Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is the Nvidia Shield worth it for a non-gamer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is the Nvidia Shield worth it for a non-gamer?

I was thinking of getting an Nvidia Shield but I don't do games, just watching my local media and streaming from Prime etc, I have a fire TV and a Mecool BB2 Pro, would the Shield be worth it if I don't game? Is the picture quality any better? Thanks.

If you don't have Netflix UHD and Amazon Prime , probably not .

Comment

Video quality on the Nvidia says it all! This unit is fast and smooth! Light years ahead of the Android boxes!

Comment

I have Shield , Fire TV box 2nd generation. Vorke Z6 and Alfawise H96 now.
        The Fire TV 2nd gen box is a really good box too . Streams just as fast as the Shield.
        It is the only box that I know of that actually has gone up in price.
        I bought two at $89.99. They go for a little over $100 on **** if you can find an unopened one.

Comment

Originally posted by Appdata View Post
          would the Shield be worth it if I don't game?
          Fsck, yes. It's miles ahead of anything the Chinese boxes offer. It's as much future proof on the media center side as the Nexus/Pixel devices are on the phone front.
          NVidia Shield TV 2015 16 GB || Stock
          NVidia Shield TV 2017 16 GB || Stock
          Buy me a beer?

Comment

Thinking of buying one with the controller this boxing day Any canadian store you guys know that sells it for a very good deal? So far Vision sells it for CAD$259 and seems a very good price.

Comment

Originally posted by DhiJay23 View Post
              Thinking of buying one with the controller this boxing day Any canadian store you guys know that sells it for a very good deal? So far Vision sells it for CAD$259 and seems a very good price.
              Try newegg.ca. I’m contemplating purchasing as well

Comment

BestBuy is bundling the shield with Samsung Link for $170

Comment

Originally posted by HomesickSurfer View Post

Try newegg.ca. I’m contemplating purchasing as well
                Thanks guys, I went out and bought last weekend at Vision Electronics and got the Shield with the controller for $220, Pretty good deal considering $260-$300 cost at somewhere around my area. And THIS IS THE BEST ANDROID DEVICE I ever owned. Kids loves playing games with it too.

Comment

Originally posted by JcKobe View Post

Thanks guys, I went out and bought last weekend at Vision Electronics and got the Shield with the controller for $220, Pretty good deal considering $260-$300 cost at somewhere around my area. And THIS IS THE BEST ANDROID DEVICE I ever owned. Kids loves playing games with it too.
                  Oh thank you! Never shopped at Vision. I’m seeing the 16gb model with remote and controller for $229cad. Great deal considering no issues conversion, shipping and duties. I may get one if in stock

Comment

JcKobe, does yours have Google Home Assistant installed and working??

Comment

Oh thank you! Never shopped at Vision. I’m seeing the 16gb model with remote and controller for $229cad. Great deal considering no issues conversion, shipping and duties. I may get one if in stock
                      thats right but they gave me the PRO which is the 500GB storage. I always shopped there and they always give me a really good deal. The only thing I noticed is every time I only JUST wanted to look around they will forced to you purchase something and thats when they will give you and very nice deal. I was actually going to wait till boxing day but I cant turn down a $100plus discount. lol

Comment

JcKobe, does yours have Google Home Assistant installed and working??
                        Yes sir. Everything works flawlessly.

Comment

Originally posted by DhiJay23 View Post

thats right but they gave me the PRO which is the 500GB storage. I always shopped there and they always give me a really good deal. The only thing I noticed is every time I only JUST wanted to look around they will forced to you purchase something and thats when they will give you and very nice deal. I was actually going to wait till boxing day but I cant turn down a $100plus discount. lol
                          Are you serious?...wow! How can I swing that deal? Lol. I may visit the heartland mall Mississauga location today

Comment

Oops sorry I forgot to mention, the JcKobe account is mine as well and a new account. I forgot my password for this account and have to create a that. And luckily retrieve this one.

Comment

Working...
                            X