This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by welder_pb View Post

I would like to use Android TV remote control. Is it possible?
    Probably not. I didn't find working Google Remote apk for wasser. Google's one uses low level permissions (for bluetooth) and not compatible with shared user uid (it must be signed as rom apks). But there is some alternatives as I know like Cetus Play (server ov waser and client on phone, tablet etc) - it works like a charm and have extended functionality.
    Last edited by tsynik; 11-22-2018, 15:04.

Comment

I loaded this ATV version, and am still not able to use my ipvanish on it. IPvanish would not work on the regular wasser roms either. Anyone else have this issue? Or have a solution?

Comment

Originally posted by tsynik View Post
        Hi, guys!

Here is the Android TV update for great wasser 3.0.6 fw:

Google Disk

Click image for larger version Name:	device-2018-10-01-215248.png Views:	1 Size:	327.7 KB ID:	746990Click image for larger version Name:	device-2018-10-01-215313.png Views:	1 Size:	354.7 KB ID:	746991Click image for larger version Name:	device-2018-10-01-215352.png Views:	1 Size:	94.7 KB ID:	746992

What changed:

- spoof as Nexus Player for Google Play
        - russian translation update in Android Settings and framework-res.apk
        - Android TV UI sounds
        - DPI set to 293 (align 2-line cards to bottom screen edge)
        - Google boot animation
        - LeanKey Keyboard Pro as default keyboard
        - Leanback Settings launcher row: Settings / Reboot / Shutdown
        - added AppDrawer for mobile launch intents
        - disabled navigation bar
        - initial settings scripts in /system/etc/init.d
        - AceStream autostart (remove file autostart.acestream at /sdcard/IPTV to disable)
        - updated Superuser, busybox and timezones
        - custom background in Leanback Launcher and AppsDrawer
        - new NFS automount script (configured via /sdcard/IPTV/autostart.nfsmount file contents)
        - removed useless permissions (Play Store compatibility with TV apps)
        - custom TV settings (mainly for Wi-Fi icon on Home screen and Search and Home screen setup)

Network install (via adb):

Linux / macOS

- download ATV_update_EN.zip and install script adb_update.sh to same folder on PC
        - rename ATV_update_EN.zip to ATV_update.zip
        * script adb_update.sh and archive ATV_update.zip must be in same folder
        - change permissions for adb_update.sh: chmod 755 adb_update.sh
        - run adb_update.sh and enter IP of your device

Windows

- download ATV_update_EN.zip and adb_update.win.zip
        - rename ATV_update_EN.zip to ATV_update.zip
        - extract contents of adb_update.win.zip to ATV_update.zip location
        * script adb_update.cmd and archive ATV_update.zip must be in same folder
        - run adb_update.cmd and enter IP of your device

* script will ask IP-address to connect and will launch update process on success
        * network copy over adb is slow: after message [1] Copy archive to device...
        there will be no other new messages for a long time (5-10-15 minutes).
        Be patient - wait for [4] ... message and "DONE"!

Recommendations:

- make full device reset via Android Settings after update (all data on internal storage will be erased)

- disable Google Play Store autoupdate and keep original Android TV launcher and YouTube for Android TV:
        new versions from Store have issues (no recommendations in Launcher and sound problems in YouTube 2.x)
        * you can update all other apps

Have fun!
        Does the device need to be connected in Android recovery mode? How do i find the ip address of X7?
        Last edited by slowburn81; 03-29-2019, 20:26.

Comment

So just tried Local Install. Device reboots automatically before i could do a system reset and stuck on the Wasser loading animation. Tried to do factory reset using the rest switch but still the same. Any ideas?

Comment

I'm already running Wasser 3.0.6.

What are the pros and cons comparing both these?

Comment

[QUOTE=tsynik;n746983]Hi, guys!

Here is the Android TV update for great wasser 3.0.6 fw:

Google Disk

Click image for larger version Name:	device-2018-10-01-215248.png Views:	1 Size:	327.7 KB ID:	746990Click image for larger version Name:	device-2018-10-01-215313.png Views:	1 Size:	354.7 KB ID:	746991Click image for larger version Name:	device-2018-10-01-215352.png Views:	1 Size:	94.7 KB ID:	746992

What changed:

- spoof as Nexus Player for Google Play
              - russian translation update in Android Settings and framework-res.apk
              - Android TV UI sounds
              - DPI set to 293 (align 2-line cards to bottom screen edge)
              - Google boot animation
              - LeanKey Keyboard Pro as default keyboard
              - Leanback Settings launcher row: Settings / Reboot / Shutdown
              - added AppDrawer for mobile launch intents
              - disabled navigation bar
              - initial settings scripts in /system/etc/init.d
              - AceStream autostart (remove file autostart.acestream at /sdcard/IPTV to disable)
              - updated Superuser, busybox and timezones

great rom, thanks Tsynik. Anyway of doing the same update with Wasser's beelinik R89. Thanks again

Comment

Sorry this link
                version 4.0.11 fixed sound issue for latest RKMC improved stability for the latest RKMC and othe media player apps fixed menu issue in google play video and vlc

Comment

Originally posted by minonano View Post
                  hi Sir!
                  i intall wasser 3.0.6 fw stock 5.1.1 for minix neo x7 after sucess lan not working only wifi active
                  so i can install Network install (via adb)
                  can you have video manual or step by step

thank and best regard!

Comment

Hi all,
                    I try update to android tv, and last commands in CMD was: Cleanup... and Have fun! (not DONE).
                    I can see in my minix only logo wasser still. What I can do?

Comment

Originally posted by Lachty View Post
                      Hi all,
                      I try update to android tv, and last commands in CMD was: Cleanup... and Have fun! (not DONE).
                      I can see in my minix only logo wasser still. What I can do?
                      Is there anyone that could modify this fantastic rom to accept rtl8723bs wifi & bluetooth?
                      I did unpack to boot.img and kernel.img but i cant unpack kernel.img to modify config settings....on system.img there are the rtl8723bs needed files

Enviado desde mi SM-G975F mediante Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by ikerg View Post
                        Is there anyone that could modify this fantastic rom to accept rtl8723bs wifi & bluetooth?
                        I did unpack to boot.img and kernel.img but i cant unpack kernel.img to modify config settings....on system.img there are the rtl8723bs needed files

You can't unpack a kernel, it has to be compiled from source code.
                        You can read here how to compile a kernel for RK3188, perhaps it's useful.
                        But the kernel version and drivers have to be very close to the stock ones otherwise it won't boot.
                        The following are kernels built against Rockchip sources (https://github.com/Dee-UK/D33_KK_Kernel). These are intended to be used with the recent release of

Comment

Originally posted by mo123 View Post

You can't unpack a kernel, it has to be compiled from source code.
                          You can read here how to compile a kernel for RK3188, perhaps it's useful.
                          But the kernel version and drivers have to be very close to the stock ones otherwise it won't boot.
                          https://forum.freaktab.com/forum/tv-...ost#post510934
                          Thank you mo123 but that link is for kitkat kernels....i doenloaded 5.1 rk3188 sdk....and i will.try to.compile by myself (with very limkited knowledge) a kernel. Any tutorial could be fine. Imdo you know a "build you own kernel for dummies" article?

Comment

Working...
                          X