Firmware OTA MECOOL KM9 Android 9

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Guys

Tried updating KM9 Pro 2/16 box to android 10 via the zip from mecool but showed error..

Any adv?

Comment

Hi guys, has anyone tried Geforce now on android box or tv? Am having some issues with it, as while playing a game it freezes and I have to go back into the game! if anyone has any tips to overcome this, will appreciate the help guys.

Sent from my SM-A920F using Tapatalk

Comment

hi friends, the latest Android TV 10.0 version for km9pro and km3 has a problem with the video it freezes and the sound content, the Android TV 10.0 version on km1 is excellent, I hope for an update or a fix by mecool for km3 and km9

Comment

Originally posted by reda6946 View Post
          hi friends, the latest Android TV 10.0 version for km9pro and km3 has a problem with the video it freezes and the sound content, the Android TV 10.0 version on km1 is excellent, I hope for an update or a fix by mecool for km3 and km9
          I've been using the KM3 Android 10 on the KM9 for over a month and haven't had any freezing or sound problems. Only problem I have is not having root.

Comment

Rustdroid, how did you manage to install it, as I don't have the bluetooth remote and can't get past the pairing of the remote any suggestions!

Sent from my SM-A920F using Tapatalk

Comment

You asked me before and I suggested a way that might work, did you try it ? Someone else suggested ways to get past it try that to. Only other way is buy a remote.

Comment

I had to go back to Android 9. I had video playing issues with 10 like other but it only did it for some files.
                will have to wait until a update come out with a fix.
                Just learnt how to get root on 10 from a post on 4pda.

Comment

Originally posted by Rustdroid View Post
                  I installed Android 10 on my Mecool km9
                  install this via USB burn tool
                  https://drive.google.com/file/d/1BUj...3nA3aJpsg/view

Then install this via update app
                  I followed this and everything including wifi appears to be working. Although, I can't seem to get root. Trying to install magisk 22 with no luck.

Anyone have instructions on how to root this?
                  Last edited by Vandetta; 03-12-2021, 00:29.

Comment

Originally posted by Vandetta View Post

I followed this and everything including wifi appears to be working. Although, I can't seem to get root. Trying to install magisk 22 with no luck.

Anyone have instructions on how to root this?
                    Head over to the KM3 thread they are talking about how you root android 10.
                    MECOOL KM3 Android 9.0 Voice Control TV Box: Google Certificated: Amlogic S905X2 Android 9.0 DDR4 4/64GB ROM Dual WiFi BT 4.1 USB 3.0 Support 4K https://i.imgur.com/xaI5X6s.png CPU Amlogic S905X2 Quad core ARM Cortex-A53 CPU GPU Mail-G31 MP2 GPU SDRAM 4GB LPDDR4 FLASH 64GB Flash WiFi Built in 2.4G/5G 2T2R WiFi Support IEEE

Comment

Thanks Rustdroid, especially for the guide. I was able to upgrade my km9 boxes to atv 10- I would have gotten stuck but I had a bluetooth remote from an M8S pro L box lying around. I had these boxes collecting dust since I was never able to root them- I just stuck with buying more M8S pro L boxes. Recently I've been buying up the a95x f3 air boxes and putting slimbox on them but they're sold out everywhere now.

Anyway I was thinking of going with this method to root it: https://n33yo4qeu5npszszm25lug4gam-a...#entry85821993

What method did you use to root yours? Also I couldn't tell from the 4dpa forum, but were those files you posted for atv 10 the most current still as of today?

Comment

Thanks Rustdroid, especially for the guide. I was able to upgrade my km9 boxes to atv 10- I would have gotten stuck but I had a bluetooth remote from an M8S pro L box lying around. I had these boxes collecting dust since I was never able to root them- I just stuck with buying more M8S pro L boxes. Recently I've been buying up the a95x f3 air boxes and putting slimbox on them but they're sold out everywhere now.

Anyway I was thinking of going with this method to root it: https://n33yo4qeu5npszszm25lug4gam-a...#entry85821993

What method did you use to root yours? Also I couldn't tell from the 4dpa forum, but were those files you posted for atv 10 the most current still as of today?
                        Okay I have just been using my KM9 since it came out, I'm not sure what box i will get next. As long as it works i won't bother with getting another one.

To root mine i used this guide on 4pda https://4pda.ru/forum/index.php?show...entry101121274
                        Use translate and follow the instructions carefully. Those files i posted are the most current.

There are a few problems with 10 sometimes i will get a video file that won't play so i have to use MxPlayer Pro using software mode but not often.
                        You will just have to try it yourself and see how it goes.

Comment

The files in that post appear to be offline for rooting ATV 10. I saw there were versions of ATV 9 that were pre-rooted but I'm not sure which one would work on the KM9. Is the version of ATV 9 you're running pre-rooted?

Otherwise ATV 10 is running perfectly- what files didn't play? I'm using the regular steaming apps and so far mxplayer is working. The only thing I notice on this ATV10 rom is that firefox does not work and is rendering pages incorrectly.

Comment

The files in that post appear to be offline for rooting ATV 10. I saw there were versions of ATV 9 that were pre-rooted but I'm not sure which one would work on the KM9. Is the version of ATV 9 you're running pre-rooted?

Otherwise ATV 10 is running perfectly- what files didn't play? I'm using the regular steaming apps and so far mxplayer is working. The only thing I notice on this ATV10 rom is that firefox does not work and is rendering pages incorrectly.
                            Go here and look under Firmware, then look under via usb burning tool. I used the one from 12/11/2019 pre rooted km9 pro deluxe. I like stock though, you can try any there and see what you like best.

Just some x264 files that have a different codec didn't work and some YouTube formats but I fixed that by using Smart tube next.

Comment

Originally posted by Rustdroid View Post

Go here and look under Firmware, then look under via usb burning tool. I used the one from 12/11/2019 pre rooted km9 pro deluxe. I like stock though, you can try any there and see what you like best.

Just some x264 files that have a different codec didn't work and some YouTube formats but I fixed that by using Smart tube next.
                              After a bit more reading. The files are probably online, I just can't access them. I don't think I can get passed the image capture screen anyway because of the russian because I can't translate that picture.

Any chance you could post the firmware here? I would stick with ATV 9 pre-rooted. IPTV Smarters works but I notice just some issues with firefox, I would rather a stable rooted rom.

Like I said I was using the m8s pro l boxes for the longest. Then I bought a couple of these, but since I could not root them, I shelved them for over a year. I have 6 of these boxes: https://androidpctv.com/review-a95x-f3-opinion/ with the mx6 remotes. They are perfect with the slimbox rom.

I just want to get these KM9 boxes up and running on a rooted rom. If you could point me in the right direction or post the rooted ATV 9 rom here it would be much appreciated.

Comment

Here is a link for the files needed to root Android 10

Just follow the instructions in the readme file.
                                Here is the link for pre rooted Android 9

Follow the instructions in that zip to.

Comment

Working...
                                X