MeLE A31 Quad Core Android 4.1.1 TV Box a1000g Sata dock

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MeLE A31 Quad Core Android 4.1.1 TV Box a1000g Sata dock

Cheapest I found was $114 shipped at deals prime, will post impressions once I get it.

The new model is called the Mele A1000G, and it features an Allwinner A31 ARM Cortex-A7 quad-core processor, PowerVR SGX544MP2 graphics, 2GB of RAM, and 16GB of storage. the Mele A1000G features a range of connectivity options and input and output ports, 3 x USB 2.0 port, 1 x SD card slot, 1 x Micro USB port.1 x LAN port, 1 x Audio port, 1 x Optical port. 1 x HDMI port, 1 x Charging port, 1 x 2.5" SATA Hard disk port. Comes with hdmi cord, remote control and power supply. youtube video review : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VyAKyteBptc

Originally posted by bloatman View Post
    Cheapest I found was $114 shipped at deals prime, will post impressions once I get it.

The new model is called the Mele A1000G, and it features an Allwinner A31 ARM Cortex-A7 quad-core processor, PowerVR SGX544MP2 graphics, 2GB of RAM, and 16GB of storage. the Mele A1000G features a range of connectivity options and input and output ports, 3 x USB 2.0 port, 1 x SD card slot, 1 x Micro USB port.1 x LAN port, 1 x Audio port, 1 x Optical port. 1 x HDMI port, 1 x Charging port, 1 x 2.5" SATA Hard disk port. Comes with hdmi cord, remote control and power supply. youtube video review : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VyAKyteBptc
    I am very intrested in this, can you try out Archos Video Player once you get it and see if it plays 720/1080p movies smooth?

Comment

I got one and it's so far the worst Android box I've tried - random resets (factory reset), random freezes etc. The MeLE support is non-existing and the other day they deleted their Facebook page as everybody was complaining about the shitty firmware and support in there.

Stay away from MeLE if possible!

Comment

Originally posted by Varming View Post
        I got one and it's so far the worst Android box I've tried - random resets (factory reset), random freezes etc. The MeLE support is non-existing and the other day they deleted their Facebook page as everybody was complaining about the shitty firmware and support in there.

Stay away from MeLE if possible!
        Oh no its too late mine shipped hopefully there is a firmware update when I get it. The youtube video looked promising. I know the a31 based cs868 had a firmware update to lower the memory clock frequency for more stability. I flashed it and it was an improvement on the cs868

Comment

Originally posted by Trhuster View Post
          I am very intrested in this, can you try out Archos Video Player once you get it and see if it plays 720/1080p movies smooth?
          I had the cs868 a31 based tv stick and it did play archos very smooth. Same gpu as this

Comment

I've had mine for a few days now and its a bit of mess.As the previous poster said, it hangs and crashes regularly. The CPU is clocked at 1ghz but can be raised SetCpu although raising it makes it completely unstable. I really hope future firmwares can sort it out as its a really nice box with potential.

Sent from my M6 using Tapatalk 4

Comment

Originally posted by Batfink32 View Post
              I've had mine for a few days now and its a bit of mess.As the previous poster said, it hangs and crashes regularly. The CPU is clocked at 1ghz but can be raised SetCpu although raising it makes it completely unstable. I really hope future firmwares can sort it out as its a really nice box with potential.

Sent from my M6 using Tapatalk 4
              posted aug 9 here http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=44538170
              The main guy at Mele said they have received a new sdk from allwinner and that will hopefully help them to get a better firmware

Comment

posted aug 9 here http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=44538170
                The main guy at Mele said they have received a new sdk from allwinner and that will hopefully help them to get a better firmware
                Most of July the same "main guy" at MeLE wrote that a new firmware would be out before August that solved all the problems their customers complained about in the Facebook page. We never saw that firmware. Just before they closed the Facebook page it's correct that the same guy wrote that they received a new ROM from Allwinner based on the SDK 2.0 and that we would see a new firmware within (I think) 4 weeks. He also wrote that they would focus on making the new ROM work with XBMC.
                I doubt that we should expect much but time will show.

I'm in contact with MeLE but it's a waste of time, they start over and keep telling me that they will send me a new firmware - but as I'm already on the latest firmware it never happends.

Comment

We need help

I tell you if mele find the way with this box is promising I have hope remember that the box has 3 months on the market I don't know way they do this kind of trap to us, put something in the market with a lots of bug and no even a 70% working capability.the mele web site has a forum right look better still in Chinese and a lot of promotion of the M9 system, so I hope one of you gay check into and let is know

Comment

Re: MeLE A31 Quad Core Android 4.1.1 TV Box a1000g Sata dock

Originally posted by leafar View Post
                    I tell you if mele find the way with this box is promising I have hope remember that the box has 3 months on the market I don't know way they do this kind of trap to us, put something in the market with a lots of bug and no even a 70% working capability.the mele web site has a forum right look better still in Chinese and a lot of promotion of the M9 system, so I hope one of you gay check into and let is know
                    I just don't think it will get better, the CPU is only clocked at 1ghz and its still on Android 4.1. Its a no contest to choose between this and say a Neo X7.

Sent from my UMI X2 using Tapatalk 4

Comment

Originally posted by Batfink32 View Post
                      I just don't think it will get better, the CPU is only clocked at 1ghz and its still on Android 4.1. Its a no contest to choose between this and say a Neo X7.

Sent from my UMI X2 using Tapatalk 4
                      except for the 8 core gpu / 4k video decoding

Comment

MELE

YEA better video that others chipmakers because i do own a T428 custom room fast pretty good hdmi stick no prblem so far and i bought 2months ago the mele A31 because more ports, no so fast but prety good video better than the other one. do guys know that melee facebook is down

Comment

Hey guys, I also had the same problem of random reboots with my Measy U4K until I replaced its joky power adapter with a real 2.5A. Another reason is the overheating. A31 has more power consumption than its competitor RK3188 and as consequence more heat generation. So, do something about the heat dissipation and power source and you won't be disappointed. Here is how I solved my problem.

Good luck

Comment

I installed latest 1.2.7 update and everything seems to be working fine except for mic on f10pro. I can't find where the sound input settings are.

Comment

Try to install Netflix and check the quality of the picture. Try also to install XBMC and get it to play HD movies with the internal XBMC player - which crashes XBMC after a short time.

I just received the K-R42 today and what a difference! Everything works after installing the custom ROM found at this forum - Netflix picture quality is fine, XBMC just works etc etc. Also just browsing through the installed apps is a joy, a completely different experience than with the MeLE A1000G box.

Comment

Working...
                              X