Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PicUntu-4.5-nand-BasicGUI installer - One file, few click install.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• magnetus
    replied
    unable to flash

Originally posted by Jo2010 View Post
    Sorry to replay late,that is bz I am not able to flash linux,I don't know why.i tried with finless flash tool and other flash tool but at end of flashing it shows run failed. I was able to flash before .now I can flash only android with rk batch tool .i think I tried to flash linux hundred times!but all failed.please help me.

I am having the same issue. did you solved your problem? if so please let me know how you did it.

thanks
    Last edited by magnetus; 12-09-2013, 16:04.

Leave a comment:

• dave333
    replied
    mk908II

Hello
    Have anyone test if wifi are working with the new Mk908II?

Best David

Leave a comment:

• MrEd
    replied
    Device not found MK802IV

Hello, I'm having a problem using this tool. When loaded in bootloader (at least I think it is loaded in bootloader) and connecting it to computer, the tool still says "Device not found". Do I need some special drivers for my Win7x64 (Home Premium), or is the USB3 responsible for that? How can I make the computer to see the device? (my computer does not contain any USB2 sockects, all are USB3).

P.S. It is MK802IV 16GB model. (Got it this weekend).

Leave a comment:

• taki-arm
    replied
    Originally posted by fraction View Post
    Hello Shaan,
    I used your kernel for a while and Wifi works just fine. Now I would like to get wired ethernet working on my K-R42 and need some additional modules that your kernel is missing.
    Currently I fail to cross compile a working kernel on my Ubuntu 13.04 machine (compilation works but the K-R42 won't boot my kernel. I used your .config as a startpoint and just added what I need.
    Could you please tell what sources you've used to get a working build environment to build your kernel?

Thanks in advance!

Btw: Does anyone know a good all in one explanation on how to build a kernel for picuntu 4.5? I found some bits and peaces but I think I still didn't fully understand how things fit together.
    Source code ist from alok >https://github.com/aloksinha2001/Linux3188
    and more current >https://github.com/gen2thomas/Linux3188_CloudnetGoCR9
    building the kernel first
    1.make mrproper
    2.make ARCH=arm "Here enter the name of your defconfig"
    3. in defconfig linie "CONFIG_CROSS_COMPILE="" " put version your compiler for example I have in my ubuntu /usr arm-linux-gnueabihf ,them CONFIG_CROSS_COMPILE=arm-linux-gnueabihf-
    4. in defconfig linie CONFIG_INITRAMFS_SOURCE="enter the path to the initramfs "
    5. make kernel.img
    you can use buildroot to create your own kernel and initramfs from here > http://openlinux.amlogic.com:8000/do...435ceca.tar.gz
    and add to your distro everything that you compile with the buildroot.
    you can use config from linuxum>

and initramfs >https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B99O...it?usp=sharing

I forgot when you use linaro arm gcc "To use this toolchain, you must disable soft float usage." in kernel source /arch/arm/Makefile change "-msoft-float" to " -mfloat-abi=softfp ".

when you use linuxum .config you must attach a wifi rtl8188eu do not do anything manually in the .config file make using make menuconfig, and buildroot make linux-menuconfig.
    And as you start picuntu, switch off the module rkwifi "sudo nano / etc / modules" it will then work rtl8188eu.

Last edited by taki-arm; 12-08-2013, 17:07.

Leave a comment:

• patdut
    replied
    Originally posted by patdut View Post
    I have tried with the usb2 port and get the same result. When I flash picuntu 4.5 the device does not respond. Blue light remain black and no signal at all to the monitor. When I flash back a ROM stock update (update or restore action) or custom ROM (finless) the blue light lights for a while, the Tronsmart logo appeared, the monitor commute to the 1080/60 mode and it remains black until the blue light get off.
    I have got some understanding on what happened . The MK908 version I own is the V5. Maybe picuntu 4.5 is not compatible with this version, maybe the v1 to v3 but not the v5.
    I flashed the device with a update_mk908_202j2203_overseas.img rom and it get back it to life.
    I don't know if there is any way to get a picuntu version for the v5 that can be full functionnal .

Leave a comment:

• patdut
    replied
    Originally posted by JugsteR View Post
    There are multiple reports with usb3 failing. Usb2 is key.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk
    I have tried with the usb2 port and get the same result. When I flash picuntu 4.5 the device does not respond. Blue light remain black and no signal at all to the monitor. When I flash back a ROM stock update (update or restore action) or custom ROM (finless) the blue light lights for a while, the Tronsmart logo appeared, the monitor commute to the 1080/60 mode and it remains black until the blue light get off.

Leave a comment:

• fraction
    replied
    Rebuild kernel for wired ethernet on K-R42

Originally posted by shaan_npl View Post
    After a long trial , I finally managed to compile a kernel for picuntu which recognizes my chipset rtl8188etv vid=0bda pid=0179 out of the box.It should also work for rtl8188eu. I would like to thank Mr. mmm123 and leolas for helping me and Mr. Alok sinha for such a wonderful distro.....
    Thanks..
    In the meanwhile, I will try to upload the kernel, if somebody is interested to try, they can..
    Hello Shaan,
    I used your kernel for a while and Wifi works just fine. Now I would like to get wired ethernet working on my K-R42 and need some additional modules that your kernel is missing.
    Currently I fail to cross compile a working kernel on my Ubuntu 13.04 machine (compilation works but the K-R42 won't boot my kernel. I used your .config as a startpoint and just added what I need.
    Could you please tell what sources you've used to get a working build environment to build your kernel?

Thanks in advance!

Btw: Does anyone know a good all in one explanation on how to build a kernel for picuntu 4.5? I found some bits and peaces but I think I still didn't fully understand how things fit together.
    Last edited by fraction; 12-07-2013, 16:23.

Leave a comment:

• BigBen4711
    replied
    AFAIK the Tronsmart MK908 doesn't work OOTB with Picuntu 4.5. Here's a post with a fix for it, but unfortunatly the embedded google-link isn't working anymore.

Any hints on how to get picuntu up & running on a MK908?

thanks in advance,
    Ben

Leave a comment:

• JugsteR
    replied
    Re: PicUntu-4.5-nand-BasicGUI installer - One file, few click install.

Originally posted by patdut View Post
    The mk908 works fine under Android when i received it. I flashed directly on a notebook USB3 port. I have tried on USB2 and didn't succeed to make him recogized by the flash utility.
    There are multiple reports with usb3 failing. Usb2 is key.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• patdut
    replied
    The mk908 works fine under Android when i received it. I flashed directly on a notebook USB3 port. I have tried on USB2 and didn't succeed to make him recogized by the flash utility.

Leave a comment:

• Jackyman38
    replied
    Patrick I have reflash, back and forth between PicUntu and Android on my IPPLI I2C and Mk802IV without problem. Did you test the stick when it arrive that is actually work with the default Android? Also make sure you are not using a USB hub when flashing, it is best to use a direct USB connection to your PC.

Leave a comment:

• patdut
    replied
    just installed the picuntu 4.5 on mmy all new mk908

Hello guys, i am Patrick from France.
    I have just installed the picuntu 4.5 on mmy all new mk908 tronsmart from geekbuying.
    And unfortunatelly et doesn't want to boot.
    I tried to go back to the stock ROM and #%&<:gtrr#€( he doesn't want to boot , looping on tronsmart logo ans looks like trying to adapt the résolution to the screen.
    I am a little bit lost.

Leave a comment:

• Jackyman38
    replied
    FYI: I have successfully install PicUntu on to IPPLI Mars I2C with working wifi.

The first time I flash it, the wifi didn't work for some reason. So I reflash android, check dmesg and compare it with RK802IV's PicUntu dmesg which shows me it uses the same wifi chipsets.
    Flash the IPPLI again the 2nd time and the wifi works!!!

Ofc the internal camera doesn't work, it is not officially supported anyway.

One problem I have with my IPPLI running PicUntu is that the monitor (IIyama Prolite E2407HDSD) keep blanking on and off. I solved the problem by connecting a cheap 3 port HDMI switch, could be some HDMI timing problem with this one.

Leave a comment:

• sho25
    replied
    I think I just hard bricked my UG007.

Device isn't anymore detected in Windows after flashing. Not booting into android or Picuntu. Not detected as an usb device. Even not visible in Device Manager.

Tried different usb-ports and different cables. No luck.

Anyone any advice/suggestions?

Sent from my M9 using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• crendore
    replied
    Originally posted by Demontager View Post
    Can we also use kernel which allows 1.8 Ghz freq., is it exists actually ?
    I would really like to know the answer to this question as well!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X