Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gefattern View Post

Hi ,

for sure NOT , the Poison Rom must be a full .img File , otherwise all the others could not flash it

on all the different Devices , and this Guy reported that it works well on his U2C Boxes ,

You not Understand it , FIRST READ before you write Bullshit
    Ok, here is what the difference is, since you know so much:

Click image for larger version  Name:	Rom.Poison-4.3 File Contents.jpg Views:	0 Size:	99.6 KB ID:	834023

The Posion can be used IF you can get into recovery mode, which I can NOT get into recovery mode, I can ONLY get the PC to recognize the Android box enough for AMLogic USB Burner software to see it. The Android box won't boot at all, won't show anything on a screen. I have to SHORT one of the chips on the board just to get the PC to see it, so, it's about as bricked as it can get and I need the exact software that it will accept, so far, out of 37 IMG's that I have found on the web, for one reason or another the AMLogic software errors out, hence, why I resorted to coming here and asking anybody with the U2C box to share with me a working stock IMG if they had it.

Click image for larger version  Name:	What a zipped IMG file looks like.jpg Views:	0 Size:	92.1 KB ID:	834024

So unless you see some other file, somewhere that I can't find, then let me know.

Steve
    ​​

Comment

Hi ,

so your Box is bricked , and you can only reach it by MaskRomMode , but even in this mode it must be

possible to unbrick by flashing the right .img , if not it seems something else is wrong too , ever connected

over TX , RX G , pins , possible with nearly every Box and can help to find the error , but i am not a Pro in that ,

strange that you not even can find a working Rec. that can boot from SD to restore your Box ,

further good luck / gefattern

Comment

Hi ,

once more , do you flash with or without Power ??? , remember Power is important ,

gefattern

Comment

Hi ,

so your Box is bricked , and you can only reach it by MaskRomMode , but even in this mode it must be

possible to unbrick by flashing the right .img , if not it seems something else is wrong too , ever connected

over TX , RX G , pins , possible with nearly every Box and can help to find the error , but i am not a Pro in that ,

strange that you not even can find a working Rec. that can boot from SD to restore your Box ,

Hello gefattern, thanks for the reply.

I believe that it is possible to flash it with the right IMG file, but as this is a rare make and model made by U2C and I've tried over 40 IMG files now with no success, I am now of the belief that without the exact IMG file for the U2C Super Z that I won't be able to save it which is why I came here when I found this thread about a U2C Super Z model, hoping that somebody here might actually have the U2C Super Z master IMG file they could share. The most common error I get from the software is a DDR error which tells me the images aren't the right DDR type, speed or quantity.

Let me explain the sequence of steps that were taken in this entire ordeal:
          1. U2C box lost it's root access
          2. I tried many root tactics with no success.
          3. I found that U2C Super Z RECOVERY IMG file in this thread.
          4. I booted into recovery mode and wiped the device and then flashed it.
          5. Flashing seemed successful and everything went well.
          6. After I set it to reboot, nothing happened and it's been in this state ever since.
          7. I have tried over 40 IMG files with and without power in every conceivable combination I can think of (USB power, power plug, etc)
          To answer your question after this post, yes, I tried different types of power via USB and the power cable. Normally, when you plug in the actual power cable the computer immediately loses connectivity with the U2C box. Also, please remember, the only way I can get the computer to see the android box is by shorting out 2 pins on the main board, so it's as far broken as it can be. I am sorry that I don't have the knowledge or skills to do the Tx Rx pins as you mentioned, in fact, I am not even sure what that means as I've never read anything about it but it sure sounds like I wouldn't know how to do that or even have the right tools here to do that. I have even tried making an bootable SDCard but I've never gotten the device to see it and boot from it.

I have spent a lot of time and downloaded every single file from this Mega.nz website and tried them all without success, but I wasn't surprised as these were mainly centered around the H96 Pro model, but I tried anyway.

Maybe it's bricked beyond repair, maybe it's the IMG file, I can't say for sure and if I knew of something else to try, I'd try it.

As nobody aside from you has replied to this thread, I can only imagine that the original posters are long gone and don't check in here anymore so I believe my dream of obtaining the proper IMG file is dying. I even tried to hunt down the sellers on Amazon, but they've left Amazon and I can't find any other way to reach them.

For now, I've packed it up and put it away on my shelf, I've spent weeks messing with it and have concluded without the exact IMG that further work on it is pointless.

I do thank you for the time you've spent reading the threads here and suggestions you've posted, but this box is broken to a point that exceeds my knowledge or capability and I am not sure what else I could try.

I am subscribed to this post, should anybody ever drive by and have a file to offer up, but short of that, I hate to admit that I've given up, but in all actuality, I have given up...

Kind regards,

Steve

Comment

Hi ,

in the past i had the same with my Rockchip UT3 , tried all but no chance , so i trasched it and bought new ,

you can already buy good Boxes between 50-100 bucks , BUT IF , look for a well supported Box that works with

CustomRoms example , Slimbox , Aidain or ATVexperience or anything well supported Box from here ,

how long , old was this Box ???

Comment

Hi ,

is the Poison Rom from XDA really not flashable , did you tried a SDBoot with it or LibreElec from SD

to see if it still boots up ???

gefattern

Comment

Hi ,

in the past i had the same with my Rockchip UT3 , tried all but no chance , so i trasched it and bought new ,

you can already buy good Boxes between 50-100 bucks , BUT IF , look for a well supported Box that works with

CustomRoms example , Slimbox , Aidain or ATVexperience or anything well supported Box from here ,

how long , old was this Box ???

Hi again geffatern.

The box was 4 years old and I know that Android 7 is getting old, but I did mention that I have 3 boxes that were all identical and the hardware they were built from was rock solid. These boxes were the best 3 I ever owned and believe me when I tell you that I ordered and tried 2 dozen different makes and models before I found these. That's why after I found how good of a box it was, I ordered 2 more so I could have one on every TV in my house. That said, I know that there are many good boxes out there that aren't that expensive, but the "nerd" in me has a hard time letting go of something without knowing what was wrong with it or even by fixing it. I thought these boxes would be great examples to loan out to my friends that I am trying to get into the Android box market.

So, on to a new topic, I did order a new box because one of the most heavily used apps I have now requires Android 10, so I knew in my heart that I'd have to leave these boxes behind eventually, so I've chosen to move on. The real issue I am facing is that most of the boxes that have the options that I want in an Android box (3-4 USB ports, optical port, tif card slot, etc) all are running Android TV which I absolutely despise. The newest box I received didn't advertise it as Android TV, just Android 11. So the real challenge now is finding a box that has all the options on it that I need AND only running Android 11+ that is NOT Android TV.

So, in closing, like your RT3 box, I have chosen to move on from this old system (unless somebody shows up here and has the exact proper IMG for my box, then sure I'd give it a try), I didn't trash it, I just put it back in the original box and shelved it...

Thanks again for everything!!

Steve

Comment

Originally posted by sdemiere View Post
                  Hi again geffatern.
                  The box was 4 years old and I know that Android 7 is getting old, but I did mention that I have 3 boxes that were all identical and the hardware they were built from was rock solid. These boxes were the best 3 I ever owned and believe me when I tell you that I ordered and tried 2 dozen different makes and models before I found these. That's why after I found how good of a box it was, I ordered 2 more so I could have one on every TV in my house. That said, I know that there are many good boxes out there that aren't that expensive, but the "nerd" in me has a hard time letting go of something without knowing what was wrong with it or even by fixing it. I thought these boxes would be great examples to loan out to my friends that I am trying to get into the Android box market.
                  So, on to a new topic, I did order a new box because one of the most heavily used apps I have now requires Android 10, so I knew in my heart that I'd have to leave these boxes behind eventually, so I've chosen to move on. The real issue I am facing is that most of the boxes that have the options that I want in an Android box (3-4 USB ports, optical port, tif card slot, etc) all are running Android TV which I absolutely despise. The newest box I received didn't advertise it as Android TV, just Android 11. So the real challenge now is finding a box that has all the options on it that I need AND only running Android 11+ that is NOT Android TV.
                  So, in closing, like your RT3 box, I have chosen to move on from this old system (unless somebody shows up here and has the exact proper IMG for my box, then sure I'd give it a try), I didn't trash it, I just put it back in the original box and shelved it...
                  Thanks again for everything!!
                  Steve
                  Hi ,

what about Post 6 here , from Mc Dave , the second Link is a .img File , did this not work ???

not sure if i already ask that ??? , did you already ordered , if you buy , or not sure , post here ,

so we can help , remember look for a well supported Box .

good luck / gefattern

Comment

Hi ,

what about Post 6 here , from Mc Dave , the second Link is a .img File , did this not work ???

not sure if i already ask that ??? , did you already ordered , if you buy , or not sure , post here ,

so we can help , remember look for a well supported Box .

good luck / gefattern

Yes, the first link he posted is "q9377-ota-X-Series-20171123.rar" and you can see from the name, its the OTA which is comprised of individual files, not a full IMG. I can't use OTA packages with the AMLogic USB Burner software.

The second link is for the X Super, not the Z super and it does contain only an IMG file and yes, I did try it with no success, but I think because it's for the X Super and not the Z Super and the fact that my box is bricked really bad.

That first link that had the OTA is what bricked my device, that is the package I used that got me to where I am.

As for the box I ordered, I ordered a Transpeed Amlogic S905X4 X4 8K 3D Android 11.0 TV Box HDR10+ LAN1000M BT4.0 2.4G&5.8G box. I've ordered 3 different boxes and so far the first 2 were Android TV which I don't want, I just want plain Android 11+ on it, not the Android TV version.

Steve

Comment

Originally posted by sdemiere View Post
                      ...I ordered a Transpeed Amlogic S905X4 X4 ..... I just want plain Android 11+ on it, not the Android TV version....
                      Install SlimBOX ROM - AOSP build.

Comment

Originally posted by mAtvXk View Post
                        Install SlimBOX ROM - AOSP build.

Hi there mAtvXk, thanks for your post.

I'll give it a shot, but it does make me nervous given that it'll be new and my luck recently with burning was bad, I see they've included instructions so I'll follow it step-by-step when the box arrives in about a week or so.

Thanks again,

Steve

Comment

Working...
                        X