Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[ROM] AlfaWise H96 PRO+ 3/16Gb - 3/32Gb - 3/64Gb - SCV7A 7.1.2 (DDR3/DDR4 and 9377 Wifi Chipset)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ubermensch View Post

Yes you do. Note you'll need to install via TWRP and don't unzip the file. Once TWRP is open choose the install from zip option. If you've not used TWRP before, plugging a mouse in will help.

Thanks

I have the LPDDR3 Blue board... H96 PRO+ 3/32Gb SCV7A 7.1.2 (DDR3 and 9377 Wifi Chipset)

Can you give me a link for a working TWRP or tell me how to find it - very confusing - I'd tried google play but no good

Comment

Originally posted by Bebe1980 View Post

Thanks

I have the LPDDR3 Blue board... H96 PRO+ 3/32Gb SCV7A 7.1.2 (DDR3 and 9377 Wifi Chipset)

Can you give me a link for a working TWRP or tell me how to find it - very confusing - I'd tried google play but no good
      If you've successfully flashed the SC4 image TWRP is already installed.

Unplug the power supply from your box, push the reset button in and continue to hold whilst powering on again. After about 20-25 seconds you should see Superceleron's splash screen and then TWRP loads.

TWRP is optimised for phone/tablet so trying to "slide" buttons to navigate isn't easy if you're using a regular IR remote. A spare USB PC mouse will come in handy though not essential. Navigate to the install from zip option and then it's just a matter of browsing to where you've stored the SC7A file and rebooting as normal once it's finished.

Comment

Unplug the power supply from your box, push the reset button in and continue to hold whilst powering on again. After about 20-25 seconds you should see Superceleron's splash screen and then TWRP loads.

TWRP is optimised for phone/tablet so trying to "slide" buttons to navigate isn't easy if you're using a regular IR remote. A spare USB PC mouse will come in handy though not essential. Navigate to the install from zip option and then it's just a matter of browsing to where you've stored the SC7A file and rebooting as normal once it's finished.
        Thanks again - I done all that - was very quick - can I check it worked ?

Also can I like create a "restore point" to wind back to when I brick it again?

Comment

Bebe1980
          In TWPT there is Backup "tile". Use it to make a full backup that can be restored later (whole or part of it).
          ALFAWISE H96 Pro+ 3/32 (S32-V6) | 7.1.2 | SCV7A | OC kernel | TWRP 3.1.1-0 | 64GB

Comment

EDIT: Forget this (Flashed the SC4 again)...

Something is wrong now - I uninstalled the downloaded TWRP thinking I already have it...

I have now installed TWRP again from Google play...

I tried to make a backup but the TWRP doesn't come up when I reboot doing the toothpick thing... I get an interface from Android but tells me I don't have root so...

Is there a way out of this (...apart from flashing SC4 image again) ?
            Last edited by Bebe1980; 04-24-2018, 07:47.

Comment

Bebe1980
              It says You don't have root, coz this rom is unrooted. It have to be flashed (MAGISK) using... TWRP.

Something is wrong now - I uninstalled the downloaded TWRP thinking I already have it...
              How?
              How? Our device has unofficial TWRP, so official app won't work.

You can put this file to sdcard: https://mega.nz/#!Ji4iEAjI!5iCbS2F9J...cO6-MWb1b-z90I
              Than You'll be able to boot TWRP using reset button and pin. This TWRP will work, it's taken from SCV7A.
              ALFAWISE H96 Pro+ 3/32 (S32-V6) | 7.1.2 | SCV7A | OC kernel | TWRP 3.1.1-0 | 64GB

Comment

EDIT: Forget this (Flashed the SC4 again)...

I tried to make a backup but the TWRP doesn't come up when I reboot doing the toothpick thing... I get an interface from Android but tells me I don't have root so...

Is there a way out of this (...apart from flashing SC4 image again) ?
                As ch3mn3y and I've mentioned TWRP is included with the SCV4 image and does not need reinstalling or root access. Don't try to reinstall TWRP through the Play Store on top of the SCV4 image. You won't see TWRP as one of your regular apps. To give you an analogy it's a bit like accessing the BIOS of your computer before the operating system loads.

I suspect you're not getting the timing right for inserting/releasing the reset pin and power lead. Keep trying.

Go to page 133 post #1981 of this thread and you'll find a Youtube video about accessing TWRP on S912 TVBox variants. Hopefully this will give you a visual steer on getting ready for installing SCV7A.

When you are, FAT32 format a microSD card then copy the SCV7A zip file across. Do NOT unzip SCV7A. Insert your microSD card in to the TVBox before you boot to TWRP.

Comment

Originally posted by ch3mn3y View Post
                  Bebe1980
                  It says You don't have root, coz this rom is unrooted. It have to be flashed (MAGISK) using... TWRP.

How?

How? Our device has unofficial TWRP, so official app won't work.

You can put this file to sdcard: https://mega.nz/#!Ji4iEAjI!5iCbS2F9J...cO6-MWb1b-z90I
                  Than You'll be able to boot TWRP using reset button and pin. This TWRP will work, it's taken from SCV7A.
                  Thanks - I think it's all sorted now - I have TWRP back and have installed Magisk - taken a back up ... guess that's about it...

Just one little thing... when I click the square on the bottom screen menu... brings up all the apps I have been using... then I have to wait for the X to appear before I can close them...one by one

On my phone I get the option to Close All Apps - so I don't have to click on X eight times etc...

But now... I only get the option to Close All Apps when there is only ONE left...

Seems like the option is covered until you get to the last app - I can live with that

Anyway - wicked stuff thought my little box was dead until I found this - lots of rubbish videos and forums saying this and that - put the toothpick in, stand on one leg and the put the USB back in etc... then if it's a Monday your flash will begin!

Comment

Thanks - I think it's all sorted now - I have TWRP back and have installed Magisk - taken a back up ... guess that's about it...

Just one little thing... when I click the square on the bottom screen menu... brings up all the apps I have been using... then I have to wait for the X to appear before I can close them...one by one

On my phone I get the option to Close All Apps - so I don't have to click on X eight times etc...

But now... I only get the option to Close All Apps when there is only ONE left...

Seems like the option is covered until you get to the last app - I can live with that

Anyway - wicked stuff thought my little box was dead until I found this - lots of rubbish videos and forums saying this and that - put the toothpick in, stand on one leg and the put the USB back in etc... then if it's a Monday your flash will begin!
                    Glad you've got there, however just in case anyone follows on from this you don't need MAGISK or SuperSu or root access for updating to SCV4 or migrating to SCV7A. In truth I'd advise against rooting the box.

Comment

Why? Root gives You so much possibilities and it's not like You need SafetyNet, right?

@Beb1980
                      Not sure if GravityBox (Xposed module) have that option, but it may make Close All button permanent. And with 3 GB of RAM I don't see why You need to kill all of them...

ZUK Z2 Pro ✓ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

Comment

Originally posted by ch3mn3y View Post
                        Why? Root gives You so much possibilities and it's not like You need SafetyNet, right?

@Beb1980
                        Not sure if GravityBox (Xposed module) have that option, but it may make Close All button permanent. And with 3 GB of RAM I don't see why You need to kill all of them...

ZUK Z2 Pro ✓ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ
                        For the same reason Superceleron's images aren't rooted. It's not essential for applying these updates or using TWRP, so in the context of getting to SC7A, advocating rooting a device is superfluous and confusing for the non-savvy.

Comment

Glad you've got there, however just in case anyone follows on from this you don't need MAGISK or SuperSu or root access for updating to SCV4 or migrating to SCV7A. In truth I'd advise against rooting the box.
                          Thanks and understood - my device (according to Aida64 - another great app I discovered on here) is now rooted

I installed Magisk because after reading some of the posts on here it appears that SuperSu may have been guilty of messing up my box - I'm not sure if it was that or another app that I'd installed that needed root to work - I'm trying to find an easy way to see my CCTV cameras on my TV without having the NVR taking up one of the HDMI ports and the application (cannot remember which one it was now) required root..

GravityBox... I'll check it out

Comment

Thanks and understood - my device (according to Aida64 - another great app I discovered on here) is now rooted

I installed Magisk because after reading some of the posts on here it appears that SuperSu may have been guilty of messing up my box - I'm not sure if it was that or another app that I'd installed that needed root to work - I'm trying to find an easy way to see my CCTV cameras on my TV without having the NVR taking up one of the HDMI ports and the application (cannot remember which one it was now) required root..

GravityBox... I'll check it out
                            Afraid I can't help on the CCTV front, but I understand now why you'd need root access if you've an app that's demanding it. I know there's been posts about SuperSu causing problems and I've some personal experience of this on an android phone, as for Magisk I can't comment. However I'll stick with offering cautionary advice because once rooted an Android device is easier to exploit.

Comment

Apologies if this is the wrong place... but after installing the SC4 and SC7 updateI then tried kodi and playing a little bit of a movie file ... and then looking at my Home Screen again there's obviously some kind of problem with my graphics... picture might help:

Click image for larger version

Name:	20180426_131715.jpg
Views:	100
Size:	90.7 KB
ID:	722309Click image for larger version

Name:	20180426_131705.jpg
Views:	125
Size:	83.1 KB
ID:	722310

The one on the right is like washed out... however when I roll my mouse over the screen it goes back to how it should be

Any ideas?

Click image for larger version

Name:	20180426_131457.jpg
Views:	97
Size:	91.0 KB
ID:	722311Click image for larger version

Name:	20180426_131447.jpg
Views:	97
Size:	98.5 KB
ID:	722312

The home screen and menu screens also appear a bit washed out too at times

Comment

@ Bebe1980,

Check your monitor/T.V. settings....adaptive lighting..environment light sensing. Different T.V.s have had all sorts of gimmicks.

Comment

Working...
                                X