Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• digitgr
    replied
    I have installed the rom from post 103 and I want to try the rom from 4pda but I can't.I put the recovery and the rom zip on the sd card I enter the stock recovery I choose update from ext choose recovery img but nothing.error. what i am doing wrong?

Leave a comment:

• gatos814
    replied
    Originally posted by Satbeginner View Post

Hi,

I was in a similar situation with my X96Air-P2 and did this:

https://forum.freaktab.com/forum/tv-...862#post800862

Good luck,

Leo

Unfortunately for me didn't work!
    I can't understand why...
    Maybe they have different eMMC chip and the reset pin is other pin!
    What can i say....!
    Any way ....
    Thank you!

Leave a comment:

• Satbeginner
    replied
    Originally posted by gatos814 View Post
    I have a p2 version x96 air with 100mb ethernet and i want someone to show me the short pins to bring that box in life again ...!
    What ever i found so far didn't worked!
    Thank you!
    Hi,

I was in a similar situation with my X96Air-P2 and did this:

https://i.imgur.com/7SIOkwm.png https://i.imgur.com/jfO6Q9o.png https://i.imgur.com/tXgKUCD.png Geekbuying (https://www.geekbuying.com/item/X96-Air-Amlogic-S905x3-Android-9-0-TV-Box-4GB-32GB-8K-Decode-420281.html#utm_source=freaktab.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=elaine&utm_term=X96-Air) $39.99

Good luck,

Leo

Leave a comment:

• gatos814
    replied
    I have a p2 version x96 air with 100mb ethernet and i want someone to show me the short pins to bring that box in life again ...!
    What ever i found so far didn't worked!
    Thank you!

Leave a comment:

• riesdepies
    replied

Hoi Richard groeten uit Spanje :-)

To keep it useful for everybody, in "English"

about the clock, yes it is working for me , but that is on a X96Air-P2, I found that there are more similar boxes around, where the clock seems to be handled differently, but if it does not bother you...

About the Smart Youtube, yep, it uses it's own setting for language, same here.
    I switched my box to English, but hat to go into settings of the the SmartYouTube app to change the language.

Look for the region first, like Moscow in Russian, should be looking like M o c k B a , if you found that, you're near where you can change the language.... :-)
    There is on the right hand part of the screen some sort of Pull Down menu where the top 10-20 items are still Russian, but if you go down enough, you will recognize the other countries, and you can select English.

I looked a bit further: in SmartYouTube,

the menu is on the left side.
    When you go down and see a globe on the right, that's where you can change your location/country,
    One step above the globe is where you can change the language

Groeten, (Un saludo)

Leo
    Dag Leo

Yes the clock is only a minor problem but still, it would be nice if I could get it to work.. I went and tried all the different patches for different boxes but none of them made my display work so I think I'll just leave it at that.

About Smart YouTube TV, the problem somehow was solved when I updated the app through Aptoide TV. Before that I tried to change the settings in the app and I believe I did it the way you described it but somehow it didn't work for me. Anyway, it's working now and thanks for your detailed instructions

Groeten van ries!

Leave a comment:

• Satbeginner
    replied
    Originally posted by cs1453 View Post
    Hi I need a img for v2.2 . I try all version but bluetooth or wifi is broken please help me!
    For the X96Air P2 version of the box by now there are the following ROM versions on 4PDA:
    2.0, 2.1 and a Final version of this 2.x ROM.

However, as of yesterday there was a 3.0 released.

I installed that 3.0 as an upgrade just now, and I am testing it now.

With respect to WiFi and Bluetooth the following:

This 2.x ROM needs to be installed after a factory reset of the previous ROM for the WiFi to function.
    After the installation of the ROM the box has to be booted and wait for the boot to fully finish.

After that, reboot to recovery again to install the patch, this is necessary for the Bluetooth to function.

To be continued,

Leo

Leave a comment:

• cs1453
    replied
    Hi I need a img for v2.2 . I try all version but bluetooth or wifi is broken please help me!
    X96 air inside

Leave a comment:

• Satbeginner
    replied
    Originally posted by riesdepies View Post

Hello Satbeginner/Leo,

I flashed the SlimBox rom to my WeChip V9 box (same as or very similar to X96 Air P1) and I'm loving it!
    The bluetooth patch zip meant for the X96 Air P2 also works fine for me.
    Thank you very much for sharing this rom because I'm loving my box but I'm hating the stock rom that came with it.

There's only two (minor) issues I ran into so far:

- The LED clock display on the front of the box isn't working. Not a big problem at all, just curious if it is working for you.
    - The Smart YouTube TV app loads in Russian, even after setting the OS to English and even after manually setting the app to English.

At first I thought that maybe this was a custom Russian version of the app but the one I downloaded has the same issue.
    I'm guessing that Smart YouTube TV retrieves its language settings from the OS somehow but I can't figure out how or where.
    I tried changing language entries in the build.prop file from RU to EN but that didn't help.

Do you have this same issue? Have you found a way to fix this or do you have any idea?

Thanks again for sharing this great rom!

Groeten uit Holland,

Richard
    Hoi Richard groeten uit Spanje :-)

To keep it useful for everybody, in "English"

about the clock, yes it is working for me , but that is on a X96Air-P2, I found that there are more similar boxes around, where the clock seems to be handled differently, but if it does not bother you...

About the Smart Youtube, yep, it uses it's own setting for language, same here.
    I switched my box to English, but hat to go into settings of the the SmartYouTube app to change the language.

Look for the region first, like Moscow in Russian, should be looking like M o c k B a , if you found that, you're near where you can change the language.... :-)
    There is on the right hand part of the screen some sort of Pull Down menu where the top 10-20 items are still Russian, but if you go down enough, you will recognize the other countries, and you can select English.

I looked a bit further: in SmartYouTube,

the menu is on the left side.
    When you go down and see a globe on the right, that's where you can change your location/country,
    One step above the globe is where you can change the language

Groeten, (Un saludo)

Leo
    Last edited by Satbeginner; 05-06-2020, 22:42.

Leave a comment:

• mrwislr
    replied
    Any opinions on which is the better custom rom for the x96 air?

This one

https://4pda.ru/forum/index.php?show...#entry91789616

Or

https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...qeiPHv8uVwbp0w

UPDATE:

I have discovered that the slimbox roms do not work with the x96 air p3... but the other rom does.
    Last edited by mrwislr; 05-06-2020, 06:21.

Leave a comment:

• Satbeginner
    replied
    Originally posted by gpkumaran View Post

Thank you for the feedback. So you mean to say it's newer than the 2.1 you were talking about? Besides, I haven't yet installed as it's the only box I've and I have to have some free time when I modify it.
    Yes, the first released SlimBox ROM was 2.0, then came 2.1 and now it's the Final release, according to the Russian site.

That ROM can be used on several boxes, by the addition of the patch package per specific box.

I will post my experiences later, after I used it for a while, but it looks as reliable as the 2.1 version.

Un saludo,

Leo

Leave a comment:

• gpkumaran
    replied

Hi,

I just downloaded the ROM from the Google drive now mentioned as being the final version.
    Based on the size it is likely a newer version, it's a shame they did not include the version in the name of the zip file.

I installed the ROM, and I added the patch as indicated for the P2 version of the box.

I am running it now, and the first impression is still very good.

Will test more tomorrow, looking forward to your experience.

Un saludo,

Leo
    Thank you for the feedback. So you mean to say it's newer than the 2.1 you were talking about? Besides, I haven't yet installed as it's the only box I've and I have to have some free time when I modify it.

Leave a comment:

• Satbeginner
    replied

Thank you
    So I should install the slimbox x3 atv and then the patch for p2 am I right? (Sorry I don't have the V2 I have the P2)

To be clear, this update will delete all data and for me to retain the apps and data I've to use titanium backup, am I right?
    Hi,

I just downloaded the ROM from the Google drive now mentioned as being the final version.
    Based on the size it is likely a newer version, it's a shame they did not include the version in the name of the zip file.

I installed the ROM, and I added the patch as indicated for the P2 version of the box.

I am running it now, and the first impression is still very good.

Will test more tomorrow, looking forward to your experience.

Un saludo,

Leo

Leave a comment:

• Satbeginner
    replied

Thank you
    So I should install the slimbox x3 atv and then the patch for p2 am I right? (Sorry I don't have the V2 I have the P2)

To be clear, this update will delete all data and for me to retain the apps and data I've to use titanium backup, am I right?
    Yes, that's the way to do it.
    However, depending on the ROM you had installed previously, it may look as if your apps are still there.
    But I suggest after installing the new ROM, to do a reset to factory settings anyway, and after that AND a complete boot, only then restore your backup.

Leave a comment:

• gpkumaran
    replied
    Thank you

Leave a comment:

• Satbeginner
    replied

Thank you
    I was talking about this

https://4pda.ru/forum/index.php?show...ost&p=95118567

https://4pda.ru/forum/index.php?show...ost&p=95118567

Anyway
    Could you please share the link to the 2.1 you are using?
    https://4pda.ru/pages/go/?u=https%3A...p0w&e=93085504

This should be the direct link, I use the Android TV version. ATV

Or this even more direct

Leave a comment:

Working...
X