Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Which? Mecool M8S PRO L or Sunvell T95Z Plus

Hi all,
    Simple question. Given your experience, which box would you recommend, the Mecool M8S PRO L or the Sunvell T95Z Plus? They're both S912 running Android 7.1 so basically it boils down to the 'brand'.

The Mecool M8S Pro L supports Widevine level 1 and HDCP-1.x which means this box can play Netflix in 1080P with DD+, and I don't think the Sunvell T95Z Plus can do that.
    MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

Originally posted by clarkss12 View Post
      The Mecool M8S Pro L supports Widevine level 1 and HDCP-1.x which means this box can play Netflix in 1080P with DD+, and I don't think the Sunvell T95Z Plus can do that.
      Unfortunately, I cannot find details of the Sunvell T95Z Plus (3GB/32GB) version.

From trebor topic on the mecool m8s pro L here, the box:
      1. doesn't seem to have a reset button
      2. it has the ATV version of android

The first issue can be solved by manually shorting the pins whilst the second issue will limit me to install apps which are only in the Android TV store (not sure if there is a work around for this).

Comment

Originally posted by Katandbri View Post

Unfortunately, I cannot find details of the Sunvell T95Z Plus (3GB/32GB) version.

From trebor topic on the mecool m8s pro L here, the box:
        1. doesn't seem to have a reset button
        2. it has the ATV version of android

The first issue can be solved by manually shorting the pins whilst the second issue will limit me to install apps which are only in the Android TV store (not sure if there is a work around for this).
        I use Aptoid to get all the apps I use. I installed Google calendar ,email and maps, and with my attached webcam (builtin mic), I can ask what is on my calendar or email. I can also call up my contacts and open the map and walk down the street in the Google map app. I also have my app for my security cam that works great........ So, I get the best of both worlds, the Google Android TV OS launcher and all the apps that I need....

Logitech 310 Webcam running on Mecool M8S Pro Plus. Great for Skype, audio and video both work with this webcam.
        MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

Working...
        X