New rom leolas-rom-QX1-1.1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New rom leolas-rom-QX1-1.1

Today I returned home for some hours, so I made a new custom for the QX1 with the bugs reported solved.

What have this rom?

-Storage size for apps Increased to 2Gb.
    -Custom kernel with frame skipping issue solved.
    -De-bloated.
    -Rooted with SuperSU and the last busybox installed.
    -Init.d Support.
    -After the first boot, it will install cwm recovery automatically. So you can make nandroid backups and install future updates, kernels or other roms in this easy way. This rom will be upgraded by cwm, so no need to connect to PC the stick to upgrade to future versions, I will make cwm flashable files for Bob Finless roms too, so when he release his rom you will can install it by cwm too.
    -Some tweaks.
    -More things that I cant remember

How to install it?

There is 2 ways:
    1.If you have my previous rom installed:
    You have cwm installed, so only download this zip:http://cloud.freak-tab.de/public.php...735d4b9a1ca0f8
    -Use the reboot app to enter cwm recovery.
    -Make a backup of your current rom. (make a backup before flash a update is allways a good idea, but you can omit this step)
    -Select wipe cache partition.
    -Select advanced and then wipe dalvick cache
    -Select install zip from sdcard.
    -Select choose zip from sdcard or Select choose zip from external sd (if you have the zip in the external sdcard)
    -Navigate to the folder where you download the zip.
    -Install it. The process will last some minutes, so please be patient and donĀ“t turn off the stick until the upgrade is complete.
    -Using this way you will preserve your apps installed and your settings (If you feel the system launch FC or something dont work in a right way, then you must go to cwm recovery again and select wipe data/factory reset and you will lose your apps and settings installed, but usually erase data is not necessary)
    Download the file:http://cloud.freak-tab.de/public.php...1f3160e782e7a5
    You need a windows machine.
    -Power off the stick completely.
    -Press the reset button and while is pressed connect the microusb to the OTG port, dont release the reset button until windows detect your stick.
    -Install the proper driver for your OS if you dont have them installed yet. You can obtain them from:http://cloud.freak-tab.de/public.php...fb85f0987122db
    -Open RKAndroidTool.exe.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Captura2.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	120.7 KB
ID:	438536

-Follow the steps in the picture. Be sure that you are in loader mode: Found RKAndroid Loader Rock Usb.
    1.-Select the files to be flashed the are in the folder leolas-rom-QX1.
    2.-Select the squares in the left like in the screenshoot.
    3.-Click Erase IDB.
    4.-Click Run.

When the process finalize, dont unplug the stick yet, wait 5 minutes, the device will reboot in the stock recovery and install the cwm recovery. Very important to wait some minutes, if not the device will not work properly, and bootloops or blank screen can happend.

Well that is all. Enjoy the rom, and please give me feedback.

Thanks to Bob Finless, 900supersport, and all the staff here, they teach me all I know about make roms.
    Thanks to fun_ for the cwm recovery, I only modded his work and added a kernel inside so we can flash kernels safe from cwm.
    Thanks to phjanderson and sam321 for share his code to overclock snd fix video skipping issue.
    Thanks to Petrus for the reboot.apk.

EDIT: The power button works like in the minix X7 rom, if you make a shot click on it, the stick will suspend, if you make a long click on it a menu appears to reboot, suspend or power off the stick.
    You can use too Petrus REBOOT.apk to manage shutdown or reboot the device.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by leolas; 08-16-2013, 21:19.
    REMEMBER, YOUR FEEDBACK IS VERY IMPORTANT TO US.
    My devices:
    Minix Neo X7; Minix Neo X8-H , Minix Neo Z64W & Z64 (Sponsored by Minix)
    MK902 & MK902II(Sponsored by RKM)
    Beelink M8B & Beelink R89 (Sponsored by Beelink)
    Tronsmart VEGA S89H (Sponsored by
    Gearbest.com)
    MELE-PCG03 (Sponsored by Gearbest.com) Discount Coupon:MPCG03
    Ainol Intel Z3735 MiniPC(Sponsored by Gearbest.com)
    Thanks to them I can try to support your devices http://freaktab.com/core/images/smilies/wink.png

For Use in this rom (or whatever other rom). I made some kernels with the frame skipping issue solved. They are the same that I provided with my 1.0 version of the rom. But now I decided to make cwm flashable zips for an easy installation.
    Here is the link:http://cloud.freak-tab.de/public.php...2d1e3680222bed

Inside you have 2 folders, one with the kernels in img format so they can be flashed in any rom using the pc and a flash program, and the other one with the cwm flashable zips, you only need to select the kernel you want 1080p, overclocked or not, and flash them from cwm.

The kernel included are:
    - 720p-basic.img kernel with frame skipping fix,720p and at stock speed.
    - 1080p-basic.img kernel with frame skiping fix, 1080p and stock clock speed.
    - 720p-cpu1800ram1300.img&1080p -cpu1800ram1300.img kernel with frame skipping fix, cpu oc 1800 and ram oc 1300, it is a little overclocked, in my test they are safe and stable.
    - 720p-cpu1896ram1500gpu798.img&1080p-cpu1896ram1500gpu798.img this kernels have a moderate overclock, I test them and works very well for me, but no all devices can overclock the same. I suggest improved heat dissipation to use this kernel.
    Of course, if any developer want to use this kernels in any custom rom for our QX1, they can do it..
    My devices:
    Gearbest.com)
    Thanks to them I can try to support your devices http://freaktab.com/core/images/smilies/wink.png

Comment

Bug list.

-After soft reboot the stick wifi will not work until you power off the stick completely. Is a problem present in all the stock roms, and in every rom for this devices, so no fix actually for it. Working on it.
      Last edited by leolas; 08-12-2013, 02:36.
      My devices:
      Gearbest.com)

Comment

Some tips:

Thanks to randymorristx for the clarification:

Originally posted by randymorristx View Post
        @damianos

This tutorial, is to help those flashing for the first time, using option number 2 in the OP. I feel there is confusion about where to click to browse to where the files have been extracted.

This post is going to seem redundant, I'm sure, to most, but it just might clarify what needs to be selected.

After you have followed instructions downloading and extracting the files, make sure you remembered where you extracted the files to, bring up the flash tool, and make sure the RKAndroid tool says "Found RKAndroid Loader Rock Usb". If it does not, you will have to hit the "Switch" button next to the EraseIDB button to put the stick into flash mode. Be sure to press EraseIDB, before you flash the rom for the first time. Once that is done, you need to look at the window where all the check boxes are. Across the top, you will see

|# |☐| address| name | path | ... |

At the moment, all you want to be concerned with, is the | ... | column.
        In the Loader row, click the blank space under the | ... | column, and browse to the leolas-rom-QX1 directory. The file we are looking for is Loader.bin. after you select the file and hit the Open button, you will see that the name is filled out for the loader in the | path | column. Repeat the process for boot, kernel, misc, parameter, system, and recovery. Once they have all been directed to the correct directory, go to the |☐| column, and make sure the first 7 boxes are checked. You do not need to check the backup box. Press the "Run" button, and be sure to watch the dialog box on the right, to know when the flash is over. Refer to OP for wait times after flashing. I hope this gives a little bit more detail to the flash process, and if I left out anything important, let me know.

Most of all, Enjoy this incredible AMP! (Android Mini PC) for those new to the lingo......

Some tips after install.
        -After the first boot, you will feel the rom lagged, it is normal, wait 3 or 4 minutes.
        -If you choose a 1080P kernel remember to go settings and choose in HDMI mode the proper resolution. I suggest to use 50Hz.
        -In Setting/developer options I suggest to use window animation scale to 0.5; transition animation scale to 0.5 and Animator duration scale to 0.5 It will give your device an extra smooth in the stick use.

leolas
        Last edited by leolas; 08-16-2013, 21:27.
        My devices:
        Gearbest.com)

Comment

Big thumbs-up on this one. Pretty stable. I still can't download some apps, like Speedtest (Ookla), but that is to expected with these devices until we can get a really good build.prop. Video is smooth as butter with the default kernel, and the install instructions were very helpful. I'm looking forward to updates. Very happy with this one.

The only app I felt I needed to install was simple reboot, so I had a proper shutdown. I don't mind having to unplug the stick to reconnect to wifi, but if I'm not going to use it for a while, a proper shutdown is a must. If I use the power button on screen, it just kills the video for a few seconds, and then comes back to where it was. I feel this will be corrected in a few updates.

Thanks again!!!!

Comment

Re: New rom leolas-rom-QX1-1.1

Originally posted by randymorristx View Post
            Big thumbs-up on this one. Pretty stable. I still can't download some apps, like Speedtest (Ookla), but that is to expected with these devices until we can get a really good build.prop. Video is smooth as butter with the default kernel, and the install instructions were very helpful. I'm looking forward to updates. Very happy with this one.

The only app I felt I needed to install was simple reboot, so I had a proper shutdown. I don't mind having to unplug the stick to reconnect to wifi, but if I'm not going to use it for a while, a proper shutdown is a must. If I use the power button on screen, it just kills the video for a few seconds, and then comes back to where it was. I feel this will be corrected in a few updates.

Thanks again!!!!
            Thanks for the feedback, and yes, I didn't install a play store fix, so some apps appear in market how not compatible, next update I will try to spoof the device like a galaxy S3 or S4 for more apps compatibility.
            The power button need a long click on it to make apears a menu with suspend, power off or reboot. If you make a short click the sticks enter in suspend.

leolas
            My devices:
            Gearbest.com)

Comment

Forget it i found it

Comment

Nice

Looking forward to try your new rom, the first one work like a charm. Keep up the good work!

Comment

Iam currently testing the Rom:

-Facebook works
                  - Input and Language OK

Not working:

-Put widgets on the Home Screen! Process hang's up always!
                  (I uninstalled Nova Lauchner then it works..)

-It often says Blank Internal Flash has unsupportet filesystem and SD CArd is not ready
                  Nand flash is not mounted, SD Card not prepared!
                  Last edited by moz2k13; 08-12-2013, 15:48.

Comment

Thanks!

Awesome work Leolas and everyone who helped. I cant wait to install this and try it out. I might make a video for this ROM on somecooltech if I have time. I mention that donations would be great.

Thanks again,
                    Rivers

Comment

Thanks to all for the feedback. If you find any bug or some suggestions for the next update only tell me. In next update I will try to add some extra drivers for cifs and nfs.

leolas
                      My devices:
                      Gearbest.com)

Comment

my research of retail common complaints on QX1 show complaints and problems are all solved now--am I right?

Originally posted by leolas View Post
                        Thanks to all for the feedback. If you find any bug or some suggestions for the next update only tell me. In next update I will try to add some extra drivers for cifs and nfs.

leolas
                        Hi All:

There is so much complaint and misinformation out there in retail buying land disparaging the QX1 that I have a hard time figuring out if the problems really exist or are just ignorant people. It appears all known issues have now been solved. Am I right? Are there any known big problems remaining with QX1 functionality after leolas latest ROM?

It sounds like the issues like Netflix, Ethernet dongle. frame skipping, 1080p problems, and bobs original list:
                        2) Implement the proper drivers to support generic web cameras and the MICs.
                        3) Implement the proper audio devices drivers and settings.
                        4) #2 & #3 should fix Skype but if not Skype needs to be fixed.
                        5) Please implement CIFS along with VPN support (tun.ko and md4.ko)

have all been fixed.

Thus, I think now, with Leolas, et al. trmendous work and Finless Bob's commitment to follow up with a finalized ROM all the KNOWN problems have been fixed and the QX-1 is currently the best of all the lot for movie viewing, skype etc. The other Android sticks will come along, but thanks to all here on the forum for working hard and pulling this out so quickly.

Comment

Well the main problem unresolved is at rebbot you will lose wifi snd need a complete shutdown to make it work again.
                          Netflix is fixed installing xposed framework.
                          Video frame skiping issue is solved with the custom kernels thanks to phjanderson.
                          Cifs implementation will be solved soon, I hope. Need to have some free time to work a little in the kernel. Same for camera and sound devices. Usb sound cards are supported by all my custom kernels. To implement cameras, I will try, but I don't have any camera, so I will need some help for it.

leolas
                          My devices:
                          Gearbest.com)

Comment

@Leo pls check my post. Thanks

Comment

Re: New rom leolas-rom-QX1-1.1

Originally posted by moz2k13 View Post
                              Iam currently testing the Rom:

-Facebook works
                              - Input and Language OK

Not working:

-Put widgets on the Home Screen! Process hang's up always!
                              (I uninstalled Nova Lauchner then it works..)

-It often says Blank Internal Flash has unsupportet filesystem and SD CArd is not ready
                              Nand flash is not mounted, SD Card not prepared!
                              The stock widgets can fail in other launchers. There are so many launchers. Use the launcher widgets if it has them.

Sdcard and internal nand isn't fail allways? Only some times? Did you make a full install or an upgraded? What is the filesystem of the external sdcard? About the internal nand I suggest you format it from cwm recovery. I tested the rom and I didn't notice this.
                              Have anyone this problems too?

leolas
                              My devices:
                              Gearbest.com)

Comment

Working...
                              X