No announcement yet.

X5----Cheap Z8350 Mini PC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bump for anything, I feel like anything I throw at this box never works, crazy how a product can be mass produced, mass purchaced and have next to zero support. For the 4 different companys that slap their name on these boxes, none of them seem to care about anything after the sale, a box of rocks would have been just as useful and it wouldn't have wasted days of troubleshooting, countless gigs worth of bogus files that never work, 2 corrupt usb drives, countless signups on sketchy forums and download sites just to get a working product, and it still doesn't work.

If anyone with skill could a Make A Windows 10/ Remix OS Image that would work on This box Would Be a lifesaver To A Bunch Of People
    Last edited by Skywalker311; 01-02-2018, 16:41.

Comment

AZW I bought one of these on BG, but Android stopped booting, stuck at displaying the Intel logo. (Windows still boots fine)

Can you provide instructions on how to reinstall Android? Thx.

Comment

Originally posted by saulart View Post
        I have installed the Windows 10 uploaded by AZW. But now Windows is not activated. How activate the Windows?
        Have you solved this problem?

AZW shared link to Windows 10 Home. I have on my X5 Windows 10 Pro. It's easy to get product key (for example https://www.nirsoft.net/utils/produc...ey_viewer.html) but does PRO key fit HOME license?

Comment

Originally posted by filnirv View Post

Really simple. Delete the android partition inside windows (use disk manager) and expand your windows partition.
          google "shrink, delete, expand partition inside windows)
          Great - which Android partition? There are like 10 partitions on X5. Have you tried this?

Comment

Originally posted by worm.nimda View Post

Have you solved this problem?

AZW shared link to Windows 10 Home. I have on my X5 Windows 10 Pro. It's easy to get product key (for example https://www.nirsoft.net/utils/produc...ey_viewer.html) but does PRO key fit HOME license?
            I clicked change product key and it activated automatically.

Comment

O! Great news! Thanks!

Comment

I have Win 10 Pro right now. I've just put Windows key from original X5 installation of Windows 10 Pro.
                And W10 Home have been upgrated to Pro.

Comment

Originally posted by AZW View Post

yes, we can, but usually it takes two days for uploading...
                  We are still waiting to download the original image with Windows 10 / Android

Comment

Still waiting as well....

Comment

hello

can we hope for a bios for win10 boot only and restore ac on power loss ?
                      I bought an X5 but as Win10 is unusable because of ridiculous internal storage i would like to use it with Win10 only and if possible make it a future linux server.

Comment

We can hope all day long, but dont hold your breath, the makers/sellers of this box are as helpful as a pet rock and offer next to zero support. I will piss myself if my X5 box ever works.

Comment

We are still waiting to download the original image with Windows 10 / Android

Comment

• trebor
                            trebor commented
                            Editing a comment
                            They are on Holidays now for two week
                            May take a little bit Longer...

Of course they are holiday, I would would be willing to bet we never get the image, it's been months already, and if it takes this much persistence and no response, I think our only hope is for fellow members to help get the image. At this point I cant get android or win to boot, ever. How about Remix OS, is anyone successfully running it?

Comment

AZW is on a 3 month vacation looks like. Would be nice to have them upload the simple file that have all been asking for.

Comment

Originally posted by Skywalker311 View Post
                            AZW is on a 3 month vacation looks like. Would be nice to have them upload the simple file that have all been asking for.
                            I have installed Android-x86 7.1-r1 release on USB flash drive. You need 2 USB flash drive, one for installation and one for boot.
                            I find out a sound issue resolved in the following thread:

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!ms...um/android-x86

For Windows 10, 32 GB is the min size to run without issue.

Ubuntu works great but no sound from HDMI and no Bluetooth.

Comment

Working...
                            X