Minix X8-H 5.1.1 , Flashed with ProBox2-ex firmware

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have another one.
    Is there any way to make HDMI CEC settings lasts over a reboot?

Comment

Originally posted by eac View Post
      I have another one.
      Is there any way to make HDMI CEC settings lasts over a reboot?
      Your sound is gone due to your usb dongle for your remote hijacking the sound - start kodi on a stream and remove the usb dongle, then the sound will return.

To make it work permanent with your remote, enable developer options mode (settings/more settings/ click on about 5 times), exit more settings and then go back into it and developer mode will show up, go into that and disable usb audio. Reboot the minix and your sound will start working fine.
      Last edited by mrdude; 09-06-2017, 04:38.

Comment

Yes Sir! You did my evening!
        I have sound now
        So you've quoted my 2nd issue and solved my 1st one.
        Can you, by any chance, solve the quoted one as well?

Comment

Yes Sir! You did my evening!
          I have sound now
          So you've quoted my 2nd issue and solved my 1st one.
          Can you, by any chance, solve the quoted one as well?
          Read this post, you need a patched binary file:

Comment

And thank you again my friend!
            Now we have sorted out the screen size settings as well, just the CEC remains to be...

Comment

Hi there guys.
              Having a look around the forum and came across this thread which was a nice surprise, dug out my long forgotten minix from a dusty loft and flashed the ProBox f/w bringing new life to it, so thanks to all who contributed.
              Everything seems fine except the blue led no longer works, apart from a quick flash when the box is turned on. The led worked ok before the flash.
              No big deal i know guys but has anyone else had this problem ?

Comment

You're not alone, my friend. I have this issue as well, like many others.
                Enjoy your new firmware ignoring this little thing. :-)

Trimis de pe al meu P024 folosind Tapatalk

Comment

You're not alone, my friend. I have this issue as well, like many others.
                  Enjoy your new firmware ignoring this little thing. :-)

Trimis de pe al meu P024 folosind Tapatalk
                  Thanks for replying eac, like you say not a big problem. Sorted by using an old mini usb stick with a pretty green led

For anyone having problems connecting the minix to their laptop/pc you must have 'usb debugging' enabled, found in the 'developer options'
                  If you cannot find 'dev options' scroll down to 'about' and highlight 'build number' and hit the ok button 7 times, this will enable it.
                  If still having problems try using a different usb/otg cable, i tried 3 before getting the minix to connect.

Comment

Hi, i can't dowload drivers. Am i doing something bad??

Comment

Originally posted by tis View Post
                      Everything seems fine except the blue led no longer works, apart from a quick flash when the box is turned on. The led worked ok before the flash.
                      No big deal i know guys but has anyone else had this problem ?
                      You can solve this problem by doing a little hardware mod, use a soldering iron add a ground wire from the led ground point to another ground point - I used the USB ground point (see the points in the red boxes - ignore the other wires, they are for a switch I added)

Now when you turn the box on the led lights as the ground doesn't need a signal to turn on.
                      Last edited by mrdude; 10-08-2017, 15:51.

Comment

I can tell you that I tried to play AC3/Dolby Digital files from Kodi w/o success.

Going to sell this box to someone...

Comment

AC3 is working on original Minix FW...but i have issues with sound outage sometimes during movie playback(probably heavy MKV file)...
                          Also no sound at all from Atmos movies...
                          Android devices: Minix X7 (gone) , Minix X8-H , MK808b Plus
                          Video Out: Benq W1000+ 1080p Projector
                          Audio Out: HDMI -> Yamaha RX-V467B + 5.1 Yamaha Speakers
                          Remote: Rikomagic MK702 II, Minix NEO M1
                          Storage: NAS Zyxel NSA325v2

Comment

Originally posted by tobenary View Post
                            I can tell you that I tried to play AC3/Dolby Digital files from Kodi w/o success.

Going to sell this box to someone...
                            You should install the ac3 codecs, you can grab them from minix firmware - I'm pretty sure they are just either .so files, most likely found in your libs folder.. You should be able to use VLC to test movies with ac3 to see if you have the correct codecs installed.

Comment

Has anyone tried the official lollipop RC release for the x8h plus? I've tried both the official and Finless' rom based on it and they are both infinitely outperformed by my x7 with wasser's rom. I don't mean to take away from the work that Finless has done, but he based his work on the official RC release and it is slow as molasses. I haven't bought a minix box since x7(I got this x8h plus for free) simply because of the terrible software support by minix. Anyone know if installing the Probox2-ex firmware yields better results? Thanks

Comment

This post is about the none plus version 

Comment

Working...
                                X