Custom ROM Compatability with PMID01C/ PMID701C

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Custom ROM Compatability with PMID01C/ PMID701C

Is the PTAB7200 the same as a PMID01C/ PMID701C? The latter is what is currently on sale at Big Lots.

pmid701c in hand.

I just got a Polaroid pmid701c from big lots to experiment with. I really want the pmid4300 but they are gone and gone it seems. Anyway this little tab is quite usable as is but thats not why we buy android toys is it?

I have a complete android and unix/linux/mac/(DOS,XP,7,8) dev boxes.

I plan to RKdump it. I'll be back in a couple of days.

First post here but a regular lurker on XDA and slatedroid.

Comment

Pmid701c

I am new to the forum. I am interested in the 701C and would think I would like for it to be rooted and contain the "market" now Google Play. I have also studied on the Coby MID7127 as a possible purchase, but $50 higher... I know the 7127 has been rooted but looking to save a few dollars if possible. I will keep a watch on this thread to see if more is developed for the Polaroid. Thanks

Comment

I also just purchased the PMID701c and am interested in experimenting or helping any way I can. I wanted to try Finless' P700 rom as it seems to be quite similar to pmid701c,
        to see if it would take, but I can't seem to figure out how to get it into recovery mode as there are no hard volume buttons.

I also attempted to gain root access via Gingerbreak and UniversalAndroot so that I could install a custom recovery, but had no luck with either of them as of yet.

Comment

I found another tablet with no hard volume buttons: http://krishnabhargav.blogspot.com/2...2-rooting.html http://tabletrepublic.com/forum/hann...guide-143.html

Comment

rkdump status

pushed rkdump to the pmid701c but no /dev/block/mtd* (anything) or /proc/mtd* ???

Also picked up a pmid4300 so now I have both the 4.3" and 7".

Comment

A little light

I also picked up this tablet in hopes of rooting my first Android Tablet. After a few days of stalking Ive decided to join.

I have been told this is a RK29 processor NOT the RK28 found in the 4.3 inch.
              Not very many seem to be attempting roots with enough progression to find an affirmative answer on this.
              NO 1 click roots work, talk about a let down.
              The 4.3 users seem to be progressing VERY well and may have a SUCCESSFUL root by the time you get to the end of their for on the 4.3.

ALSO Im almost positive the PTAB7200 and the PMID701C are one in the same as are the PTAB4300 and PMID4300.

If anyone has any progression PLEASE share. I've hit the same wall as notpod and im about to go insane.

Comment

Rooted

I have it rooted but from what i've read earlier in this thread that's the easy part. Also was trying to copy gapps over using root explorer and it rebooted while doing so. Now stuck at "welcome to PMID701C Touch the android to begin"
                Attached Files
                Last edited by mnorris0678; 03-28-2012, 06:27. Reason: addition

Comment

Originally posted by mnorris0678 View Post
                  I have it rooted but from what i've read earlier in this thread that's the easy part. Also was trying to copy gapps over using root explorer and it rebooted while doing so. Now stuck at "welcome to PMID701C Touch the android to begin"
                  Does that make it a fail root?

Comment

No sir. If i woulld have stopped at just plain rooting, i could still use the thing Was shooting for getting market or "play store" installed AND working hahahah.

Comment

Help

No sir. If i woulld have stopped at just plain rooting, i could still use the thing Was shooting for getting market or "play store" installed AND working hahahah.
                      I would really appreciate a root walkthrough for this! Not the bricking part though lol

Good job on your successful root also.

Comment

Originally posted by Zarealius View Post
                        I would really appreciate a root walkthrough for this! Not the bricking part though lol

Thx. easy peasy though from post #5......... superoneclick version 2.3.3.0 choose the advanced tab, check drivers button, install drivers (didn't click the check box for alternate), click root (even thought says "already rooted"....how is it rooted if no superuser) and voila.
                        Last edited by mnorris0678; 03-29-2012, 01:44.

Comment

is the pmid701c pre-rooted?

when I connected to the pmid701c with ADB I was greeted with the "#" prompt and not the "$" prompt.

*edit* OK SuperOneClick agrees the pmid701c was already rooted. I made no attempt to root it. I saw the biglots guy cut open a brown shipping box to extract my pmid701c and both the top and bottom seals were intact. So does this thing ship rooted?

I have some time to play with this today so will see where this goes.

My pmid4300 has a bad USB connector, won't connect to PC at all, barely can I find a "wiggle spot" where it will charge. It appears to have been returned previously as the USB cable was open and the twist tie was loose. If it worked I would not have minded so much but...

*edit* I am going to return the pmid4300 today and see if I can find another 701c so I can take it apart, I want to see inside. I am wondering if like the Pandigital Novel there is a microSD inside, among other things...
                          Last edited by notpod; 03-28-2012, 15:44.

Comment

Originally posted by Zarealius View Post

I second this. I read through the forum posts from post 5 and am a little uneasy. A walkthrough of exactly what you did to be able to install SuperUser would benefit us all greatly.

Comment

Also, if it helps anyone: I was successfully able to install a working version of Gmail, Android Market (won't auto-update to Google Play for some reason? Tried clearing data and rebooting) by using this package:

I first installed "OneTimeInitializer-signed.apk" successfully, then attempted to install "GoogleServicesFramework-signed.apk" but the installation failed for some reason. I moved on to "SetupWizard.apk", which was successful, and finally "vending-3.1.3-signed.apk", which also was successful.

This gives me a fully working version of the Android Market (only the Icon is the old Icon, launching actually shows the Google Play interface)

Comment

Working...
                              X