Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AZW View Post

AZW please help me.
    I have problem with "Ghost key presses", and problem with remote control!

At any time, there is a spontaneous click on the "return" button.
    This is one of the problems.
    The second problem is the poor working of the remote control.
    Immediately after the loading of the box, the console works well, but after a while the box ceases to obey.
    After that, the remote control can stop working at all.
    The batteries are brand new.
    A reboot is required to start working again.
    And for the last time, there was a message: The problem with the AOSP keyboard.

Comment

Originally posted by Rjbweb View Post

Exactly my problem. Box stuck on please wait after installing superuser.
      please help!
      Please have a look at the other topic (see link).
      I've posted a solution there to get access to the box.
      The main problem is that the reset button doesn't seem to be working and thus you're unable to set the box into bootloader and/or recovery mode.
      Luckily the manufacturer left us a 'back door'.
      AZW W95 box with the lastest Amlogic S905W chipset will be released soon, now let's know it first. CPU: S905W ROM: 1G/2G RAM: 8G/16G OS: Android 7.1

Comment

Originally posted by xvink View Post

Please have a look at the other topic (see link).
        I've posted a solution there to get access to the box.
        The main problem is that the reset button doesn't seem to be working and thus you're unable to set the box into bootloader and/or recovery mode.
        Luckily the manufacturer left us a 'back door'.
        This is madness, are you telling me that it is required to open up the box in any way to get to recovery mode or some sort of download mode?
        the box is one day old ....!
        Just can believe it.

Comment

This is madness, are you telling me that it is required to open up the box in any way to get to recovery mode or some sort of download mode?
          Just can believe it.
          Hello guy.
          For the same problem.
          I made a USB cable - Male-Male.
          I used the instruction from this link: http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-...583#post678583
          But it did not work on my working PC.
          Then I tried to do the same thing with a laptop, and everything was done the first time.
          To reflash, you do not need to get into the recovery.
          i use "USB burning tool", Male-Male cable, Notebook with Win7.

Frozy82 says:
          " USB key or SDcard solutions not worked"
          "ok... try this
          run usb burning tool
          file - import image
          click START..wait 2-3 sec.
          and connect TV BOX to USB "
          You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 2 photos.

Comment

Mate, you can buy a usb a to a cable for a couple of dollars in ****, however it seems too much bother for my liking there has to be an easier way. Why do you have pictures of your box motherboard out of the box? What are you trying to demonstrate with it? That it is required to short the board or chip like in some old phones?
            thanks

Comment

Mate, you can buy a usb a to a cable for a couple of dollars in ****, however it seems too much bother for my liking there has to be an easier way. Why do you have pictures of your box motherboard out of the box? What are you trying to demonstrate with it? That it is required to short the board or chip like in some old phones?
              thanks
              For me the regular way did NOT work.
              The USB Burning tool did say it connected but after that it failed (and failed, and failed....)
              Only after putting the board into USB update mode the way I described in my post I could update the firmware (with the USB cable and USB Burning tool).
              I fully agree that this should not be necessary and should only be attempted when all other options have failed.

Comment

Just can believe it.
                Only if everything else has failed.
                First try to use the USB Burning tool to flash the box back to factory settings.
                If the USB Burning tool says it connected but it fails to update, then it's probably not in update mode.
                My box does have a reset button, which you should hold when powering up to put it in update mode, but it does absolutely NOTHING.
                The only option left was to throw away a brand new TV box and buy a new one, or to pick up the soldering iron and do some tinkering

@scooter2014:
                As I can't find a way to post a comment (how do you do that?), I'll edit my posting.
                I think the main problem with MY box is that the reset button doesn't work.
                Without the reset button there is no way of getting the box into USB update mode and it was totally stuck after installing supersu on the 'Please wait' screen (I did that; didn't work)
                Using the serial connection on the board I could reboot it into bootloader mode and select the usb update mode.
                Once in usb update mode I was able to update it the regular way with a male-male usb cable and the USB Burning tool.
                The box is now working fine, but I left the serial connection soldered on just in case.
                Last edited by xvink; 11-13-2017, 19:24. Reason: don't know where to add a comment...

Comment

• scooter2014
                  scooter2014 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  What did you try to get the box into this state. Most of these are hard to totally brick. Maybe if we understand that can help you. I find flashing the box stock firmware normally the best route. Then test all the ports to make sure you using right one for flash tool. Then make sure world cup latest drivers installed. Open the burn tool load the stock firmware press start. Then press reset switch and plug in is. Release soon as it starts. Post error if you get any.

thanks
                disassembly is not mandatory,
                Only at that moment I had a lid removed. It's all.
                You pay attention to those details that are irrelevant.

Comment

Originally posted by Ancifero View Post

Hello guy.
                  For the same problem.
                  I made a USB cable - Male-Male.
                  I used the instruction from this link: http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-...583#post678583
                  But it did not work on my working PC.
                  Then I tried to do the same thing with a laptop, and everything was done the first time.
                  To reflash, you do not need to get into the recovery.
                  i use "USB burning tool", Male-Male cable, Notebook with Win7.

Frozy82 says:
                  " USB key or SDcard solutions not worked"
                  "ok... try this
                  run usb burning tool
                  file - import image
                  click START..wait 2-3 sec.
                  and connect TV BOX to USB "
                  Took two old USB-cables and wired the rights colors to eachother and put some silvertape on. My other USB-cable didnt work ยด... But then everything worked smooth. Reset the device with the usb flash tool. Will not install anything that have to do with root stuff tho (like supersu). This is a very serious problem and SHOULD BE STATED ANYWHERE: "Dont donwload supersu you will brick your tv-box...." Anyway it works now, hopefully there will come some updates and stability updates for it. Otherwise I will be sticking to Xiaomi next time I buy electronics from the internet. NEVER had a single problem with them. But I am sure the devs are working on this. Best of luck

Comment

I purchased an usb A to A from **** and flashed the box. Brand new again. Let's hope they update SuperUser so that we can use it soon, miss some of my usual apps list adaway.org. thanks all for your help.

Comment

Hello,

Any news about a TWRP (or CWM) recovery for our brave w95 box ?

It would be great !

Comment

Hi people! I have a problem after updating the binary file via Supersu. The box does not load when I try to flash through the USB Burning Tool, I get the error of erasing the bootloader. Help what to do?
                        You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

please try one more time.

Comment

How i can turn off sleep mode?
                            maximum time to shutdown is 30 minutes.
                            I want to turn off sleep mode completely.

Comment

Originally posted by Ancifero View Post
                              How i can turn off sleep mode?
                              maximum time to shutdown is 30 minutes.
                              I want to turn off sleep mode completely.
                              currently, sleep mode couldn't be turned off, we are going to release new IMG to fix this problem, hope soon.

Comment

Working...
                              X