Requests for new settings Finless 1.5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Requests for new settings Finless 1.5

Hello I would like to know what setting option should be added to the new settings, I also like to know if there are any setting option that not be need. When I have all this clear, I'll work on it.

Next7P

Hi, Miklaus,
    I heard you're doing good things for new flashes -- thanks, in anticipation. To help me think about your request could you describe what's possible? EG, can you extend the list of Settings?

Items off the top are: changing America/Los_Angeles to my time zone (I use New York, but there are 24 choices); and defaulting a check mark for Applications - Unknown sources (hard to see that any flasher wouldn't). Also I think defaulting USB debugging has already been done?

My N7P is labelled by the maker with s/n yf1211; but I found that Finless' #1211 ROM had no audio and many FCs; I've run Finless' #1011 both 1.3 and 1.4 without those problems. AND because of that big difference, I edited Build number to say Finless_#1011_v1.3 -- as a reminder. Forum comments say I'm not alone.

One brand new idea is open space(s) for owner use -- eg, fone or email if found by some honest soul? I did that with a text file (which is easily erased).

Thanks for you efforts on this.

Rob
    Rob / jrm
    N7P rooted w/ Finless #1011V1.5 (was V1.4)

Comment

Need an option to turn off 3G, or have it completely removed from the ROM. The stock ROM has 3G built in, even though there is no way for the Nextbook 7 to connect through 3G. Another case of the maker just slapping a ROM on a cheap device it isn't optimized for. Anyway, the Nextbook burns a lot of battery juice searching out a 3G connection. I use a 3rd party battery app to stop this, but it would be nice if that app wasn't needed.

Comment

Originally posted by ZonaMojo View Post
        Need an option to turn off 3G, or have it completely removed from the ROM. The stock ROM has 3G built in, even though there is no way for the Nextbook 7 to connect through 3G. Another case of the maker just slapping a ROM on a cheap device it isn't optimized for. Anyway, the Nextbook burns a lot of battery juice searching out a 3G connection. I use a 3rd party battery app to stop this, but it would be nice if that app wasn't needed.
        That's a fascinating question. N7P reports batt use on fone radio, but impossible without hardware. I wonder if it's a proxy from time running radio search software, versus actual measuring of amps on hardware? Without wifi on, N7P reports, eg, 80% Cell standby and 20% Display. I've tried disabling apk for phone / other, but it seemed other apk are related, like contacts. Also, a time proxy would distort all other percentages too. My bottom line is low priority if all batt reporting is off kilter. (That raises the general question: are amps measured at all? or is software comparing some theoretical batt amp-hours against time cpu running?)

@ZonaMojo, Which apk "stops" 3g search? Do they say in blurbs about amps running 3g hardware vs amps running software?
        Rob / jrm
        N7P rooted w/ Finless #1011V1.5 (was V1.4)

Comment

You can't remove the phone.apk. It at worst has caused my tablet to boot loop, and at best causes other apps to crash. I use Battery Doctor to turn 3G off. I don't recall which app I used to check battery usuage, since I uninstalled it once I realized it offered no way to turn off 3G. It did show active radio signals searhing for a 3G.

Sent from NB7 Finless 1.4 via Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
          X