus device. However, the GT1_113M0 is for the standard GT1. ROMs for the GT1 Ultimate will start in the three hundreds (e.g. GT1_313M0).
                    You're right. I confused the two roms! But i have a problem. I tried you' re rom but gt1 stuck on boot. It's the same problem as original rom. The only rom that boot my box is superceleron's rom. I tried with burn card maker and usb burning tool, but the problem is same. I don't know how solve this problem. Have you an idea?

Comment

Originally posted by jhonb View Post
                      I tried you' re rom but gt1 stuck on boot. It's the same problem as original rom. The only rom that boot my box is superceleron's rom. I tried with burn card maker and usb burning tool, but the problem is same. I don't know how solve this problem. Have you an idea?
                      Yes, the number of hardware variations on the GT1 Ultimate is infuriating, and even the OEM firmware releases haven't covered all the permutations. In fact, flashing the wrong ROM (even the ones posted by Beelink on their official support forum) can brick the box, so be very careful.

If you have Superceleron's ROM working, I'd stick with that.

Comment

jhonb Do you have GT1 or GT1 Ultimate? Write me your First Four Digits of the S/N:
                        I have GT1 Ultimate S/N: G912 and my box is brick after flashing wrong ROM "update_GT1_312M0_TVStock-20170427.zip" from first post (Magendanz).... (I thought this ROM is correctly for my box....f*ck).
                        So if you have superceleron's rom and working it on GT1 Ultimate, write here how can I flash this ROM on GT1 Ultimate. Thank you and waiting. Greetings

Comment

Originally posted by Magendanz View Post
                          Yes, the number of hardware variations on the GT1 Ultimate is infuriating, and even the OEM firmware releases haven't covered all the permutations. In fact, flashing the wrong ROM (even the ones posted by Beelink on their official support forum) can brick the box, so be very careful.

If you have Superceleron's ROM working, I'd stick with that.
                          i saw. But i flashed the correct rom, i'm sure. I think the problem is in bootloader because is really strange his rom work and your' s or beelink roms don't work. Did you change/modify bootloader? Maybe is this the problem. Looking into recovery log i saw the bootloader's argument is null and gt1 can't mount some partition.
                          Thanks for your support.

Originally posted by wojciech679 View Post
                          jhonb Do you have GT1 or GT1 Ultimate? Write me your First Four Digits of the S/N:
                          I have GT1 Ultimate S/N: G912 and my box is brick after flashing wrong ROM "update_GT1_312M0_TVStock-20170427.zip" from first post (Magendanz).... (I thought this ROM is correctly for my box....f*ck).
                          So if you have superceleron's rom and working it on GT1 Ultimate, write here how can I flash this ROM on GT1 Ultimate. Thank you and waiting. Greetings
                          I have GT1 Ultimate G912. Simply i burn the rom on sd card with burn card maker and flashed on gt1. After about 10 minutes it start. You can also use Usb burning tool

Comment

jhonb Thank you ! It was really easy. I downloaded from this forum and I use "Burn_Card_Maker". (here is instruction for noob http://www.bee-link.com/Beelink-1057-1-1.html ). Flashing was perfect! So far everything works great!.

So "Superceleron V8C Rom" I flashed from microSD card, during turn on holded reset button (after 20 sec start flashing).

But "update_GT1_312M0_TVStock-20170427.zip" I flashed from OTA and this ended up error and brick device.

Maybe when I'll be try flash this ROM now via TWRP (from .zip file) all will be succesfull?

How do you think about it? Because I care about "androidTV".

Try it or not, because it will brick device again ?

Last edited by wojciech679; 06-13-2017, 18:22.

Comment

Please see the disclaimer in the original post. It was my first build for GT1 Ultimate and we had some issues with intermittent hangs and inability to install on many hardware variations. Since my device is now seriously bricked, I haven't been able to address any of these issues or maintain it with the other TVStock Nexus releases. Really, your better bet is to go with Superceleron's at this point.

Comment

The joys of dev and testers bricking. Burning killing our devices to get something working for everyone.... Did ya have a proper burial or just smash it with a hammer to put it out of your misery
                                Many devices now mk902ii/Shield/Mk68 /Ugoos/neox5/minix5 (yes they still work lol) mk80 no it doesnt work lol.

Comment

Working...
                                X