H96 Mini Amlogic S905W

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

H96 Mini Amlogic S905W

H96 mini TV Box Amlogic S905W 2GB RAM + 16GB ROM 2.4G + 5G WiFi BT 4.0 Support 4K H.265

Click image for larger version  Name:	20180611184830_56249.jpg Views:	1 Size:	107.4 KB ID:	738652
    Click image for larger version  Name:	image_33343.jpg Views:	1 Size:	116.8 KB ID:	730739
    Specification
    Model: H96 mini
    Type: TV Box
    GPU: Mali-450 MP
    System: Android 7.1
    CPU: Amlogic S905W
    Core: 2.0GHz,Cortex A53,Quad Core
    RAM: 2G
    RAM Type: DDR3
    ROM: 16G
    Max. Extended Capacity: TF card up to 32GB (not included)
    TV Box Features: 5G WiFi
    Decoder Format: H.264,H.265
    Video format: AVI,DAT,H.264,H.265,ISO,MKV,MOV,MPEG,MPEG-4,VP9 Profile-2,WMV
    Audio format: AAC,FLAC,MP3,OGG,WMA
    Photo Format: BMP,GIF,JPEG,JPG,PNG,TIFF
    Support 5.1 Surround Sound Output: Yes
    5G WiFi: Yes
    WIFI: 802.11 a/b/g/n
    Bluetooth: Bluetooth4.0
    Power Supply: Charge Adapter
    Interface: AV,DC Power Port,HDMI,RJ45,TF card,USB2.0
    Language: Multi-language
    HDMI Version: 2.0
    Other Functions: Airplay,Others
    RJ45 Port Speed: 10/100Mbps
    System Bit: 64Bit
    Power Type: External Power Adapter Mode
    Product weight: 0.0900 kg
    Package weight: 0.3400 kg
    Product size (L x W x H): 10.00 x 10.00 x 1.80 cm / 3.94 x 3.94 x 0.71 inches
    Package size (L x W x H): 17.80 x 11.00 x 6.30 cm / 7.01 x 4.33 x 2.48 inches
    Package Contents: 1 x TV Box, 1 x Remote Control, 1 x HDMI Cable, 1 x Power Adapter, 1 x English Manual
    GEEKBUYING
    Last edited by trebor; 08-10-2018, 04:44.
    treboR
    Please consider
    Donating to Freaktab

H96 Mini Amlogic S905W 2GB/16GB Android 7.1.2 Dual Band WIFI Bluetooth LAN

Amlogic S905W
    H96 Mini comes with S905W CPU which is a high performance Quad core chipset which is known for a maximum clock speed of up to 1.5GHz. Apps will never run so smoothly in other chipset devices. People can easily enjoy many hot games and APKs with its 2GB RAM and 16GB Flash ROM.

Android 7.1.2 Nougat
    Android 7.1.2, the most professional and newest operating system of Android box.

2GB RAM, eMMC 16GB
    It boasts 2GB RAM and eMMC 16GB Flash, advantageous in performance, security and reliability, ascribing to the eMMC memory, ultimately delivering a richer end-user experience.

IEEE 802.11b/g/n,2.4G/5G dual-band WIFI
    IEEE 802.11B/G/N, one of the wireless networking standards in 802.11 family, is developed in the IEEE Standards Association process for the purpose of high-throughput wireless local area networks (WLANs) on the 5 GHz band.

4K Resolution
    The latest in a line of broadcast and media resolutions, 4K is due to replace 1080p as the highest-resolution signal available for in-home movies and television. With a minimum resolution of 3,840 pixels wide and 2,160 pixels high, making it the equivalent to two 1080p screens in height and two in length.

Thanks to Geekbuyingtoday we can have a close look at the H96 MINI 905W another in the many of 905w that exist today.

The Box:

Contents of the Box:

Ports: Back

Ports: Side

Remove the base:

Underneath

TopSide:

Case:

Geekbuying
    Last edited by trebor; 08-10-2018, 04:45.
    treboR
    Please consider
    Donating to Freaktab

Comment

To continue small unit is performing as well as a 905w.

Has Root access with SU

Upper and Lower task/notification bar as you will see in the following pictures

Only Error I am seeing is WIFI and Ethernet have a ! and mentions no internet connections but all is working
      Has Both 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz WiFi, and BT detecting fine

Set up of Google account, downloads Apps and updates all good.

Let's have a look

UI and Installed apps:

System Info

DRM Info L3

Ram and Storage Truth

WiFi and Ethernet, note error being displayer top right icons

CPU-Z

Geekbench CPU:

http://browser.geekbench.com/v4/cpu/9035405

Geekbench Compute:

SD Card Test

Geekbuying
      Last edited by trebor; 08-10-2018, 04:45.
      treboR
      Please consider
      Donating to Freaktab

Comment

And as we all like to see a bootanimation

treboR
        Please consider
        Donating to Freaktab

Comment

Great information. I have one of these on the way and should be here in few days. I was wondering about the heat sink setup. I am going to drill a few holes in the top of the box as I have done for several others....makes a big difference to cpu temps.

Does anyone know what TWRP version works with this box? I see it is listed as p281. Maybe the 3.11 version listed an the atvXperience thread may work.

Hopefully we can compile some info here on compatible/custom/stock firmware files here.

Comment

Heat was not a problem as yet, but if concerned cant hurt,
            Neat unit does as a 905w can,
            treboR
            Please consider
            Donating to Freaktab

Comment

Originally posted by trebor View Post
              Heat was not a problem as yet, but if concerned cant hurt,
              Neat unit does as a 905w can,
              Hi Trebor.

A im bricked my h96 mini.

using supersu boot loop

Would you have some recovery or twrp method?

Comment

• trebor
                trebor commented
                Editing a comment
                As yet no..

Hi.

I also need an img file to flash to a bricked box. It seems that this model gets on boot loop very easily.

Thanks.

Comment

Is there any compatible firmware (in IMG format) for this S905W box that I can flash via USB Burning Tool? Is this box a clone of any other?

It sucks to have this box bricked when I already unbricked so many Android box before. I just need a suitable firmware...

Comment

I am interested in custom or alternative fw too!

Anyone tried TX3 MAX firmware?

Comment

@those who got abricked box: I succesfully flashed X96w+ (1/8, BT) with TX3 Max firmware. Runs smooth but I will swap that device because 1/8, H96 mini is 2/16.

So why not give it a try. My h96 mini will arrive in aprox. 3 weeks...

TX3Max-20171228_bluetooth.img

Dear folks, just received a X96w plus with bluetooth and I wonder if there is a TWRP recovery for this device? Anyone could share his experience with this device?

Comment

Maybe you could try the AdvXperience firmware for S905W. When I got my box I tried to do a TWRP backup with the version they recommend but it wouldn't boot into twrp. I didn't try using the reset button. I check every few days for a flashable firmware file for this box, but I have had no luck so far. If I had a proven backup I would try to flash the ADV rom, It looks slick.

Comment

Today I was ready to bring the box back to life and tried the 2 different firmwares for S905W you guys recommended (ATVX and Poison),

Since I said goodbye to Windows a long time ago and use Linux, I used the Linux version of USB Burning Tool with this command: ./aml-flash --img=atvXperience_v2C.img --soc=gxl --wipe --reset=n --parts=all

First tries were unsuccessful, the box wasn't recognized: "Amlogic device not found"

So I had to open the box very carefully with a knife (it doesn't have screws) and short the pins of the Samsung NAND chip.

Now I could finally flash both firmwares...

Rebooting the board ........[OK]
                        Unpacking image [OK]
                        Initializing ddr ........[OK]
                        Running u-boot ........[OK]
                        Create partitions [OK]
                        Writing device tree [OK]
                        Writing bootloader [OK]
                        Wiping data partition [OK]
                        Wiping cache partition [OK]
                        Writing boot partition [OK]
                        Writing logo partition [OK]
                        Writing recovery partition [OK]
                        Writing system partition [OK]

However the final result wasn't great. I can now flash any firmware without the need to short the NAND pins, but when I turn on the box it always stays stuck on the logo...

Any ideas guys? ATVX and Poison roms have nice logos, but I'm tired of looking at them.

Comment

you flashed TX3 MAX?

Comment

The last firmware I flashed was the Dual OS (Android + LibreELEC) for TX3: http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-...-android-s905w

I found out that the box isn't completely bricked, but extremely slow that's useless. I can boot into recovery by pressing the reset button inside the AV hole if I wait several minutes (instead of seconds as usual).

I was able to enter into TWRP and it took all night to restore a 3 GB backup I had made, when normally it just takes a few minutes.

This all began when by mistake I flashed Magisk via the stock recovery, instead of TWRP as I usually do. I do this because If I don't the stock root doesn't work with AdAway.

Now it doesn't matter which firmware I flash, it takes hours to boot...

If I find the solution to this I'll share it in here.

Comment

Working...
                            X