Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PicUntu-4.5-nand-BasicGUI installer - One file, few click install.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Demontager
    replied
    perun, thanks, thanks, thanks!!! Working for me. Only it reports that can't detect card mac address and set power. Dmesg log http://paste.ubuntu.com/6465539/ Don't know if so important and if it badly impact performance, need to test. At least wifi working and auto bringing up on boot
    Code:
    root@g8picuntu:~# iwconfig
    lo        no wireless extensions.

sit0      no wireless extensions.

ip6tnl0   no wireless extensions.

p2p0      IEEE 802.11bgn  ESSID:off/any  
              Mode:Managed  Access Point: Not-Associated   Tx-Power=1496 dBm   
              Retry  long limit:7   RTS thr:off   Fragment thr:off
              Encryption key:off
              Power Management:on

wlan0     IEEE 802.11  ESSID:"ASUS-HBK"  
              Mode:Master  Frequency:2.457 GHz  Access Point: BC:AE:C5:C3:ED:6D   
              Bit Rate=36 Mb/s   Tx-Power:32 dBm   
              Retry min limit:7   RTS thr:off   Fragment thr:off
              Encryption key:off
              Power Managementmode:All packets received
              Link Quality=5/5  Signal level=-27 dBm  Noise level=-92 dBm
              Rx invalid nwid:0  Rx invalid crypt:0  Rx invalid frag:0
              Tx excessive retries:0  Invalid misc:0   Missed beacon:0
    Can we also use kernel which allows 1.8 Ghz freq., is it exists actually ? I need this stick run as webserver, so CPU power is important.
    Fresh clean PicUntu 4.5 without xfce GUI and cpufreq set to performance showing such load: http://s22.postimg.org/s661m9ywh/Scr...3_22_28_29.png

Also another big bottleneck is internal NAND speed, according to dd:
    Code:
    root@g8picuntu:~# dd if=/dev/zero of=test bs=64k count=16k conv=fdatasync
    16384+0 records in
    16384+0 records out
    1073741824 bytes (1.1 GB) copied, 132.474 s, 8.1 MB/s
    I wondering how to put system on SSD drive. I think it will be much better.

Leave a comment:

• perun
    replied
    Originally posted by Demontager View Post
    Is someone get ap6210 chip working ? My stick is J22 CX-912 with dual antennas, wifi works great in Android on neomode ROM. After installing PicUnTU 4.5 wifi isn't working. I pulled out all *.ko from neomode ROM - https://www.dropbox.com/sh/rx2c5dmwcy086xt/6AquUC47zP

Is it possible to load wifi module in PicUNTU ? The dmesg log showing a few attempts enabling wifi http://paste.ubuntu.com/6460369/
    I compiled a working kernel (with WIFI) for the J22 with phjanderson's marvin tool. (Thanks to all contributors on freaktab for making it so easy for use to compile a kernel.). Please try it:
    kernel_marvin_j22_ap6210_1080p.zip.

Flash the new kernel "kernel_marvin_j22_ap6210_1080p.img" with the RKAndroidTool on your J22.

Leave a comment:

• Demontager
    replied
    Is someone get ap6210 chip working ? My stick is J22 CX-912 with dual antennas, wifi works great in Android on neomode ROM. After installing PicUnTU 4.5 wifi isn't working. I pulled out all *.ko from neomode ROM - https://www.dropbox.com/sh/rx2c5dmwcy086xt/6AquUC47zP

Is it possible to load wifi module in PicUNTU ? The dmesg log showing a few attempts enabling wifi http://paste.ubuntu.com/6460369/

Leave a comment:

• aloksinha2001
    replied
    Originally posted by flacdo View Post
    Hello.
    Minix X7 :
    Does it mean that if I replace the original kernel of the PicUntu 4.5-NAND-BasicGUI-kit with the picuntu-kernel-4.5.img found here https://github.com/phjanderson/Linux3188 the Mnix Box will run PicUntu with a working ethernet ?
    Many thanks.
    Why not try the same...phjanderson has done some very impressive work

Alok

Leave a comment:

• aloksinha2001
    replied
    Originally posted by marcwolf View Post
    Great Work.
    I was able to install this with no problems and then install OpenCV and SimpleCV for the work I am doing.

I do have one major issue though. I cannot get any webcams to work..
    This is critical for the work I am doing.

Many thanks
    Narc
    What Cam are u using ?

Alok

Leave a comment:

• marcwolf
    replied
    Great Work.
    I was able to install this with no problems and then install OpenCV and SimpleCV for the work I am doing.

I do have one major issue though. I cannot get any webcams to work..
    This is critical for the work I am doing.

Many thanks
    Narc

Leave a comment:

• Cansiano
    replied
    Mali support

Hello I read article today about MK802iV LE on liliputing, nice work.
    Shame is that it can't be used as MediaCenter PC for my TV untill hw video accelaration will be enabled.
    Are there some news related to have mali 400 fully supported? (hope that yes)

Thanks!

Leave a comment:

• flacdo
    replied
    Originally posted by phjanderson View Post
    Here's my attempt for adding support for other devices to PicUntu:
    Linux Source - RK3188 - PicUntu. Contribute to phjanderson/Linux3188 development by creating an account on GitHub.

The kernel has parameterization of several things like GPIO lines. It defaults to the mk802iv ap6210 settings.

I added two defconfigs for the t428 and qx1 to show how it works. (just compare them with the mk802iv defconfig)

I also added a platform "picuntu3188" to my marvin build tool:
    Marvin - Android kernel build tool. Contribute to phjanderson/marvin development by creating an account on GitHub.

To build a kernel, do the following:
    Code:
    ./marvin platform picuntu3188
    ./marvin config t428 1080p
    ./marvin build
    All of it is untested as I haven't had time to install picuntu yet, but should work I guess.

Oh, and I also added the ethernet driver for the X7, should work with the t428 config (not all drivers for other devices such as IR and analog audio are added yet though).
    Hello.
    Minix X7 :
    Does it mean that if I replace the original kernel of the PicUntu 4.5-NAND-BasicGUI-kit with the picuntu-kernel-4.5.img found here https://github.com/phjanderson/Linux3188 the Mnix Box will run PicUntu with a working ethernet ?
    Many thanks.

Leave a comment:

• Jo2010
    replied
    Originally posted by vmkogeretla View Post
    http://yadi.sk/d/dWRSwlQwCCouX - adobeflash-chromium-arm-vmk.tar.gz
    sorry to disturb u,would u explain how to install this adobeflash to chromium browser.bz i am new to linux.

Leave a comment:

• cybersyx
    replied
    720p kernel

Hi, anyone have the kernel with 720p resolution for picuntu 4.5.
    Thanks a lot

Leave a comment:

• Martyzz1
    replied
    Originally posted by vmkogeretla View Post

http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.php?5867-A-GUI-tool-for-flashing-rk3066-rk3188-kernel-image-under-Linux
    (backup partition, flash partition)
    or
    Rootfs copy to another folder, exclude
    (/dev/*,/proc/*,/sys/*,/tmp/*,/run/*,/mnt/*,/media/*,/lost+found)
    Midnight Commander (sudo apt-get install mc), sudo mc
    After much looking around I finally tracked down the following

Hi, Because I don't run Windows nor NetBSD, I rewrote rkflash from scratch with the use of libusb-1.0, so you can now read and write your rk2818-based tablet's flash memory under Linux (also w/o the need to root your tablet). Credit for...

Flash acces to RK chips via bootloader. Contribute to crewrktablets/rkflashtools development by creating an account on GitHub.

I haven't tried it yet, but it looks like this will do what I need.

I also had some success using dd from

full hard disk copy dd if=/dev/hdx of=/dev/hdy dd if=/dev/hdx of=/path/to/image dd if=/dev/hdx | gzip > /path/to/image.gz Hdx could be hda, ...

I use the command dd if=/dev/sda | gzip > /media/test/system_backup.img.gz to backup my disk. But the system_bakcup.img.gz is up to 5GB, and when I compress this file, the system_backup.img is o...

In case anybody else is trying to do this and having issues writing it to a fat32 filesystem...

Leave a comment:

• Cansiano
    replied
    Rikomagic MK902

Hi team, great work!

I would like to ask if Picuntu willl work on Rikomagic MK902:

Hardware seems to be same as on MK802iv. What you think, worth to buy?

Thanks.

Leave a comment:

• alediaz
    replied
    Shutting mk802iv down and Package Manager

Hi everybody, good work on making picuntu work on mk802IV, have tried 2.2 on mk802iiis and this is much better.

I have some doubts about it...
    1. Which is the proper way to shut picuntu down? I have tried thru the shutdown command and the logout icon and it doesn't shutdown, it goes to a black screen but it doens't seem to complete the shutdown.
    2. Which is thr proper way to force a shutdown, i.e. when it hangs? When I had proplems to shut it down I have unplugged it but that seems to make some mess at the file system since it doesn't boot up again as always, it starts to show errors and, if I'm lucky, after several tries it boots (I had to flash it again in one ocation).
    3. Does Synaptic Package Manager work? Since I have tried to install VINO (to alllow remote desktop) and it hung when it was applying the scripts and it never ended.

Thanks in advance!
    Alejandro.
    Last edited by alediaz; 11-14-2013, 15:37.

Leave a comment:

• dmit9
    replied
    It was possible to someone to install Ubuntu in the MK908 (in NAND) ?

If anyone has turned please describe instructions for all ...

Leave a comment:

• brighthammer
    replied
    T-R24 Ubuntu?

Hi I am new to all this but I would like to know if someone can tell me how to get picuntu working on my T-R42. I would like to use it as a desktop and if it works well a server. Sorry if this is the wrong place for this question.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X