Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

H96 Max issues

Hi,

I have noticed a few issues with this box I got delivered today.

1) I can't use other launchers with it as they all crash as soon as I try to open them, I have always used Nova launcher on my TV boxes. Is there any way to get 3rd party launchers working?

2) The display brightness is too dark especially in Kodi 17. I know on my s912 boxes I could change bootvideo to 1 using a buildprop editor but can't find that entry on the H96 Max, Is there anyway to brighten up the display brightness?

3) If I change the language to UK english & then go into settings - more settings - display the settings app crashes so I have to leave it set to US English, Is there any way to sort this?

4) What is the best firmware for this box, I know it used to come with android 6.0 but my box has android 7.1.2 & I feel the firmware is a bit buggy due to some of the above issues, I know there is the EntertainmentBox custom firmware for it & also SuperCeleron's firmware, which one would be the best & fix some of the above issues?

Appreciate any help given.
    Cheers.

Another issue I have noticed is the box keeps saying my exfat formatted USB drive is corrupt, I have used exfat formatted USB drives on every TV box I have owned but this is the first time a box says the drive is corrupt. Any ideas around it other than using fat32 or NTFS formatting?

Comment

Originally posted by BanziBaby View Post
      Another issue I have noticed is the box keeps saying my exfat formatted USB drive is corrupt, I have used exfat formatted USB drives on every TV box I have owned but this is the first time a box says the drive is corrupt. Any ideas around it other than using fat32 or NTFS formatting?
      Try using some other exFAT file manager from google play.

Comment

Cheers for the reply, checked apps on play store & none of them do what I need, the firmware itself has to support exfat so the USB stick will show in kodi for example, all my other cheaper boxes support it but not the expensive H96 Max.

Comment

Working...
        X