Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[ROM] AlfaWise H96 PRO+ 3/16Gb - 3/32Gb - 3/64Gb - SCV4A-ATV 7.1.2 (DDR3/DDR4 - ANDROIDTV VERSION)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by superceleron View Post
    Wait... what is this?!? Android 8 ATV in a s912?!?! cant be... nooo... cant be...
    No dont ask.. it is in WIP stage...

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20180921_233102.jpg
Views:	1028
Size:	83.8 KB
ID:	745848

Name:	IMG_20180921_232755.jpg
Views:	1057
Size:	121.7 KB
ID:	745851

Name:	IMG_20180921_232816.jpg
Views:	1049
Size:	135.9 KB
ID:	745850Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20180921_232839.jpg
Views:	1032
Size:	115.1 KB
ID:	745849Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20180921_232955.jpg
Views:	997
Size:	116.7 KB
ID:	745852
    I figured it would get around being done. There are many devs that play with kernels, once a good kernel is done, most of the base firmware is already done, maybe a recompile of source libs to make ARM8a 64 system up and running.

The only drawback with 8.0 for me, is that I figured out how to make 7.1.2 work perfectly for my needs, along with all the xposed modules I use. I have a funny feeling 8.0 won't play well with my older modules. As I am barely able to use them on 7.1.2, with some selective hand picking of early versions.

Comment

well it took me 2 days to get it done to this stage... i need to stop now so i can focus on my paid work again :/

Comment

well it took me 2 days to get it done to this stage... i need to stop now so i can focus on my paid work again :/
        Looks like the wheels are turning!

Comment

Are you Thinking in a public release for the working build or... ? I know that 8.0 is going to be a pain because google was a bit sloppy on the source code, many issues with released builds for 8.0 for other devices, 8.1 has already some fixes implemented maybe worth's looking at, any way, has you know xioami and nvidia had many problems with 8.0 so 8.1 builds are on the make from their side, we'll see, any way thanks for sharing your news, they're great...

Comment

well not this build since i cant rls it, is private source...(you see i removed in about picture kernel names... build server i use for work...) and im not going to do their work... when they rls the a stock android 8 rom i will then make a android tv build for it.
            About 8.0... well actually mibox is working great with it... and yes it do have some problems, but not the end of the world... since are workable problems, but the main problem is s912 implementation from amlogic that is... a mess... mainly because of kernel instability ( lots of kernel panics... )

Comment

well not this build since i cant rls it, is private source...(you see i removed in about picture kernel names... build server i use for work...) and im not going to do their work... when they rls the a stock android 8 rom i will then make a android tv build for it.
              About 8.0... well actually mibox is working great with it... and yes it do have some problems, but not the end of the world... since are workable problems, but the main problem is s912 implementation from amlogic that is... a mess... mainly because of kernel instability ( lots of kernel panics... )
              Hi superceleron

Thanks for your support with this ATV firmware.

How is the state of the amlogic kernel?
              Are there still problems with the hw codec? (e.g. some videos are pixelated blocky, ac3 sound is problematic for hw rendering in some application(e.g. Plex))
              blocky playback: it is interesting that Kodi (16) with amcodec doesn't have this pixelation issue.

There is an other custom atv rom I've found which could be compatible with H96Pro+

Is it possible to run a firmware from an USB drive (for testing). Like you can run a Windows 10 from an USB drive.

Comment

Do you intend to update our H96 Pro Plus with Oreo ATV? When do you think you share ATV Oreo

Comment

Originally posted by Lacix View Post

Hi superceleron

Thanks for your support with this ATV firmware.

How is the state of the amlogic kernel?
                  Are there still problems with the hw codec? (e.g. some videos are pixelated blocky, ac3 sound is problematic for hw rendering in some application(e.g. Plex))
                  blocky playback: it is interesting that Kodi (16) with amcodec doesn't have this pixelation issue.

There is an other custom atv rom I've found which could be compatible with H96Pro+

Is it possible to run a firmware from an USB drive (for testing). Like you can run a Windows 10 from an USB drive.
                  Well kernel on what android? if its android 7, pretty good since is a already old kernel....
                  About kodi 16 and playback, that is because that kodi 16 used amcodec and that was removed in kodi 17....(you need to ask them why)
                  That rom dunno i dont know, i never use other ppls roms, only my owns or stock...

Originally posted by Morgan5000 View Post

Do you intend to update our H96 Pro Plus with Oreo ATV? When do you think you share ATV Oreo
                  Well i do when they make a stock android 8 rom... im not going to do for them!
                  But dont get you hopes up for more than A8.0.. because looks like Android 8.0 it will be the last for s905x and s912 chips....

Comment

[QUOTE=superceleron;n746996]

Well kernel on what android? if its android 7, pretty good since is a already old kernel....
                    /QUOTE]
                    I mean is it the kernel in Android 8 fixed regarding the hw codec? Or the same problems occur?

Comment

Hi SuperCeleron, I was having issues with one of my H96 boxes so I backed up a working one and restored it to the one which wasn't working properly.
                      The issue I'm now facing is that they now have the same wireless mac address, however the box is working much better. How can I change the MAC address back please?
                      I've not rooted the ROM.
                      I've managed to change the Bluetooth address without an issue so it is simply the Wireless.
                      I can find the wireless mac address (once booted) in /sys/class/net/wlan0/address but can't replace that without rooting and it's not there if I reboot into recovery.

Thank you,
                      Last edited by Akirainblack; 10-10-2018, 13:35.

Comment

[QUOTE=Lacix;n747010]

/QUOTE]
                        I mean is it the kernel in Android 8 fixed regarding the hw codec? Or the same problems occur?
                        well in 8.0...is ok but still not 100%
                        Really fixed only in 8.1.

Comment

Originally posted by dangchui View Post
                          THanks CELERON if you can update this ROM to take unrooted completly for resolve prb MY CANAL in france

on MECOOL M8S PRO is ok to deleted files super su in different directory

but with ALFAWISE H96 PRO is not ok
                          Tu as quelle version de la h96?

Comment

Talk in English guys. This is an international forum.
                            Francius

Comment

Can somebody please kindly tell me which ROM from the first post will work in my H96 Pro Plus 3/32gb, please see the pics of my Box,
                              Thanks in Advance
                              You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 3 photos.

Comment

Originally posted by tiku View Post
                                Can somebody please kindly tell me which ROM from the first post will work in my H96 Pro Plus 3/32gb, please see the pics of my Box,
                                Thanks in Advance
                                Blue motherboard = scv1 blue pcb = ok for you
                                green motherboard = scv1 Green pcb = not for your pcb

Update scv4a Work with blue and Green version.

​​​​

Comment

Working...
                                X