Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Detailed installation instructions for H96Pro Plus custom ROM (with most steps applicable to any S912 ROM.)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TheBloke View Post
    The following guide is for installation of superceleron 's H96 ProPlus SCV3 firmware.

Step 2 : Required software:[LIST=1][*]Amlogic Burn CardMaker 2.0.2[*]WinRar or 7Zip or some other software that can open RAR archives[*]The SCV2 ROM from the first post of this thread[*]The SCV3 update ROM from the first post of this thread
    Instructions in are not correct. Links for the firmware (zip files) refer to SCV4 not SCV2/SCV3.

Please amend accordingly. Thanks

Comment

TheBloke's last activity was in August, so I think only moderators could do something.
      ALFAWISE H96 Pro+ 3/32 (S32-V6) | 7.1.2 | SCV7A | OC kernel | TWRP 3.1.1-0 | 64GB

Comment

Here I am here. I haven't played with my H96 for a few months.

I just scanned the ROM thread again, and looks like you now just need to install straight to SCV4 and then apply SCV7A OTA? So where I said:

That should read:

I don't have time to re-flash my H96 right now. But if someone confirms for me that the above is clorrect, I will edit the OP.

Or yeah, if a moderator wants to take it over, that's cool with me

Comment

If You mean Normal Android than it's correct. Coz there is ATV one too and than it is:You could try to "mix" it - one guide for both Roms.
          ALFAWISE H96 Pro+ 3/32 (S32-V6) | 7.1.2 | SCV7A | OC kernel | TWRP 3.1.1-0 | 64GB

Comment

OK thanks. I updated the guide for SCV4 and SCV7A, and added a note indicating the guide has only been tested up to SCV3. I also added a link to the ATV ROM, with a note that the same method should work but that I have never used it for an ATV ROM.

If anyone lets me know of any glaring errors, I am happy to edit them in.

Please @mention me so I definitely see it.

I will probably be coming back to my H96 sometime in the coming weeks, and at that time I will spend more time upgrading the guide if necessary, including for ATV

Comment

By the way if a moderator is around, I wanted to edit the topic to remove the mention of specific versions, but I'm not able to change it.

I'd suggest changing it to:

Detailed installation instructions for superceleron's H96 ProPlus custom ROM (with most steps applicable to any S912 ROM.)

Comment

• trebor
                trebor commented
                Editing a comment
                Done
                No worries

Thanks

Comment

I've got the AlfaWise H96 PRO+ 3/16Gb - 3/32Gb GREEN PCB and used the method described to install the SCV1-ATV-A7.1.2-x64-Alfawise .H96.ProPlus image, after the ugrade bar finished the device seem to reset and never got signal anymore.

I've tried the process again but can't get a signal on the TV unfortunatly, when connecting the device with usb to my the usb burning tool does not see it either when connecting with reset button pushed (or without)

Also tried to burn official firmware and load with the sd card but no luck.

Any other options or should i consider it lost?

Comment

Originally posted by phywire View Post
                  I've got the AlfaWise H96 PRO+ 3/16Gb - 3/32Gb GREEN PCB and used the method described to install the SCV1-ATV-A7.1.2-x64-Alfawise .H96.ProPlus image, after the ugrade bar finished the device seem to reset and never got signal anymore.

I've tried the process again but can't get a signal on the TV unfortunatly, when connecting the device with usb to my the usb burning tool does not see it either when connecting with reset button pushed (or without)

You might try TWRP backup/recovery and then SCV4 then SCV7 OTA. If you've issues with the USB burning tool you could try the SD card burner tool as an alternative.

Comment

It may be coz Your variant of H96 Pro Plus is not supported? That it is 3/16, 3/32 or 3/64 doesn't mean tat it will work. It works with most of H96 Pro Plus, but not all of them.
                    Than You may hard bricked Your Box and only fix is shorting memory's pins and reflashing the Box.and only

Comment

Originally posted by phywire View Post

Sounds just like mine - check here for what I did - http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-...555#post716555

Comment

Hi. I have problem with instalation GREEN PCB SCV4 IMG 7.1.2.
                        When i hold reset button and then put in power suplly, only for 1 second apear "Upgrading" on screen ,and then signal to TV is lost.
                        What is wrong.

Comment

Samm
                          Try different SDcard or use USB method.

Comment

感谢楼主分享,谢谢讲解!

Comment

HELP!

I don't get the "upgrading" logo or screen after I do a hard reset. All I see is the usual Android screen eg. Boot to Bootloader, Wipe Cache, etc.

I think I need the OEM stock ROM because installing either green or blue .img files won't load even after selecting to install from .EXT. I get package not found. My OEM version is Amlogic/q201_9377/q201_9377 7.1.2/NHG47L/20170830
                              Last edited by Noobi90210; 10-09-2018, 02:44.

Comment

Working...
                              X