• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Android TV update for wasser firmware 3.0.6

Hi, guys!

Here is the Android TV update for great wasser 3.0.6 fw:

Google Disk

Click image for larger version  Name:	device-2018-10-01-215248.png Views:	1 Size:	327.7 KB ID:	746990Click image for larger version  Name:	device-2018-10-01-215313.png Views:	1 Size:	354.7 KB ID:	746991Click image for larger version  Name:	device-2018-10-01-215352.png Views:	1 Size:	94.7 KB ID:	746992

What changed:

- spoof as Nexus Player for Google Play
    - russian translation update in Android Settings and framework-res.apk
    - Android TV UI sounds
    - DPI set to 293 (align 2-line cards to bottom screen edge)
    - Google boot animation
    - LeanKey Keyboard Pro as default keyboard
    - Leanback Settings launcher row: Settings / Reboot / Shutdown
    - added AppDrawer for mobile launch intents
    - disabled navigation bar
    - initial settings scripts in /system/etc/init.d
    - AceStream autostart (remove file autostart.acestream at /sdcard/IPTV to disable)
    - updated Superuser, busybox and timezones
    - custom background in Leanback Launcher and AppsDrawer
    - new NFS automount script (configured via /sdcard/IPTV/autostart.nfsmount file contents)
    - removed useless permissions (Play Store compatibility with TV apps)
    - custom TV settings (mainly for Wi-Fi icon on Home screen and Search and Home screen setup)

Network install (via adb):

Linux / macOS

- download ATV_update_EN.zip and install script adb_update.sh to same folder on PC
    - rename ATV_update_EN.zip to ATV_update.zip
    * script adb_update.sh and archive ATV_update.zip must be in same folder
    - change permissions for adb_update.sh: chmod 755 adb_update.sh
    - run adb_update.sh and enter IP of your device

Windows

- download ATV_update_EN.zip and adb_update.win.zip
    - extract contents of adb_update.win.zip to ATV_update.zip location
    * script adb_update.cmd and archive ATV_update.zip must be in same folder
    - run adb_update.cmd and enter IP of your device

* script will ask IP-address to connect and will launch update process on success
    * network copy over adb is slow: after message [1] Copy archive to device...
    there will be no other new messages for a long time (5-10-15 minutes).
    Be patient - wait for [4] ... message and "DONE"!

Recommendations:

- make full device reset via Android Settings after update (all data on internal storage will be erased)

- disable Google Play Store autoupdate and keep original Android TV launcher and YouTube for Android TV:
    new versions from Store have issues (no recommendations in Launcher and sound problems in YouTube 2.x)
    * you can update all other apps

Have fun!
    Last edited by tsynik; 10-01-2018, 20:00.

​​​​​​excellent. Today I will install a fresh update. settings look like on amlogic спасибо за работу!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Danilasib View Post
      settings look like on amlogic
      Thanks for feedback. Yup, it's amlogic port with disabled hw parts and removed shared system user, as a base was Magendanz ATV ROM for Mini M8S.

Comment

People still use rk3188 that was discontinued 4 years ago? Even tv's have better built-in media players today.

But good work on keeping old devices alive.

Comment

Originally posted by mo123 View Post
          People still use rk3188 that was discontinued 4 years ago? Even tv's have better built-in media players today.

But good work on keeping old devices alive.
          In my case it's compact TV stick (Measy U4B clone) with Q5-m AirMouse, and it is more responsive than MXQ Pro 4K on s905 (2GB RAM vs 1GB on MXQ) and have better Wi-Fi performance (on 5GHz). Probably ideal for Full HD live TV streaming, and can be attached to any tv with USB on th back without power adapter.

Comment

• mo123
            mo123 commented
            Editing a comment
            That makes sense since it's a quality device and compact. RK3188 device I used had fake 2GB RAM(only 1 GB), overheating and constant wifi disconnections so that's why my experience was not so good.

updated. excellent!
          You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Originally posted by mo123 View Post
            People still use rk3188 that was discontinued 4 years ago?.
            The X7 is still a pretty decent box. It has RJ45, 3 x USB and it can do 1080p video and 5.1 passthrough. I had an exellent specimen, even. It ran happily with 1920 cpu, 800 ddr, 798 gpu clocks. I still have it somewhere, but currently it's all NVidia Shield for me.

If it had an OpenElec (or any other Linux) port, I'd probably be using it today.
            NVidia Shield TV 2015 16 GB || Stock
            NVidia Shield TV 2017 16 GB || Stock
            Buy me a beer?

Comment

This was cool.
              A few hurdles, though. I am listing them below, as they might help someone, should the links from freak-tab.de go again.

1. adb could not connect over WiFi, out of the box, and it was problematic for me to connect USB to the box, to exchange the public_key as I could not use a Laptop
              To resolve the issue, I had to
              1. Root the Device (there is plenty of info on KingoApp.apk)
              2. Download Wifi adb to enable the adb over WiFi to be enabled in an easier way
              3. Transfer public keys from my iMAC into Android (see the comment in this link from Isuru Samarasinghe, as, although I could connect to the device from my MAC, the device showed up as "offline", if I sent the command "adb devices" from my MAC
              4. Once the file (ATV_update.zip) was transferred to the box, over adb, the adb_update.sh batch file could not perform actions 2.3.4. as there was no unzip file on the box
                1. To workaround that,
                  1. I downloaded a Terminal Emulator to the box
                  2. I transferred the zip file to a visible location for ROOT (/sdcard/Download)
                  3. I downloaded an unzip app and unzipped the files "update.sh" and the kernel image onto a folder under /sdcard/Download
                  4. I moved the two files in the /data/local/tmp folder
                  5. Finally I chmod the update.sh batch file and then run it with the "sh update.sh" command, under the terminal emulator in the box, as root
              After all of that, the box rebooted, the apps updated themselves, on boot. So I thought it had all worked, except that the img was still Android 4.4.2, and, on top of that, Apart from the left side of the mouse of the wireless Logitech keyboard, the keyboard could not be used any longer, nor the wireless one nor the virtual one on screen. So no WiFi credentials could be entered.

In summary, the method proposed in this post did not work for me, despite all the workaround.
              Possibly the issue is that, GDRIVE link above there are 2 zip files ATV-update_EN.zip (~254MB) and ATV-update.zip (~527MB) files
              In the procedure from tsynik, I had assumed the smaller file was to be adb-ed to the box. Maybe it was the other one - Confusing!
              Sending the big file across Wifi took some time (the smaller file), so I did not try to upload the second one across.

Luckily I had managed, in the mean time, to get access to the Wasser 3.0.6 img, and I put that into the box and I have 5.1.1 right now, with lots of apks which I could not run before.
              I have not updated the new kernel yet, to overclock, but I think I will do that, as the video quality is not that great, though the box is quick.

Comment

Originally posted by Alex Keil View Post
                [*]Root the Device (there is plenty of info on KingoApp.apk)
                wasser 3.0.6 fw already have root preinstalled

[*]Once the file (ATV_update.zip) was transferred to the box, over adb, the adb_update.sh batch file could not perform actions 2.3.4. as there was no unzip file on the box[LIST=1]
                the same for unzip routine: wasser 3.0.6 have busybox1.12 and busybox preinstalled it /system/bin, so unzip used from that binaries

In summary, the method proposed in this post did not work for me, despite all the workaround.
                Possibly the issue is that, GDRIVE link above there are 2 zip files ATV-update_EN.zip (~254MB) and ATV-update.zip (~527MB) files
                In the procedure from tsynik, I had assumed the smaller file was to be adb-ed to the box. Maybe it was the other one - Confusing!
                Both archives can be installed over adb or local install, RU version just have default language set to RU in build.prop and have bunch of additional APKs for local videos etc

Try to update to ATV over adb on actual wasser 3.0.6 image, i uploaded it to the same GDrive folder. File for flash via RK Batch Tool is wasser-3.0.6-minix-x7-rk3188.7z (wasser-3.0.6-minix-x7-rk3188.img after extraction)

Comment

Originally posted by tsynik View Post
                  Hi, guys!

Here is the Android TV update for great wasser 3.0.6 fw:

Google Disk

Click image for larger version Name:	device-2018-10-01-215248.png Views:	1 Size:	327.7 KB ID:	746990Click image for larger version Name:	device-2018-10-01-215313.png Views:	1 Size:	354.7 KB ID:	746991Click image for larger version Name:	device-2018-10-01-215352.png Views:	1 Size:	94.7 KB ID:	746992

What changed:

- spoof as Nexus Player for Google Play
                  - russian translation update in Android Settings and framework-res.apk
                  - Android TV UI sounds
                  - DPI set to 293 (align 2-line cards to bottom screen edge)
                  - Google boot animation
                  - LeanKey Keyboard Pro as default keyboard
                  - Leanback Settings launcher row: Settings / Reboot / Shutdown
                  - added AppDrawer for mobile launch intents
                  - disabled navigation bar
                  - initial settings scripts in /system/etc/init.d
                  - AceStream autostart (remove file autostart.acestream at /sdcard/IPTV to disable)
                  - updated Superuser, busybox and timezones
                  - custom background in Leanback Launcher and AppsDrawer
                  - new NFS automount script (configured via /sdcard/IPTV/autostart.nfsmount file contents)
                  - removed useless permissions (Play Store compatibility with TV apps)
                  - custom TV settings (mainly for Wi-Fi icon on Home screen and Search and Home screen setup)

Network install (via adb):

Linux / macOS

- download ATV_update_EN.zip and install script adb_update.sh to same folder on PC
                  * script adb_update.sh and archive ATV_update.zip must be in same folder
                  - change permissions for adb_update.sh: chmod 755 adb_update.sh
                  - run adb_update.sh and enter IP of your device

Windows

* script adb_update.cmd and archive ATV_update.zip must be in same folder
                  - run adb_update.cmd and enter IP of your device

* script will ask IP-address to connect and will launch update process on success
                  * network copy over adb is slow: after message [1] Copy archive to device...
                  there will be no other new messages for a long time (5-10-15 minutes).
                  Be patient - wait for [4] ... message and "DONE"!

Recommendations:

- make full device reset via Android Settings after update (all data on internal storage will be erased)

- disable Google Play Store autoupdate and keep original Android TV launcher and YouTube for Android TV:
                  new versions from Store have issues (no recommendations in Launcher and sound problems in YouTube 2.x)
                  * you can update all other apps

Have fun!
                  Can you make a video?

Comment

Originally posted by Danilasib View Post
                    updated. excellent!
                    Can you provide a way to update the image?

Comment

Originally posted by khanhsac View Post
                      Can you give me instructions on how to update my image?
                      You need to install wasser 3.0.6 firmware (if not installed already)
                      And just download, extract and run adb_update.cmd on PC after

Comment

Hi tsynik,

After installation RemoteControlService isn't running.
                        From logs:
                        W/PackageManager( 413): Failed to parse /system/priv-app/RemoteControlService: Signature mismatch for shared user : SharedUserSetting{c5d1696 android.uid.system/1000}

I'v found that classed.dex inside apk not signed:
                        Last edited by welder_pb; 11-17-2018, 14:29.

Comment

Originally posted by welder_pb View Post
                          Hi tsynik,
                          After installation RemoteControlService isn't running.
                          From logs:
                          W/PackageManager( 413): Failed to parse /system/priv-app/RemoteControlService: Signature mismatch for shared user : SharedUserSetting{c5d1696 android.uid.system/1000}

I'v found that classed.dex inside apk not signed:
                          This apk is useless as RemoteControl doesn't work on Wasser. It can be removed from system.

Comment

Originally posted by tsynik View Post

This apk is useless as RemoteControl doesn't work on Wasser. It can be removed from system.
                            I would like to use Android TV remote control. Is it possible?

Comment

Working...
                            X