Polaroid S10...root???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jimwallcft View Post
    Download the new software update from Southern Telecom as it contains Google Play

and flash the tablet. Be sure to save anything you wish to keep as this update will erase the tablet. Then follow directions from link below:

http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.php?8478-How-to-root-Polaroid-S8-S10-gt-TUT-lt

I will be releasing an S10 pre-rooted image soon. It will have identical options as the AS8 images I released - Google-updated, pre-rooted, TWRP, performance tweaks... Currently, I am working on the final touches for an image for the S7.. The S10 will follow the S7..

Comment

awesome

Originally posted by guessyet View Post
      I will be releasing an S10 pre-rooted image soon. It will have identical options as the AS8 images I released - Google-updated, pre-rooted, TWRP, performance tweaks... Currently, I am working on the final touches for an image for the S7.. The S10 will follow the S7..
      I will def try for s10 then cuz right now its slow n lagy with stock 4.2.2 with Google play. If it works well I'll even make a small donation for all your time & effort. Much thanks Ron. :-)

Comment

Re: Polaroid S10...root???

Originally posted by jimwallcft View Post
        Download the new software update from Southern Telecom as it contains Google Play

and flash the tablet. Be sure to save anything you wish to keep as this update will erase the tablet. Then follow directions from link below:

http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.php?8478-How-to-root-Polaroid-S8-S10-gt-TUT-lt
        Did you read my post incorrectly or just not understand it?

I got a tablet that already came on the firmware with Google Play. I want to root it.

Sent from my MB886 using Xparent Green Tapatalk 2
        AndroidPizza

Comment

i rooted my s10 pretty easily

Originally posted by AndroidPizza View Post
          Anyone have any ideas on how to obtain root on the new "Google Play" firmware?
          I used a pretty universal method for tablets like s10 with a20 all winner it was just a zip file install from SD card in stock recovery. I see other people have diff root methods here such as kingo root or cydia impactor I think? Well ty & have a Great day. Ron. :-)
          Last edited by rubberman36,; 12-28-2013, 21:19. Reason: spelling error

Comment

Originally posted by rubberman36, View Post
            I used a pretty universal method for tablets like s10 with a20 all winner it was just a zip file install from SD card in stock recovery. I see other people have diff root methods here such as kingo root or cydia impactor I think? Well ty & have a Great day. Ron. :-)
            Can you please link to this zip?

AndroidPizza

Comment

Root S10

Misunderstood request, skip to second step using Snap Pea and Impactor.

I got a tablet that already came on the firmware with Google Play. I want to root it.

Comment

root from stock recovery using zip install.

Sure but should I post actual zip here or just a web link to it? Never really posted things n I Dont wanna upset anyone. Ty Ron.

Comment

Originally posted by rubberman36, View Post
                  Sure but should I post actual zip here or just a web link to it? Never really posted things n I Dont wanna upset anyone. Ty Ron.
                  Either will do fine, it does not really matter.

Thank you in advance!

AndroidPizza

Comment

easy root from recovery

This is a (very) small how-to regarding Root on Generic (unbranded, mostly called "MID") Android Tablets with aml8726-mx platform. This file was made originally for Ainol Novo 7 Crystal tablet, but it works (or should work) on all devices based...

It works perfectly on s8 & s10 using zip file from recovery, just follow instructions like here. http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2371614. Ty Ron. :-)

Comment

Wifi not functional

Hi guys...I have a Polaroid A10
                      I flashed the above S10 file and now my wifi does no start?
                      I am a TOTAL beginner on doing these things but everything went smoothly?!?

HELP!

SSGRichDAV

Comment

Originally posted by [email protected] View Post
                        Hi guys...I have a Polaroid A10
                        I flashed the above S10 file and now my wifi does no start?
                        I am a TOTAL beginner on doing these things but everything went smoothly?!?

HELP!

SSGRichDAV
                        I have no idea about the image from xda but you could flash the image I uploaded.. The only problem I am aware of is the button alignment in the TWRP recovery.. I think you have to press a little above the button for the buttons to work.. However, everything for normal system operations work..

get it here:

Comment

Polaroid A10 Tablet

Originally posted by guessyet View Post
                          I have no idea about the image from xda but you could flash the image I uploaded.. The only problem I am aware of is the button alignment in the TWRP recovery.. I think you have to press a little above the button for the buttons to work.. However, everything for normal system operations work..

get it here:
                          http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...-ROOTED-TWRP**
                          Can someone give me STEP-BY-STEP instructions on how to "Pull" a copy of he OS out of a tablet? My wife has the same tablet and I could "Pull" her OS out n then send it o be MODDED for root access?

Comment

Root S10

I hae an A10 by Polaroid. can get root access by using the ADB Shell SU. You have to install the ADB Interface Drivers first.

Comment

Still trying to pull stock pom from Polaroid A10

Originally posted by [email protected] View Post
                              Can someone give me STEP-BY-STEP instructions on how to "Pull" a copy of he OS out of a tablet? My wife has the same tablet and I could "Pull" her OS out n then send it o be MODDED for root access?
                              Come on, there has to be someone who can steer me in the right direction? I have tried searching but no one talks about pulling the STOCK ROM they just talk about the MODDED ROMs.

Comment

A10 Lost WIFI with Update

OK...I flashed the update available here:
                                http://southerntelecom.com/a10/index.html

And now I have no WIFI It says it is "Turning WiFi on..." but it never does???

Anybody???

Comment

Working...
                                X