m8s blue light on but no signal at all

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

m8s blue light on but no signal at all

hi there, i have an m8s which i tried updating to 5.1.1 lollipop. clearly i must've used the wrong file because now it just does nothing. i still have the blue light come on but no matter what tv i plug it into or what hdmi i use i'm getting nowhere. it will not even connect to my pc so i can use the usb burning tool to try recovery. any idea how i can breathe a bit of life back into this old girl or is she dead as a dodo?
    thanks in advance

Hello @bobfrapples08,

Welcome to Freaktab.
    To bring your M8S back to the life you need the PC with USB Burning Tool and a USB A to A Cable.
    Also a proper Firmware for it. But first thing first.

USB Burning Tool:

Firmware:

How-To:

That´s all you need.

Neomode

Comment

Thanks for the welcome
      I have tried the usb burning tool method with the a to a cable but the usb tool just doesnt recognise the box. i've succesfully recovered mxq's in the past using this method but for some reason with this the lights are on but nobodys home.

Comment

Neomode,, I have `the same issue and have followed your instructions. M8S with blue light and no HDMI signal. I am able to connect to device with A to A cable using the USB burning tool. I am also able to burn the image you provided 100% successfully. I disconnect the device from USB, I insert the power and it does not boot up. I have two devices doing the exact same which has me concerned that I may be doing something wrong despite the successful burn. Can you help ?

Comment

Working...
        X