Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PicUntu-4.5-nand-BasicGUI installer - One file, few click install.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cyberef
    replied
    How come Mali 3D Hardware acceleration is not included in Picuntu 4.5?

Leave a comment:

• subver
    replied
    lightdm not running. Error - no permission on /var/lib/lightdm/.Xauthority
    i tried to change owner of /var/lib/lightdm, but it doen't work

Leave a comment:

• subver
    replied
    I have installed Ubuntu from this post http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...l=1#post109194
    on my mk908 v5, but it can't load in graphics interface. I've got a message like "system run in low graphics mode" and no ubuntu desktop appears.
    How can i fix this? It is neccessary to install video driver or something else?
    Now i can boot into command line, and it's working ok, but x-server do not start.

upd:
    If i break down to command line with Ctrl+Alt+F1 and run 'startx', i get a ubuntu-like desktop with same color background, but no menu's and so on.

Here is screenshot https://www.dropbox.com/s/er60f10lzg...225_173157.jpg

Leave a comment:

• ani1nonly
    replied
    Re: PicUntu-4.5-nand-BasicGUI installer - One file, few click install.

I HAVE SUCCESSFULLY FLASHED MY NETXEON MK809III V1.0. BUT I DONT KNOW TO PASS FOR ROOT.
    I M ALSO FACING STRANGE PROBLEM. I M USING ONIDA FULL HD LCD TV AND FROM BEGINNING WHEN BOOTING START MY DISPLAY IS OUT OF SCREEN AREA( ALL OF THE FOUR SIDE GOING OUTSIDE DISPLAY AREA) AND MY DISPLAY IS GOING BLANK AND AFTER FEW SEC IT COMES BACK AGAIN GOING BLANK AND AFTER FEW SEC IT COMES BACK THIS HAPPENNING CONTINUOUSLY.
    I M UNABLE TO TEST OTHER THINGS CAUSE I DON'T HAVE PHYSICAL KEYBOARD SO PLEASE ADD VIRTUAL KEYBOARD IF POSSIBLE FOR THOSE WHO DON'T HAVE PHYSICAL KEYBOARD LIKE ANDROID

Sent from my MIUI By Java using Tapatalk 2

Leave a comment:

• kyle_ken
    replied
    Agreed on 720p version

Originally posted by bluesummer View Post
    Hello,

does exist an easy way to change video resolution?
    My tv is hdready, not full hd. It can handle 1920x1080 but resample is very ugly.
    A 720p kernel would be perfect...
    I've tried with fbset but results are always bizarre...
    I've a QC802 (MK802 IV clone with 6210 wifi chipset).
    Thanks...
    The 1080p looks incredible on my TV, but my sons isn't 1080 and doesn't look good at all. I want use a MK809III Quad Core dongle in his room, so he can get Linux experience by fooling around with it. So any guidance would greatly be appreciated!!! (not sure how to compile a kernel yet, but I'm learning...but by time I figure it out these things will be as old as 8086 processors! ha)

Leave a comment:

• bluesummer
    replied
    Hello,

does exist an easy way to change video resolution?
    My tv is hdready, not full hd. It can handle 1920x1080 but resample is very ugly.
    A 720p kernel would be perfect...
    I've tried with fbset but results are always bizarre...
    I've a QC802 (MK802 IV clone with 6210 wifi chipset).
    Thanks...

Leave a comment:

• Jackyman38
    replied
    It seems both of my sticks are running at 1.2ghz after flashing Linux (PicUntu and Linuxium).
    Code:
    cat /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/cpuinfo_cur_freg
    will show you your current cpu speed
    Here is a good link of how you can set the frequencies of your stick.
    http://blog.tube42.se/?p=1225

do a
    Code:
    cat /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_available_frequencies
    I found the max frequencies on both stick is 1608000
    Last edited by Jackyman38; 12-12-2013, 19:24.

Leave a comment:

• RizziR
    replied
    I wonder if I can do this with rkflashtools/rkflashkit on linux. Seems a bit odd to me that I have to use a windows machine to change my device from one linux to another.

Leave a comment:

• mustafaupk
    replied
    Originally posted by gmtii View Post
    try this config with disabled CONFIG_ANDROID_PARANOID_NETWORK and enabled CONFIG_SYSVIPC (chrome doesn't show pages content and some services can't be started like apache https://plus.google.com/u/0/104676886289084007032/posts).

Notice that the hardware console is attached to ttyS2 (hw uart console mod) so no boot text on screen.

cheers!
    Thank you gmtii. Your kernel here works really well. I flashed it onto my mk908v3 and now it doesn't have the problem with requiring root for network based activities (i.e. firefox/chromium).

A new request for your: Is it possible to compile a kernel with 1920x1080 output?

Leave a comment:

• sho25
    replied

Originally posted by magnetus View Post
    did you try to short pins 7 and 8 of the flash???
    Magnetus & Jackyman38,

Thank you.

Shorting pin 8 & 9 worked. I had it in mask mode and could flashed it again.
    The UG007 don't have a reset button. But it's working again on Android. Now I will keep trying to get Picuntu to run.

Send from my GT-I9300 with Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• psychorat
    replied
    Originally posted by Jackyman38 View Post
    TO: Sho25 you can try unbricking by shorting 2 pins on the NAND chip. This post if for MK808 but it is similar on other devices however the NAND chip could be of different make so pins could be different.

I found it strange sometimes, while pressing the recovery switch, windows only recognise the device if I plug in the mini USB while I press the switch. It don't work for me if I had the mini plug in the slot, press the switch and connect cable at the PC end.

TO: psychorat
    I don't think fb.modes helps these sticks because the video setting is determine at kernel level (I could be wrong here). It get the info from the TV/monitor, some older TV/monitor don't provide the CEA video mode the device can understand. The HDMI switch I got is cheap this this one and I am not saying it will solve your problem but worth a try, Only cost me £3. Funny that I also has a Sony Bravia 32" TV, I used my IPPLI Mars I2C on it without a problem. Check and see if there is a option to upgrade your TV firmware via USB memory.
    http://www.****.co.uk/itm/3-Port-ful...item2a3512a102
    Thanks for the link. Maybe i'll go for it if its my only option in the future.

I know about the EDID reading bug at kernel side, but i remember wasser fixing this problem in a kernel update for lewy20041's hybrid firmware. Thus im pretty sure that its fixable somehow.

I tried fbset because while im using a native 720p kernel, im getting 1080p resolution only. If i could get a real 720p mode i think the blinkness will be resolved. And 720p its the resolution i want to use in general.

The 1080p samsung tv i tried is quite older than my bravia. But i will definitely check for a possible firmware update.

Leave a comment:

• Jackyman38
    replied
    TO: Sho25 you can try unbricking by shorting 2 pins on the NAND chip. This post if for MK808 but it is similar on other devices however the NAND chip could be of different make so pins could be different.

I found it strange sometimes, while pressing the recovery switch, windows only recognise the device if I plug in the mini USB while I press the switch. It don't work for me if I had the mini plug in the slot, press the switch and connect cable at the PC end.

TO: psychorat
    I don't think fb.modes helps these sticks because the video setting is determine at kernel level (I could be wrong here). It get the info from the TV/monitor, some older TV/monitor don't provide the CEA video mode the device can understand. The HDMI switch I got is cheap this this one and I am not saying it will solve your problem but worth a try, Only cost me £3. Funny that I also has a Sony Bravia 32" TV, I used my IPPLI Mars I2C on it without a problem. Check and see if there is a option to upgrade your TV firmware via USB memory.
    http://www.****.co.uk/itm/3-Port-ful...item2a3512a102
    Last edited by Jackyman38; 12-10-2013, 15:49.

Leave a comment:

• psychorat
    replied
    Originally posted by Jackyman38 View Post
    One problem I have with my IPPLI running PicUntu is that the monitor (IIyama Prolite E2407HDSD) keep blanking on and off. I solved the problem by connecting a cheap 3 port HDMI switch, could be some HDMI timing problem with this one.
    I have the same problem with CS918 (K-R42) on my Sony Bravia tv.

I tried some 720p kernels (with or without wifi chipset support) but the resolution when booting is configured to be 1080p by default and the problem is still there.
    I tried to add and set a 720p configuration in /etc/fb.modes but im getting a nice purple distorted 1080p image when i fbset this mode..

Unfortunately i dont have HDMI switch to get rid of this problem . Btw on 1080p tv's it works like a chaaarm.

Leave a comment:

• magnetus
    replied
    Originally posted by sho25 View Post
    Nobody knows any solution? Or is it really hard bricked?

did you try to short pins 7 and 8 of the flash???

Leave a comment:

• sho25
    replied

Originally posted by sho25 View Post
    I think I just hard bricked my UG007.

Device isn't anymore detected in Windows after flashing. Not booting into android or Picuntu. Not detected as an usb device. Even not visible in Device Manager.

Tried different usb-ports and different cables. No luck.

Anyone any advice/suggestions?

Sent from my M9 using Tapatalk

Nobody knows any solution? Or is it really hard bricked?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X