No announcement yet.

Sixaxis and Bluetooth in General - fixes for finless 1.6 ROM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, I installed 1.4a with the 720P OC kernel. Bluetooth undoubtedly worked better. I could turn bluetooth on and off, and searching for devices actually happened. My generic gamepad had great range and connected first try.

I was sure the sixaxis app would work this time, but no luck. Then I realized my nand flash was corrupted, so I need to start over. I'm just not sure what rom/kernel combination to try next.

Comment

Re: Sixaxis and Bluetooth in General - fixes for finless 1.6 ROM

Originally posted by PolloLoco View Post
      Well, I installed 1.4a with the 720P OC kernel. Bluetooth undoubtedly worked better. I could turn bluetooth on and off, and searching for devices actually happened. My generic gamepad had great range and connected first try.

I was sure the sixaxis app would work this time, but no luck. Then I realized my nand flash was corrupted, so I need to start over. I'm just not sure what rom/kernel combination to try next.
      Hi PolloLoco, I dont think the 720 OC is the default setting when flashing.

Which version do you use on your Windows PC to write the BT host address to your ps3 controller? I used v0.1 the other ones wouldnt work for me.\

[EDIT: Leolas No Overclock 720 frame skip fix, that's the one i've used!]
      Last edited by hispan1c; 08-28-2013, 13:05.

Comment

Originally posted by hispan1c View Post
        Hi, i just installed Finless 1.5 ROM with default flash settings. I installed the Sixaxis Pairing tool apk and granted SU rights. I went to my Windows 8 PC, wrote the BT host address to the PS3 controller, and afterwards it paired flawlessly.

To test it, I have installed Beach Buggy blitz and Shadowgun Deadzone and the controller worked fine in both games!

HavenĀ“t tried my USB headset yet, I need to charge the batteries first. Will report tomorrow!

Hi Bob and hispanc1 and PolloLoco: i installed Finless 1.5 ROM with 1080p non-oc kernal settings. I installed the Sixaxis Pairing tool apk and granted SU rights. I went to my Windows Vista x64 PC, wrote the BT host address to the PS3 controller, and the controller shows the correct BT address and has the same BT address as what it says on the QX-1, and the controller works completely while plugged in, but never has the words connected to controller (as your pic indicated yours did) and the 4 red lights continue to blink and never goes to one red light. That has been my experience. Hope this is helpful somehow. Thanks for trying everyone to help out.
        Last edited by Playonlover; 08-28-2013, 15:23.

Comment

Originally posted by Playonlover View Post
          Hi, hispanc1 i installed Finless 1.5 ROM with 1080p non-oc kernal settings. I installed the Sixaxis Pairing tool apk and granted SU rights. I went to my Windows Vista x64 PC, wrote the BT host address to the PS3 controller, and the controller shows the correct BT address and has the same BT address as what it says on the QX-1, and the controller works completely while plugged in, but never has the words connected to controller (as your pic indicated yours did) and the 4 red lights continue to blink and never goes to one red light. That has been my experience. Hope this is helpful somehow. Thanks for trying everyone to help out.
          When installing sixaxispairtoolsetup though I get this message:

Setup has detected that this computer does not meet the requirement to install this software. The following blocking issues need to be resolved before you can install Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 redistributable setup software package

A newer version of Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 redistributable has been detected on the machine.

then it asks me to repair it to its original state and I choose it to repair it.

the .exe file seems to work, fix this and it installs sixaxis anyway and seems to work by finding the device and pairing it on computer and setting address..I wonder if others are having this experience and it is causing the problem?

My version of sixaxispairitoolsetup.exe is: 0.2.3 I believe, I also tried the version 1.0 and it worked the same way as 0.2.3

also the Qx-1 when running the start on the sixaxis app bluetooth is turned off and the app makes the QX-1 pop up a message that says "Blank Internal Flash-- Internal Flash Blank or has unsupported file system" then "storage safe to remove". The app says listening for controllers and bluetooth successfully configured..but no controller found. My controller, that I set the BT address on with Windows Computer has the same addr4ss as the Sixaxis controller app on QX-1 says it should have...but it will not connect.

When I go into Storage on the QX-1 it says my nand flash is no longer mounted too! It is like the QX-1 believes my NandFlash is to be turned off like the bluetooth gets turned off when the App is started???
          Last edited by Playonlover; 08-28-2013, 15:12.

Comment

Originally posted by hispan1c View Post
            Hi PolloLoco, I dont think the 720 OC is the default setting when flashing.

Which version do you use on your Windows PC to write the BT host address to your ps3 controller? I used v0.1 the other ones wouldnt work for me.\

[EDIT: Leolas No Overclock 720 frame skip fix, that's the one i've used!]
            I'll try the no overclock rom tonight. I hope I get my nand flash back.

I'm not sure which version of the pc sixaxis tool I have - but I'm sure that's not the problem since I've used it to pair my PS3 controller to my Uhost 2 (RK3066). For some reason - the QX1 hasn't yet worked - and it's surprising because you're apparently the only one it worked for.

Comment

I'll try the no overclock rom tonight. I hope I get my nand flash back.

I'm not sure which version of the pc sixaxis tool I have - but I'm sure that's not the problem since I've used it to pair my PS3 controller to my Uhost 2 (RK3066). For some reason - the QX1 hasn't yet worked - and it's surprising because you're apparently the only one it worked for.
              pollo..go to storage and click mount nandflash and it is back...no?

Comment

pollo..go to storage and click mount nandflash and it is back...no?
                I tried that already, it didn't work. That's why I hope that flashing a new ROM/Kernel combo will bring it back. I'll use 1.5, 720P no OC tonight.

Comment

The problem is not the signal quality bluetooth?

I also suffered from problems with lags bluetooth, ps3 controller working with a long delay. I took apart imito, and soldered homemade antenna on board. Problems solved.

You can check the signal quality through the program bluetooth signal
                  A good signal is less than -45 dB

I left for ps3 controller problem with the emulation of touch.

Comment

So I've made some progress in figuring out rom/kernel combinations in regards to bluetooth. Last night I installed Finless 1.5 stock - that is to say using the basic setup, 720P Kernel nonOC with the Leolas frameskip fix.

The result is that bluetooth went back to being buggy. Outside of searching immediately upon starting bluetooth, clicking on "search for devices" - didn't actually do anything. The device didn't try and immediately reported no devices found. It also took 2 attempts to pair my generic bluetooth gamepad. Of course - Sixaxis didn't work, even though the compatibility checker says that it would.

Here's the summary of my tests so far:

1. Finless 1.5 - Leolas 1080P OC Kernel: Buggy bluetooth, no sixaxis.
                    2. Finless 1.4 - Leolas 720P OC Kernel: Good bluetooth, no sixaxis.
                    3. Finless 1.5 - Leolas 720P non-OC Kernel: Buggy bluetooth, no sixaxis.

This might suggest that something got worse in Finless 1.5 as regards bluetooth? Are there any other tests I should do?

In the end, I can live with poor bluetooth support - but it's making the device seem like a not-so clear upgrade on my RK3066 Uhost2. There I had great bluetooth support, no lag even with audio during HD video playback. The device is definitely faster - and 1080P looks beautiful, but based on the MK808B experience - it seems like Finless' ROM would get an RK3066 device close.

Comment

So I've made some progress in figuring out rom/kernel combinations in regards to bluetooth. Last night I installed Finless 1.5 stock - that is to say using the basic setup, 720P Kernel nonOC with the Leolas frameskip fix.

The result is that bluetooth went back to being buggy. Outside of searching immediately upon starting bluetooth, clicking on "search for devices" - didn't actually do anything. The device didn't try and immediately reported no devices found. It also took 2 attempts to pair my generic bluetooth gamepad. Of course - Sixaxis didn't work, even though the compatibility checker says that it would.

Here's the summary of my tests so far:

1. Finless 1.5 - Leolas 1080P OC Kernel: Buggy bluetooth, no sixaxis.
                      2. Finless 1.4 - Leolas 720P OC Kernel: Good bluetooth, no sixaxis.
                      3. Finless 1.5 - Leolas 720P non-OC Kernel: Buggy bluetooth, no sixaxis.

This might suggest that something got worse in Finless 1.5 as regards bluetooth? Are there any other tests I should do?

In the end, I can live with poor bluetooth support - but it's making the device seem like a not-so clear upgrade on my RK3066 Uhost2. There I had great bluetooth support, no lag even with audio during HD video playback. The device is definitely faster - and 1080P looks beautiful, but based on the MK808B experience - it seems like Finless' ROM would get an RK3066 device close.
                      Thanks for your efforts Pollo. my experience is same as yours and I only installed #1 above. If only I knew what setting is different for Hispan1 who says it pairs for him. He is the only one working among many people which relate the same problems. very odd.

Comment

Re: Sixaxis and Bluetooth in General - fixes for finless 1.6 ROM

Thanks for your efforts Pollo. my experience is same as yours and I only installed #1 above. If only I knew what setting is different for Hispan1 who says it pairs for him. He is the only one working among many people which relate the same problems. very odd.
                        There are more people who got the ps3 controller working on the QX1. Look at aries-soft post a few posts before. He just reports lag. I dont suffer lag because im pretty close to the TV/QX1 when gaming.

Comment

Originally posted by aries-soft View Post
                          I also suffered from problems with lags bluetooth, ps3 controller working with a long delay. I took apart imito, and soldered homemade antenna on board. Problems solved.

You can check the signal quality through the program bluetooth signal
                          A good signal is less than -45 dB

I left for ps3 controller problem with the emulation of touch.
                          do you have pictures of that?

or does anyone know a bluetooth stick that for sure works on an android stick?

i also have very poor (=stay in 1 metre or it doesn't work) bluetooth signal. With bluetooth mini keyboard+touchpad its not workable.

(on stock and on finless 1.4a (with 1080p OC))

Comment

The different responses have me wondering if there are two hardware versions of the QX1? One of the reasons I originally ordered this device, was that it was supposed to feature seperate bluetooth and wifi chips. I wonder if that's changed . . .

Besides the test above, I used Leolas' suggestion and flashed default Finless 1.5 - but I flashed the boot image from Leolas ROM. That changed nothing - Finless 1.5 was still extremely buggy and wouldn't initiate new bluetooth searches.

Right now - I've given up Sixaxis support, at least until another ROM or suggested fix is proposed. I've gone to 1.4a, and for bluetooth gaming I'm using my generic Ipega controller. The range is still not great though - anything above 6 feet is questionable at best.

Comment

Working...
                            X