Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Scishion V88 Plus Working Firmware

Hello guys,

I come to you with my hands in my hair!!! I have tried countless roms to work on my V88 Plus as per : http://www.gearbest.com/tv-box-mini-pc/pp_484216.htmlh

I have downloaded so many roms but they keep giving an error as per the attached.

I have the following rom that works but it keeps getting stuck in bootloop should power be removed: rk3229_6.0_box_MX4V_RTL8723CS_RTL8703BS_SpecTek_fl ash-update_20170502.img

Does anyone know of a rom that works on the V88 Plus and doesn't get stuck in bootloop?
    You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.

Can you open up the box and take a picture for the board please? This will help with finding the correct firmware.

Comment

Here it is

Sent from my EVA-L19 using Tapatalk

Comment

Can you zoom in into the right side of the board?, specifically where the little crab figure shows. I think it's rtl8723 like my board.

Comment

Hi, I can't focus the zoom but yes it is rtl8723cs

Comment

Also, on the android tool, do you choose upgrade or switch?

Comment

That firmware your using is the correct one, In Android tool you must erase first then upgrade firmware. If that firmware still failing try this slightly newer firmware https://mega.nz/#!j19WEDTA!XSCGw-El8...wBQX5-rzOPN8s4

Comment

But why does it keep getting stuck in boot loop?

Comment

Well if your not erasing flash it's probably conflicting with previous /data partition. Always best to erase before flashing. Your supposed to briefly see recovery screen erasing all these partitions before it shows the Android splash screen.

Comment

But I am flashing it using the android tool on pc so I don't see the android screen first. It isn't plugged into HDMI

Comment

When the light goes from red to blue unplug the USB cable and plug it in with the usual power cord and hdmi you should see the recovery screen erasing the partitions and then it should show the Android splash screen for about 7-10 minutes. This box has slower nand memory so takes awhile the first time it boots.

Comment

Originally posted by anthony96
                        When the light goes from red to blue unplug the USB cable and plug it in with the usual power cord and hdmi you should see the recovery screen erasing the partitions and then it should show the Android splash screen for about 7-10 minutes. This box has slower nand memory so takes awhile the first time it boots.
                        It will power off then correct? I read on another forum that you need to go into apps and change the default voice assist app to none to stop the bootloop.. They said that this needs to be done on the first boot.

Comment

When the flashing in complete (after the firmware check goes to %100) it will restart the box (blue led) unplug the USB cable when that happens. I'm not aware of that voice assist problem, the latest firmware is pretty stable on this box.

Comment

Well I re flashed this afternoon so let's see how long it lasts until it bootloop again then I will try the new image and use exactly the way you said.

Comment

Originally posted by anthony96 View Post
                              That firmware your using is the correct one, In Android tool you must erase first then upgrade firmware. If that firmware still failing try this slightly newer firmware https://mega.nz/#!j19WEDTA!XSCGw-El8...wBQX5-rzOPN8s4
                              I used this tonight and it works great. Thank you. Amazing how poor wifi is on this box. 100mb ethernet and 3mb wifi. But keeping it wired and with android 6 it will do as a spare box. Your efforts are appreciated.

Comment

Working...
                              X