Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PicUntu-4.5-nand-BasicGUI installer - One file, few click install.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dinaxe
    replied
    Can the resolution be changed?

Hi First of all i would want to thank you for all the time and effort you spent making this.
    I installed Picuntu on my T-R42(K-R42 with bluetooth) and i ran into a problem my monitor doesn't supports this high resolution . So I went to a friends house to change the resolution but the resolution cannot be changed. Is there a way to lower the resolution? without making another kernel?
    Thanks in advance

Leave a comment:

• vmkogeretla
    replied
    Originally posted by Jo2010 View Post
    My question too.i been trying to install flash but nothing worked.
    Bebeebike bici snodate:
    it works for me! thanks !!
    here i've found a solution for play flash with chromium
    Until now I had been using Gnash , the extremely poor open substitute of Flash, which is actually unusable for any real purposes. A cou...

Андрей Теров :
    add /etc/chromium-browser/default
    CHROMIUM_FLAGS="--ppapi-flash-path=/usr/lib/libpepflashplayer.so --ppapi-flash-version=11.5.31.105 --ppapi-flash-args=enable_hw_video_decode=0,enable_stagevideo_au to=0,enable_trace_to_console=0"
    nice work

there's xorg config for hot switching the screen resolution. where you see here:https://plus.google.com/u/0/communit...artnerid=gplp0

xorg.zip
    Last edited by vmkogeretla; 10-29-2013, 17:53. Reason: add xorg config

Leave a comment:

• Jo2010
    replied
    How to install adobe flash in picuntu 4.5?

Originally posted by cadurling View Post
    Well thought I was done messing around with my stick. I was just about to giveup on my device (Cozyswan s400 green sticker) and then I came across this.
    Installed on my device booted up quickly, wifi working, apps opening fast, all around navigation smooth and feeling like I'm on a desktop.
    I only have two questions
    1) How to install flash?
    2) How to install xbmc?
    My question too.i been trying to install flash but nothing worked.

Leave a comment:

• nizar
    replied
    Originally posted by n3wb13 View Post
    Hi there, I'm trying to get the Mediatek MT5931 (WiFi) and Mediatek MT6622 (Bluetooth) drivers to work on my Measy U2C. I have found this great comment posted by usumfabricae here

Thanks for adding the Rikomagic Mediatek code. From my side, I've found more Linux-like drivers in this repo: git://github.com/Anderxale/7300-kern.git Take a look at folder: 7300-kern/common/driver...

However, as Android will be gone after installing Picuntu, can anybody show me how can I flash the recovery image here? Any help would be much appreciated.
    first of all, you do realize that what you are looking for is a Linux for the rk3066 and this thread here is for the rk3166, right? yeah, so, unfortunately, this build of picuntu is not for your device the simplest way to get what you want though is to follow the instructions on that thread (I've done it myself before for my mk802iiis, it's not that hard)... you'll just be using a different version of picuntu than the one in showcased in this thread

Leave a comment:

• n3wb13
    replied
    Hi there, I'm trying to get the Mediatek MT5931 (WiFi) and Mediatek MT6622 (Bluetooth) drivers to work on my Measy U2C. I have found this great comment posted by usumfabricae here

Thanks for adding the Rikomagic Mediatek code. From my side, I've found more Linux-like drivers in this repo: git://github.com/Anderxale/7300-kern.git Take a look at folder: 7300-kern/common/driver...

However, as Android will be gone after installing Picuntu, can anybody show me how can I flash the recovery image here? Any help would be much appreciated.

Leave a comment:

• angelobiz
    replied
    with last old version you can do it...
    but now.. we can do it with this new good version?

Leave a comment:

• fr4m3
    replied
    picuntu 4.5 on usb

Hi guys, there is one method to create dual boot and start picuntu from usb without touch android?
    Thx in advice

Leave a comment:

• gasthecat
    replied
    Same as Sloepie

Originally posted by Sloepie View Post
    Hello eveybody,

I Installed Picuntu 4.5 on my MK908 stick with rk_flash_1.37 and rk_flash says the installation went OK.
    However, the stick does not reboot at all. (It is not clear to me if rk_flash should reboot the stick? If so, how much time should I have to wait before the stick reboots? Maybe I disconnect the stick to soon?)
    When I try to do a reboot myself nothing happens at all, even after waiting an half hour. Also the blue led does not come up at all (after the installation of picuntu also when still connected to the flash tool).

What might be interesting is that when I tried installing with the linux tool, it can only find 2 partitions; with the boot and kernel images. I can not install the system.img because it overwrites either the boot or kernel image.

Has anybody a suggestion about what I might be doing wrong, because I understand other people succeeded in installing and running picuntu on a mk908.

I had the same issues as Sloepie.
    If anyone has an easy way of getting Picuntu working on the MK908 pls share. Thanks

Leave a comment:

• shaan_npl
    replied
    Hi ILSabbe..

Originally posted by ILSabbe View Post
    Hi everyone,

first of all, my device is "COZYSWAN S400" (this one http://www.cozyswan.com/test/cozyswa...e-mini-pc.html )

its days im reading this and lot of other forums.

I actually have managed to install picuntu.
    First time i followed standard procedure shown on http://ubuntu.g8.net/index.php/14-sa...-nand-released

It goes fine, but i had no wifi (i have rk8188eu chipset i think...) , so i used kernel provided by SHAAN_NPL in this thread (page 4).
    Now wifi working too.

Only problem left is video drivers.
    In my dmesg i cant find any advice of loading something for Mali processor... so i think is ignored?

As i read here, there is still no solution for laggy video playback?

Im a bit confused about resolution of video playback ...i saw around that there are some fixes for framebuffer and VSYNC but i dont know if those are suitable for my situation nor how to implement them...

I even obtained last Mali drivers from

But i cant manage to install them, when i make "make & sudo make install" it says "no target specified and no makefile found" ... (yes, i was in the src dir ... ).

Finally, what i would achieve, is to have on my s400 a picuntu with wifi (as its now) and even ability to play movie files @1080p ...

Your question now would be "why you need linux to just playback movies? why dont use android".

And my answer is: First i like to get the best from my devices. Second, under android i would not have the option to use a service of mine (net video account) that works over "Silverlight", and i saw instead that i can have silverlight on linux (MoonLight project). That's why i choose to turn on Picuntu.

Can someone give me some directions/answers of what i could/should do?

Im quite noob in Linux, i can play with it but for example i dont know how to build a kernel, or if its possibile to use the kernel.img i have and modify it ...

I appreciate any help, sorry for long post
    As far as I know, we still do not have mali support for linux in RK3188 boxes, developers are trying hard, just wait for some time, i hope some one will come up with a solution...

By the way, can you guide me to a place where I can download the stock rom for COZYSWAN S400 as I too have the same device....
    Thanks...

Leave a comment:

• Hotsammysliz
    replied
    Not booting

Hello eveybody,

I Installed Picuntu 4.5 on my MK908 stick with rk_flash_1.37 and rk_flash says the installation went OK.
    However, the stick does not reboot at all. (It is not clear to me if rk_flash should reboot the stick? If so, how much time should I have to wait before the stick reboots? Maybe I disconnect the stick to soon?)
    When I try to do a reboot myself nothing happens at all, even after waiting an half hour. Also the blue led does not come up at all (after the installation of picuntu also when still connected to the flash tool).

What might be interesting is that when I tried installing with the linux tool, it can only find 2 partitions; with the boot and kernel images. I can not install the system.img because it overwrites either the boot or kernel image.

Has anybody a suggestion about what I might be doing wrong, because I understand other people succeeded in installing and running picuntu on a mk908.
    Hello All. I am having the same issue. I am running with an mk808 and I had to change the loader to 1.22 for 30xx since I could not even get the tool to work at all before with the 1.20 loader for 3188. But other than that its the same problem as Sloepie. Could anybody please help out.

Leave a comment:

• tyeo098
    replied
    When I use the Linux RkFlashkit I get the following message:

Loading partition information
    MACHINE_MODEL:rk30sdk MACHINE_ID:007 MANUFACTURER:RK30SDK MAGIC: 0x5041524B ATAG: 0x60000800 MACHINE: 3066 CHECK_MASK: 0x80 KERNEL_IMG: 0x60408000 #RECOVER_KEY: 1,1,0,20,0 CMDLINE: initrd=0x62000000,0x00800000 init=/sbin/init root=/dev/mtdblock2 mtdparts=rk29xxnand:0x00008000@0x00002000(boot),0x 00008000@0x0000A000(kernel),-@0x00012000(system)

The strange thing is that is says it is a 3066 Machine though Antutu (on android) said the cpu was 1400 Mhz (x4) and the stick had a score of 12307 and has a Mali-400 MP GPU

Anybody who can help me get picuntu run on my mk908?
    Look up my posts, on my github I have MK908 Kernel source you can compile.
    Then just run picuntu from Sd card.

Leave a comment:

• Sloepie
    replied
    Update

Hello eveybody,

When I use the Linux RkFlashkit I get the following message:

Loading partition information
    MACHINE_MODEL:rk30sdk MACHINE_ID:007 MANUFACTURER:RK30SDK MAGIC: 0x5041524B ATAG: 0x60000800 MACHINE: 3066 CHECK_MASK: 0x80 KERNEL_IMG: 0x60408000 #RECOVER_KEY: 1,1,0,20,0 CMDLINE: initrd=0x62000000,0x00800000 init=/sbin/init root=/dev/mtdblock2 mtdparts=rk29xxnand:0x00008000@0x00002000(boot),0x 00008000@0x0000A000(kernel),-@0x00012000(system)

The strange thing is that is says it is a 3066 Machine though Antutu (on android) said the cpu was 1400 Mhz (x4) and the stick had a score of 12307 and has a Mali-400 MP GPU

Anybody who can help me get picuntu run on my mk908?

Leave a comment:

• dalcebolus
    replied
    Any possibility of including the ath9k module? Have a TL-WN821Nv2 that I could use until embedded wifi or wired are fixed. As it is none of them work on the Minix Neo X7.

Tried insmodding 8188eu.ko, 8189es.ko, 8192cu.ko, 8723as.ko, 8723au.ko from a backup of the android system partition without luck

1. Does anybody know exactly which wired module it should be?
    2. Wireless confirmed to be rkwifi.ko? Tried to insmod that as well... same sad results.

Apart from that it boots beautifully

Leave a comment:

• bsg75
    replied
    Hi to all.
    I am new to this stuff and just found this thread on a google search looking for a simple solution to run a small web (mysql/php + jre, for hmtl/php sites/wordpress) and ftp server connected to a AVM Fritbox. I dont want/need a full blown computer running, as it would be a total waste of resources..... already checked the Rasberry PI but think it doesnt have enough "power".

After reading the thread I looked over here: http://ubuntu.g8.net/index.php/picuntu-features
    and saw
    *Apache, mysql: apache2 php5 mysql-server-5.5 phpmyadmin
    *Java JDK: openjdk-7-jre-headless openjdk-7-jre-lib openjdk-7-jre
    I think, if that works than vsftpd should also work and it would be what I am looking for.

I am considering to buy one of these:
    *T-R42 Android 4.2 Quad Core Mini PC, Smart TV Box, RK3188 (1,6GHz), 2GB RAM, 8GB int., Mali400, HDMI, LAN, WLAN-n, Bluetooth 4.0
    *MK 809 III Android 4.2, Quad Core Mini PC, Smart TV Box, RK3188 (1,6GHz) 2GB RAM, 8GB int., Mali400, HDMI, WLAN-n, Bluetooth 4.0,
    and
    Transcend TS32GUSDHC10E Class 10 Extreme-Speed microSDHC 32GB
    Logitech K400 Keyboard
    My questions (as a "linux-newbie"):
    - What device would you recommend, one of above or something else?
    - Do I have to watchout for anything special?
    - Is it possible to install everything on the sdcard without touching the android system? (something like multi os booting?)
    - Is there a any pre-built-package to acomplish what I want to do?
    - Could anybody point me to a guide and download?

Thanks for the help.
    Sorry if this isnt the right place to post

Leave a comment:

• Sloepie
    replied
    MK908 Not booting after installing picuntu?

Hello eveybody,

Leave a comment:

Working...
X