SCISHION V88 Mars II Smart RK3229 2/8GB WiFi, Fast Lan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SCISHION V88 Mars II Smart RK3229 2/8GB WiFi, Fast Lan

Click image for larger version  Name:	v88.png Views:	1 Size:	84.7 KB ID:	657651

Specification
    Brand: scishion
    Model: V88 Mars II
    Type: TV Box
    System: Android 6.0
    Processor: RK3229
    CPU: ARM Cortex-A7
    Core: Quad Core
    GPU: Mali-400
    RAM: 2G RAM
    RAM Type: DDR3
    ROM: 8G ROM
    Max. Extended Capacity: 32G
    Decoder Format: H.264,H.265
    Video format: 4K,AVI,DAT,H.264,H.265,MKV,MP4,RM,VC-1,VP8,VP9,WMV
    Audio format: AAC,FLAC,MP3,OGG,RM,WMA
    Photo Format: JPEG,JPG,PNG
    Support 5.1 Surround Sound Output: No
    Power Supply: Charge Adapter
    Language: English,Multi-language
    DVD Support: No
    HDMI Version: 2.0
    External Subtitle Supported: Yes
    HDMI Function: CEC
    Power Consumption.: 5V 2A
    RJ45 Port Speed: 100M
    System Bit: 32Bit
    WiFi Chip: 6051P
    Power Type: External Power Adapter Mode
    Product weight: 0.0750 kg
    Package weight: 0.3450 kg
    Product size (L x W x H): 9.20 x 9.20 x 1.70 cm / 3.62 x 3.62 x 0.67 inches
    Package size (L x W x H): 17.50 x 13.50 x 6.40 cm / 6.89 x 5.31 x 2.52 inches
    Package Contents: 1 x TV Box, 1 x Power Adapter, 1 x HDMI Cable, 1 x English User Manual
    Last edited by trebor; 07-23-2017, 22:33.
    treboR
    Please consider
    Donating to Freaktab

Today we can have a look at the Scishion V88 Mars II
    RK3229 2/8GB 2.4GHZ Wifi Fast Lan.
    Simple Basic unit 2Gb should be enough to keep it happy
    Small Unit 92 x 92CM

The Box
    What's in the Box

Ports

PCB Top and Bottom View, Heatsink on good and tight

Casing

Last edited by trebor; 07-22-2017, 06:42.
    treboR
    Please consider
    Donating to Freaktab

Comment

Now lets have a look see at the UI and some tests
      As this is a low powered Unit not point with 3d Benchmarks as it wont cut it.

Plug in Switch on Ok...connect Google etc all ok, no funny business

Soon as I started to load up Google it was struggling a little, as slow
      By the time I added all the apps for testing it was a struggle but did make it thru.

The V88 Mars II has Root with SU, a couple of launchers to select Basic type
      Due to Set up Youtube 720

Couple of Launchers to select from

No Drm

Ram and Storage Truth

CPU-Z, somthing giving the CPU a bit of Stick

WiFi about 2mtrs from Router

Ethernet ok

Vellamo

Every Startup it would take a minute to settle down lots going on

More Details > http://browser.geekbench.com/v4/cpu/3475486

This would be a good reason for its sluggish start and overall performance, Not Good Speeds at all

Firware was upto date

Also did a test on Netflix they have installed an older one, it will ask to update, advise not to if you want to keep on playing Netflix played Ok watchable, Youtube only 720 due to the way RK setup..

It is a Pity about the poor Ram performance/speed and can get a a bit sluggish

A custom Rom and a clean out would improve the performance, will stream most things,
      just watch out for cache and Junk filling up the limited space it has and the slow ram will not Help.

Remote was OK the Deluxe model of the same old type you may note extra writing above on some of the buttons.
      It did not crash or fall over and kept on going.

Thanks Gearbest
      Last edited by trebor; 07-23-2017, 22:34.
      treboR
      Please consider
      Donating to Freaktab

Comment

So nothing new to bring to the RK3229 table then, save for it being smaller.

I think that it's fair to say that the Scishion name doesn't exactly inspire confidence based on some issues with recent models and I do wish they would be a little more imaginative with the name.

The V88 moniker used for different boxes with different SOC's has has already generated so many questions about which is which during the products life.

R-TV BOX S10, Beebox N3150, Chuwi Hibox, Nvidia Shield, A95X Max

Comment

Nothing new it does work,
          Did not crash and burn so that is a bonus.

Ram Speed is not good, and is not helping the cause.

It has a Kodi 16.1 it was not good...I put on FTMC...it helped a lot but the box could not cut it 100%...Pity but it happens

Do social games and simple things OK, if you can get it for $20 or under...abouts its worth or less.
          In its current state.
          treboR
          Please consider
          Donating to Freaktab

Comment

Here's the initial firmware it came with if anyone needs it https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B85...JoQTdxOXM/view / https://cloud.mail.ru/public/CvCy/jdUGCjBGP

Comment

Here's newer dated firmware 9/26/2017 https://yadi.sk/d/qImbB4XA3P5s8k

Comment

Originally posted by anthony96 View Post
                How to install ,can I do it with stock recovery ? Im stuck in bootloop

Comment

Not for img files, you will need to use a male to male type a cable and use rk batchtool. http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-...ckchip-devices

Comment

Hi guys,me again. I need help. After flashing i stuck with red light and no boot. I guess i need doing short circuit thing but not sure wich pins is corect.Here is pic of board and nand
                    You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Highlighted the pins, see picture attached.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Hi there, I bought this TV box and when I tried ti install some apps it says there is nit enough memory. I went to setting to check storage and there is only 643 MB of storage?! Anyone have idea what could I do? Can I integrate SD card as an internal storage? I can't see how to install apps on SD memory...

Comment

• mo123
                          mo123 commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Try to root and uninstall all the bundles apps and Kodi/RKMC if it's installed.

I already did that, device is prerooted and I uninstalled all apps but only what I got was little more free space. Problem is that total storage is 643 MB. In my opinion only solution is to install apps on SD card or merge SD card memory as internal memory but I don't see that option in settings. Is there any way to do this? I will try to short pins maybe that help...

Comment

I just bought one of these from Gearbest.com, and I'm quite happy with it. It's my first Android TV box, so I had no big expectations. I've loaded Kodi 17.6, Mobdro and Movie HD Lite, and replaced the launcher. Everything works just fine. For less than $25, it's hard to beat!

Comment

Hi, i'm buy this box but after two days the device is blocked on first screen "android". Help me please

Comment

Working...
                            X