Where are changed settings stored?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where are changed settings stored?

I have an MXQ Pro Quick Play (S905). When changes are made via the "Settings" UI, where does Android store those changes (so they're preserved on reboot)?

Originally posted by jamaroney View Post
    I have an MXQ Pro Quick Play (S905). When changes are made via the "Settings" UI, where does Android store those changes (so they're preserved on reboot)?
    Various locations. Ti backup can store them for you. Most all of the settings are in the data/data databases for the android system. Though current wallpaper is stored in cache.

Comment

Thanks - let me be more specific. Via the UI, I changed the video resolution from its default, but when I scoured the databases afterward I couldn't find any relevant settings, default or otherwise. I then used Root Explorer to search for all files that had just recently changed, but came up w/ nothing applicable. Clearly, the changed info must be stored somewhere, otherwise it would revert to default on reboot. But I haven't found it.

Given that the location of stored settings files varies among different Android devices, I was hoping that another user of the same or similar device might have dabbled in this area.

Comment

Some of the display settings are written in cache. Like if I boot into twrp from an utility app, and boot to system after completing twrp, my position settings revert to stock, and go back to the default to auto adjust best resolution. Once I go and adjust position and set my display to 1080p, the default auto adjust best resolution, changes automatically back to my setting of disabled.

So, if cache you will need to backup all of the settings cache as well.

Comment

Working...
        X