What is the point of RK3188?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by leolas View Post
    A simple translation to save people to have to use Google translator, Well I am not agree. They make products, we can choose to buy or not to buy.
    Please let me tell you an history. When I bought my mobile phone I expect a mobile that works good, with no bugs, with a reasonable update time, and ready to use it just after unpack it, well my phone was bought in may 2012, It comes with android 2.3, and in the box was publicity that it will update soon to ICS. The update arrived late, I got ICS when almost all phones was in JB, and with tons of bugs. A month ago I got the JB update, not 4.2.2, I got 4.1.2 and I follow with some bugs, my 12Mpx cam makes photos worse that a 50$ camera, and thanks to some developers I got my mobile working acceptable.
    That happens to me cause I bought a cheap Chinese phone :P But Oh!!! Wait!! my phone is a Sony Xperia S, I spent more than 400$ on it, and it is from Sony, a very reputed brand.
    This devices have a great relation performance-cost. Have they bugs? Yes, some of them have really great bugs. Some of them are defective? Sure chinesse quality controls are not their best. Now this devices are really better than when they was released, and in some time they will be better, now we have kernel sources and access to the old SDK, there are a lot of developers working on them, they will improve a lot for sure.
    If you expect a device that can make the same than a PC just after unpack it, forget about this devices. But if you search for a cheap devices, low power consumption, and you have some time to read in forums like this you will not get disappointed about this devices.
    I dont think anyone would argue that if the sticks are at least close to working then it is great value. But what we have appears to be some performing far better than others. I have bought 2 sticks now from the same supplier and neither work to expectations even though they actively advertise their compatability e.g. Netflix/XBMC etc

I think the developers also do a great job trying to support the devices but that necessitates an indeterminable wait period and is entirely dependent on the afore mentioned developers actually supporting your particualr device. There seems to be a multitude of variants and although Finless et al have released baseline ROM/Kernels there is no garuntee that they will continue to develop the devices.

I basically upgraded my stick in the hope that netflix and xmbc performance would improve which they havent.

I dont mind re-flashing etc but if it is an ongoing requirement that may never fix my main issues then consumers like myself will go elsewhere, sales will drop and there will not be a base for the chinese market to sell to.

On my other thread I did call out my supplier but it was very constructive advice in the hope that they would begin to affect their supplier and manage the ongoing issues/developments.

Just gets very frustrating having these sticks in the back of my TV's and cannot use them. The kids are perpetually moaning about them "dad netflix isnt playing properly" ..... its torture for me lol

Comment

Re: What is the point of RK3188?

Hi AlbaJoe,

You are probably on a 4.2 android version, right?
      Please download the xposed framework and the netflix patch from Dinc and let me know if Netflix works better.

Ive made you a zipfile with both files. First install the xposedinstaller apk. then the patch.

Comment

Originally posted by hispan1c View Post
        Hi AlbaJoe,

Please download the xposed framework and the netflix patch from Dinc and let me know if Netflix works better.

Ive made you a zipfile with both files. First install the xposedinstaller apk. then the patch.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/8ehjkc2sz0lbybg/x.zip
        thanks m8 will give that a go tonight

Comment

Hi AlbaJoe,

Thanks a lot, I hope that someone who use Netflix made a step by step guide of how install Xposed framework and the patch, it must be a fix thread so much people use it.
          AlbaJoe, I understand the frustration, I feel it a lot of times with this devices.

leolas
          REMEMBER, YOUR FEEDBACK IS VERY IMPORTANT TO US.
          My devices:
          Minix Neo X7; Minix Neo X8-H , Minix Neo Z64W & Z64 (Sponsored by Minix)
          MK902 & MK902II(Sponsored by RKM)
          Beelink M8B & Beelink R89 (Sponsored by Beelink)
          Tronsmart VEGA S89H (Sponsored by
          Gearbest.com)
          MELE-PCG03 (Sponsored by Gearbest.com) Discount Coupon:MPCG03
          Ainol Intel Z3735 MiniPC(Sponsored by Gearbest.com)
          Thanks to them I can try to support your devices http://freaktab.com/core/images/smilies/wink.png

Comment

Np, btw leolas you should check out Netflix, its quite nice. I use overplay DNS on my router so Netflix just works. I used to live in Spain and watch it all time. You dont need to connect to any vpn or proxy or anything. (Only for signup maybe). The good thing about overplay dns (overplay.net) is that you set it in the dhcp setting in your router so all your devices will work with netflix. My wife is spanish and she is really happy to see spanish subtitles with each movie because her english is not good enough to understand everything.

Overplay.net is 5 euro monthly. Netflix is about 7,50 euro monthly.

Comment

Np, btw leolas you should check out Netflix, its quite nice. I use overplay DNS on my router so Netflix just works. I used to live in Spain and watch it all time. You dont need to connect to any vpn or proxy or anything. (Only for signup maybe). The good thing about overplay dns (overplay.net) is that you set it in the dhcp setting in your router so all your devices will work with netflix. My wife is spanish and she is really happy to see spanish subtitles with each movie because her english is not good enough to understand everything.

I concur, netflix is pretty damn good. I have actually cancelled my SKY films package as everyone in the house uses Netflix more. Also have lovefilm but havent really used it much. Should cancel it really.

Comment

My wife hate subtitles in the screen and our english is not so good to see films in english without them, and please I don't try to offend USA guys , but spoken English in American stile is very hard to understand for me most of the times.
                In Spain we have a big problem because all films are translated to Spanish, so we don't educate our ears to other language.
                My devices:
                Gearbest.com)
                Thanks to them I can try to support your devices http://freaktab.com/core/images/smilies/wink.png

Comment

My wife hate subtitles in the screen and our english is not so good to see films in english without them, and please I don't try to offend USA guys , but spoken English in American stile is very hard to understand for me most of the times.
                  In Spain we have a big problem because all films are translated to Spanish, so we don't educate our ears to other language.
                  Try understanding Scottish then

Comment

Originally posted by AlbaJoe View Post
                    Try understanding Scottish then
                    Jejeje, yes, in school all my generation used to listen pure english people, speaking slowly, when we got another english zone we suffered a drastically fall in our scores.
                    In Spanish is the same, we have a lot of dialects?(don't know the correct word), we use the same language, but wtf people from certains zones have problems to understand well people for other zones, and that is only in Spain, southamericans and Europe spanish speakers have sometimes problems to understand between us. I supose that it will the same with all extended languages

leolas
                    My devices:
                    Gearbest.com)

Comment

Hey leolas good news. All movies have spanish audio so you dont need subtitles. I hate it, but the option is there

Comment

Hi AlbaJoe,

Thanks for this. I went to 1080p stock and netflix was terrible. Used this and it has improved it although the skipping is still there. No way near as blocky/grainy as it was but the skips are giving me a headache.

Also Antutu still refuses to work crashing to desktop everytime.

TBH I think i will just get more grey and haired and red faced if i continue down this path. Might just send the CX-919 back get one the same as yours.

Comment

Jejeje, yes, in school all my generation used to listen pure english people, speaking slowly, when we got another english zone we suffered a drastically fall in our scores.
                          In Spanish is the same, we have a lot of dialects?(don't know the correct word), we use the same language, but wtf people from certains zones have problems to understand well people for other zones, and that is only in Spain, southamericans and Europe spanish speakers have sometimes problems to understand between us. I supose that it will the same with all extended languages

leolas
                          Yeah not many people here speak like James Bond

Sean Connery - Scottish
                          Roger Moore - English

Comment

Working...
                          X