Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[ROM] Mecool M8S PRO W Stock & Nano Nexus ROM (Android 7.1)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by denexo View Post
    Dear Guest . I am also one of the owner of Mecool M8S Pro W with the blue motherboard and latest revision, where the flash memory is completely different. This is why we cannot install your custom roms and the procedure hangs at 7%. Another thing to note is that the new boxes are shipped with Android 7.1.2 like following: M8S PRO W-userdebug 7.1.2 NHG47L with version 20180724.093649.V0213 . I asked supplier and they provided following ota file : https://mega.nz/#F!jE9DUTDY!vkLtjn8UeCeM20_iXIKvbQ . Do you think you could perform your magic and create a stock & nano nexus rom based on this firmware?

I also have the TV box, Model M8S Pro W, Firmware: M8S PRO W-userdebug 7.1.2 NHG47L 20180724.093649.v0213, Blue Board: M8S_W_REV2.2.

Has someone installed a different rom with Android TV? as ?
    denexo the Firmware https://mega.nz/#F!jE9DUTDY!vkLtjn8UeCeM20_iXIKvbQ ; you have installed it in the box?

Alguien a podido instalarle otra ROM con Android TV.? alguna experiencia?

I create the topic : https://forum.freaktab.com/forum/tv-...d-m8s_w_rev2-2

Click image for larger version

Name:	M8S_pro_W_Info.jpg
Views:	1484
Size:	47.6 KB
ID:	758328Click image for larger version

Name:	M8S_pro_W_BACK.jpg
Views:	1486
Size:	143.6 KB
ID:	758329Click image for larger version

Name:	original-mecool-m8s-pro-w-android-7-1-2gb.jpg
Views:	1477
Size:	142.4 KB
ID:	758330

Click image for larger version

Name:	M8S_pro_W_UP.jpg
Views:	1526
Size:	139.1 KB
ID:	758331Click image for larger version

Name:	M8S_pro_W_OTA.jpg
Views:	1424
Size:	135.5 KB
ID:	758332

Comment

So, I obviously don't have this new hardware and consequently am unable to develop a custom ROM for it. (Also, I'm not a fan of the S905W SoC in general, and so am not looking to spend more time on it.) Thank you for creating a new topic for this, @colbaip!

Comment

can someone confirm that most boxe with the s905w with board p282 is really a p212? Because i tried to flash some p281 and p212 roms but non worked on my t95 s2 2/16 box p282 s905w?

Comment

hello! Has anyone had problems installing by OTA? my box i finished the update, and now thare is only black

Comment

WARNING: Newer M8S PRO W units may have hardware revisions that make them incompatible with earlier firmware releases. My advice would be to only flash a custom ROM that's based on a known-good OEM firmware release for your box. That said, this latest release is also compatible with the new M8S PRO PLUS units configured with the S905W chipset, since these are basically just rebranded M8S PRO W boxes.

Changelog (20190216):
            • Updated to the latest Mecool M8S PRO W OEM firmware (20180827.121904.V0213).
            • Now includes Miracast app and Bluetooth dongle support for voice remote.
            • Developer Options now visible by default in Settings.
            • Updated to TWRP Recovery 3.2.3-0 with latest OEM kernel on OMNI twrp-8.1 branch.
            • Updated to latest OpenGApps build (20190209).
            Known Bugs:
            • Clicking on Vision Settings in the setup wizard will launch an unsupported activity in Settings.
            • You can enable the nav bar in Settings->Display->Statusbar, but may need to toggle back and forth before it will show.
            • Not all USB Bluetooth dongles will be recognized, but I'll be adding more drivers as I find them.
            Download:

Comment

Originally posted by Magendanz View Post
              WARNING: Newer M8S PRO W units may have hardware revisions that make them incompatible with earlier firmware releases. My advice would be to only flash a custom ROM that's based on a known-good OEM firmware release for your box. That said, this latest release is also compatible with the new M8S PRO PLUS units configured with the S905W chipset, since these are basically just rebranded M8S PRO W boxes.

Changelog (20190216):
              • Updated to the latest Mecool M8S PRO W OEM firmware (20180827.121904.V0213).
              • Now includes Miracast app and Bluetooth dongle support for voice remote.
              • Developer Options now visible by default in Settings.
              • Updated to TWRP Recovery 3.2.3-0 with latest OEM kernel on OMNI twrp-8.1 branch.
              • Updated to latest OpenGApps build (20190209).
              Known Bugs:
              • Clicking on Vision Settings in the setup wizard will launch an unsupported activity in Settings.
              • You can enable the nav bar in Settings->Display->Statusbar, but may need to toggle back and forth before it will show.
              • Not all USB Bluetooth dongles will be recognized, but I'll be adding more drivers as I find them.
              Download:
              thanks very much finally new version of m8s pro w is working with this.......great work...but gives error 7 while installing ota update(stock variant)...and also internal mem, cache, data is not mounting in twrp...how to mount plz help
              Last edited by sunny1500; 02-24-2019, 17:34.

Comment

Guest commented
                Editing a comment
                This shouldn't work with the new M8S PRO W units, hence the big red warning above. I don't have one of these, so I can't build for it, but maybe someone else can.

Magendanz thanks for rply... I mean that i have latest version of m8s pro w and i successfully install the img file via usb tool which u provided in last post (stock variant) . only this is working so far.But the ota update is not installing. And I also want to know that how to mount internal mem, cache, data in twrp because they are not mounting.I tried different methods but nothing works. May be it is the reason that ota not installing....

Comment

Guest commented
                Editing a comment
                Yeah, if TWRP can't mount the system partition, it can't do the necessary environment checks for the OTA update.

I'm willing to build TWRP for the new hardware if I can find an OEM firmware posted for this latest variant. The latest I can find is 20180827.121904.V0213, though.

Най-новото е M8S_PRO_W-ota-20180802.182556.V0213 (ZIP | Връзка )

Comment

Guest commented
                Editing a comment
                M8S_PRO_PLUS-ota-20180827.121904.V0213.zip should also be compatible.

TVStock Nexus ROMs is not available. Who has the image ? I want to try Android TV...

Comment

Originally posted by nwizard View Post
                TVStock Nexus ROMs is not available. Who has the image ? I want to try Android TV...
                OTA UPDATE

Comment

Originally posted by niki7989 View Post
                  Thank you. Will try to update...

Comment

Can't upgrade. TWRP says - cannot mount data, cache and other... Tried to wipe - no luck. What to do ?
                    BTW, I have 1/8 version...
                    Last edited by nwizard; 03-05-2019, 14:23.

Comment

instal Rashr_v2.3.13_RUS.apk - instal original recovery.img -instal M8S_PRO_W-ota-20180802.182556.V0213
                      Last edited by niki7989; 03-05-2019, 15:20.

Comment

Originally posted by niki7989 View Post
                        instal original recovery.img
                        The proble is I have no original firmware... I have restored the box which is has name Invin KM5, with 1gb ram and 8gb flash, blue board M8s_W_Rev1.3.
                        Nano Nexus ROM is the only which fits. and I tried withe recovery.img - the same issue - cannot mount anything. I hope .img can help me....
                        I will use USB burning tool again.

Comment

Hi! I have the same problem than you nwizard , Yesterday i installed Nexus (without TV version) over the original firmware. After that, I tried install NEXUS TV Version but when i select zip to install it, the box restart into recovery mode (TWRP) but i can't mount any partitions. I can't do anything. Wipe doesn't work either.
                          Did you find the solution?

I have a M8S PRO W 2GB/16GB

Thank you in advance!

Comment

Working...
                          X