Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• greenstone
    replied
    raruba How did you get TWRP on the box and what firmware instructions did you use to replace the firmware when you were testing the gt-king rom?  Also did you ever get supersu to work?

Leave a comment:

• raruba
    replied
    Originally posted by greenstone View Post
    Agree the whole firmware stinks if by middle of Dec there is no firmware upgrade I will probably send it back to Amazon for a full refund - since its basically a dead weight right now.? My old android 4 box can play more apps than it currently can.

The one thing I did find out it can do is play Disney Plus through Chrome - although if you use any other browser it fails - im supposing you can do the same with Amazon prime and Netflix - but having to open a browser to get to these services doesn't make a lot of sense.

Again it comes with a version of kodi - but you have to do a trick with the calculator to get it to self install - find that rather strange.
    Just uninstall the ver. of Kodi and reinstall 18.5 from the Kodi web page.

Leave a comment:

• greenstone
    replied
    Agree the whole firmware stinks if by middle of Dec there is no firmware upgrade I will probably send it back to Amazon for a full refund - since its basically a dead weight right now.  My old android 4 box can play more apps than it currently can.

The one thing I did find out it can do is play Disney Plus through Chrome - although if you use any other browser it fails - im supposing you can do the same with Amazon prime and Netflix - but having to open a browser to get to these services doesn't make a lot of sense.

Again it comes with a version of kodi - but you have to do a trick with the calculator to get it to self install - find that rather strange.

Leave a comment:

• mo123
    commented on 's reply
    They better upgrade that old Android security, it's a hackers dream to break into something like that.

• mo123
    commented on 's reply
    No HDR support, that is bad.

• greenstone
    replied
    Current Android Version for the x88king.
    You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.

Leave a comment:

• greenstone
    replied
    More DRM info - clear key is set to google 1.1

Leave a comment:

• greenstone
    replied
    Attached below is the Wildvine CDM status of the X88 King box.

Leave a comment:

• darkstar
    replied
    Working twrp is great, you can try several methods to root your device.

If you want you can try Sasvlads patched supersu from topic below or ask Sasvlad to share patched supersu.zip for S922.

https://forum.freaktab.com/forum/tv-...rs-android-8-1

Regards,
    Last edited by darkstar; 12-02-2019, 14:26.

Leave a comment:

• mo123
    replied
    Originally posted by greenstone View Post
    I bought this box around a week ago after messing with it for a bit I can tell you it has lots of problems.

First it doesn't have root so running any application which requires root is basically dead in the water.
    Second the manufacturer doesn't have a support/web page anywhere on its information package, so it won't be easy to find firmware in the future.
    It does come with OTA firmware update tool and for some reason if you type "π318" in the calendar it will install a hidden version of kodi they include.

So far after trying tons of apps I normally use I can tell you many are not working.

It comes with netflix built in but amazon prime doesn't work, disney plus doesn't work, hell even old games like Angry Birds and Sonic are not working.

After running around and looking for support sources I found one site that says they will get a upgraded firmware for it by/around Dec 15.
    (This was on a discussion thread on a youtube video so not sure if its accurate or not.)

I found one link in another thread with a copy of the firmware that is currently implemented.

https://onedrive.live.com/?authkey=%...126D253EA3A2B2

Someone suggested trying a gt king firmware with it but I doubt a gt king firmware would work with it though since the boxes do not have the same memory.
    The firmware issues will never get fixed since it's a ship and forget device.
    If you look at the Ugoos AM6 S922x, it already got 25 ota firmware updates in 4 months.
    So you get what you pay for.

Disney+ on the other hand requires Widevine L1 and strict security and only works on the FireTV, Roku, Nvidia Shield and Xiaomi Mi tv boxes.

Leave a comment:

• greenstone
    replied
    I bought this box around a week ago after messing with it for a bit I can tell you it has lots of problems.

First it doesn't have root so running any application which requires root is basically dead in the water.
    Second the manufacturer doesn't have a support/web page anywhere on its information package, so it won't be easy to find firmware in the future.
    It does come with OTA firmware update tool and for some reason if you type "π318" in the calendar it will install a hidden version of kodi they include.

So far after trying tons of apps I normally use I can tell you many are not working.

It comes with netflix built in but amazon prime doesn't work, disney plus doesn't work, hell even old games like Angry Birds and Sonic are not working.

After running around and looking for support sources I found one site that says they will get a upgraded firmware for it by/around Dec 15.
    (This was on a discussion thread on a youtube video so not sure if its accurate or not.)

I found one link in another thread with a copy of the firmware that is currently implemented.

https://onedrive.live.com/?authkey=%...126D253EA3A2B2

Someone suggested trying a gt king firmware with it but I doubt a gt king firmware would work with it though since the boxes do not have the same memory.

Leave a comment:

• raruba
    replied
    Originally posted by darkstar View Post

Did you try simply flashing supersu.zip with twrp?

Official SuperSu-2.82

Note: But first don't forget to take backup with twrp.
    I already backed it up.....going to give your new SuperSu a try......thanks....will let you know if it works or not....thanks again....I was trying Magisk and it wouldn't work.
    UPDATE: Didn't work...looked like it worked when I installed it in TWRP.....but when it booted up NO ROOT.
    Thanks for the try though.
    Last edited by raruba; 11-29-2019, 14:07.

Leave a comment:

• darkstar
    replied
    Originally posted by raruba View Post

Anybody know how I might go about rooting this BOX....the dam firmware isn't rooted and I can't find the stock firmware anywhere. I was able to get TWRP installed on it.
    Did you try simply flashing supersu.zip with twrp?

Official SuperSu-2.82

Note: But first don't forget to take backup with twrp.

Leave a comment:

• raruba
    replied
    Originally posted by ClarkKent View Post
    Guest_atvX
    "....What worries me about these devices is if it has a decent quality 128 GB eMMC 5.0+ installed then what cost savings measures where taken in the rest of the hardware to being selling it for less than a GT-King? "

++1
    ?? WHERE THE HEEELLLLL!! .....is the comment "LIKE" BUTTON?!
    ....Firmware?
    Anybody know how I might go about rooting this BOX....the dam firmware isn't rooted and I can't find the stock firmware anywhere. I was able to get TWRP installed on it.

Leave a comment:

• raruba
    replied
    Originally posted by ClarkKent View Post
    Guest_atvX
    "....What worries me about these devices is if it has a decent quality 128 GB eMMC 5.0+ installed then what cost savings measures where taken in the rest of the hardware to being selling it for less than a GT-King? "

++1
    ?? WHERE THE HEEELLLLL!! .....is the comment "LIKE" BUTTON?!
    ....Firmware?
    Anybody know how I might go about rooting this BOX....the dam firmware isn't rooted and I can't find the stock firmware anywhere.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X