Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

T95Z Plus 2GB/16GB Bricked, No usb connection possible

Hi,

I was trying to flash some alternative firmware for my T95Z with the usb burning tool and a usb a -> usb a cable

The flashing was ok but the box didnt respond after the firmware flash

Now it powers on with light blue color on the led ring and no text on the lcd
    Hdmi output isnt sending out any image

The box does also not connect to a pc tried with 2 different pc's Win10 + Win7

Is there any way to fix the box ?

maybe a Jtag option, the box has a UART port near de SDcard slot

Any help guys ??

Try the Ram twrp thing...

Boot to temporal twrp from usb... Then erase bla bla reflash bla bla...

Comment

Any tips how this does work ?

I have tried many roms and recovery's with a microsd card and with usb cable
      but the box really looks dead to my
      does not get recognized on an PC
      and doenst give and respone of life when i tried to flash it with a microsd

Only the led ring does light up light blue thats all

Sander

Comment

This is what i used and worked fine...

I don't recall 100% what i did but I think i made a boot sdcard or usb stick and renamed this file (the ram twrp) to recovery.zip and put it in root (no folder)...

Then the box boots to the temporal twrp...

I am soory but i dont have access to my pc at the time, maybe someone can explain better...

Comment

Originally posted by jit18 View Post
          This is what i used and worked fine...

I don't recall 100% what i did but I think i made a boot sdcard or usb stick and renamed this file (the ram twrp) to recovery.zip and put it in root (no folder)...

Then the box boots to the temporal twrp...

I am soory but i dont have access to my pc at the time, maybe someone can explain better...
          Thnx for the link i think i get the idea
          I will try it when im back home
          I also orderd a UART to usb dongle to read out the board

Guess i did mess up my bootloader flashing the wrong rom in force erase mode

Comment

and fyi this box has different wifi chips so make sure you get the proper rom that matches your chipset. if its bricked you have to open the box and read the chipset label. gl

Comment

I finally did get my USB to UART and did readout the T95Z
              Here is the result.

Terminal log file
              Date: 13-2-2018 - 02:30:39
              -----------------------------------------------
              DDR4 chl: Rank0+1 @ 1080MHz - FAIL
              DDR init failed...
              Reset...
              GXM:BL1:dc8b51:76f1a5;FEAT:ADFC318C:0;POC:3;RCY:0; EMMC:0;READ:0;0.0;CHK:0;
              TE: 121669

BL2 Built : 19:41:49, Jun 20 2016.
              gxl ge299011 - xiaobo.gu@droid05

set vdd cpu_a to 1120 mv
              set vdd cpu_b to 1050 mv
              set vddee to 1000 mv
              Board ID = 2
              CPU clk: 1200MHz
              DDR3 chl: Rank0+1 @ 720MHz - FAIL
              DDR4 chl: Rank0+1 @ 1080MHz - FAIL
              DDR init failed...
              Reset...

Any tips how to go further ??

Comment

You need to short the emmc chip.
                Open your box and see what emmc chip that you having.
                Google for it.

I think your problem is your box having DDR4 but flashed with DDR3 firmware or either way.

Comment

Hello guys.

My T95z Plus after a micro sd card update has crashed, but I can not update anymore.
                  I tried to make the computer over USB cable and the computer does not recognize it.
                  The T95z is bricked and how do I fix it.

Thank you

Comment

Hi Everyone We have created this thread to collect all the NAND pin Short to Mask ROM Mode locations for all our members. Because firmware comes on android

Comment

Originally posted by sanas24 View Post
                      Hi,

I was trying to flash some alternative firmware for my T95Z with the usb burning tool and a usb a -> usb a cable

The flashing was ok but the box didnt respond after the firmware flash

Now it powers on with light blue color on the led ring and no text on the lcd
                      Hdmi output isnt sending out any image

The box does also not connect to a pc tried with 2 different pc's Win10 + Win7

Is there any way to fix the box ?

maybe a Jtag option, the box has a UART port near de SDcard slot

Any help guys ??
                      I have the same problem but the t95z-plus-3gb-32gb Version.

I wanted to flash the poison rom but after it stuck at the logo.

I flashed with the usb burnig tool the "T95Z_1076_3gb_twrp.img".
                      Everything went ok, but as i wanted to connect the box to the tv --> black screen/No connection.

After this i tried to reflash with the USB but the computer didnt recognize it.
                      Also the methode with the SD card didnt work. --> black screen.

How can i Fix this?

equipment:
                      Windows 7 Pc
                      Sunvell T95Z Plus TV Box Amlogic S912 Octa Core
                      USB 3.0 (a-a)

Edit: The pin short methode did not function.
                      and i still cant acess the box via USB and sdcard

I found out that i have the S912_T95TPLUS_3G_v1081 firmware. The LP version would be right, I think, but if i cant acess the box via usb burning tool i have no chance to update the firmware
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by flexaflex; 08-28-2018, 14:13.

Comment

Just wanted to share my experience with my Sunvell T95zPlus

My PCs could not recognize the Sunvell box. I was getting USB device descriptor error after plugging in the box. When I plug in the box to the TV, no display whatsoever (No clock nor TV display). Only the blue light around the box would come on.

What I found and did:
                        1. I broke down and cut 2 USB cords and spliced same color wires together. Replaced my Cables to go USB-A to USB-A cable. (Computer suddenly recognized the box, I thought it was a driver install issue, alas, it was a cable issue)
                        2. Clicked start and USB Burning Tool failed after 7%. I restarted the program and this time I did the following after the tool was up and ready to hit start:
                        a. Plug in the Sunvell power supply
                        b. Plug in the USB cable (computer recognized the box)
                        c. hit start (this time it went all the way to 100%)

Aparently, a lousy, hacked USB-A to USB-A cable is better than cables to go cable. And this Sunvell box require power supply to be plugged in because the USB is not able to power it properly to flash completely.

Hope this helps someone out as I was about to toss the box last night.

Comment

Originally posted by Ejfrederico View Post
                          Hello guys.

My T95z Plus after a micro sd card update has crashed, but I can not update anymore.
                          I tried to make the computer over USB cable and the computer does not recognize it.
                          The T95z is bricked and how do I fix it.

Thank you
                          you are going to have to short the pins to get it to recognize your device on pc

Comment

Originally posted by flexaflex View Post

I have the same problem but the t95z-plus-3gb-32gb Version.

I wanted to flash the poison rom but after it stuck at the logo.

I flashed with the usb burnig tool the "T95Z_1076_3gb_twrp.img".
                            Everything went ok, but as i wanted to connect the box to the tv --> black screen/No connection.

After this i tried to reflash with the USB but the computer didnt recognize it.
                            Also the methode with the SD card didnt work. --> black screen.

How can i Fix this?

equipment:
                            Windows 7 Pc
                            Sunvell T95Z Plus TV Box Amlogic S912 Octa Core
                            USB 3.0 (a-a)

Edit: The pin short methode did not function.
                            and i still cant acess the box via USB and sdcard

I found out that i have the S912_T95TPLUS_3G_v1081 firmware. The LP version would be right, I think, but if i cant acess the box via usb burning tool i have no chance to update the firmware
                            If you are still following this post, I can help you. Apparently I'm the only person on the internet that knows what pins to short! lol

Comment

If you are still following this post, I can help you. Apparently I'm the only person on the internet that knows what pins to short! lol

Hi MyVision, I've got a T95Z Plus, which is bricked and mot recognizable with USB mode.

Could you tell me what pins I shuld short on this box?

Thank you in advance.

Comment

Working...
                              X