Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Slow VPN speeds on S905X2 & S905X3 comparing to S912?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Slow VPN speeds on S905X2 & S905X3 comparing to S912?

Hello,
    I have 3 VPN services (NordVPN, IPVanish, and Windscribe). For some reason when I connect to any of these VPNs on my S905X2 or S905X3 devices I get slow speeds comparing to S912 devices and my Android phone. I tested using the following devices:

1. S905X2 (Speed = 12-20 Mbps) on these devices:
    - A95X F2 (4G/64GB, Android 9)
    - T95Q (4G/32GB, Android 9)
    - Beelink Mini (4G/32GB, Android 9)

2. S905X3 (Speed = 12-20 Mbps) on these devices:
    - A95X F3 (4G/64GB, Android 9)
    - A95X F3 Air (4G/64GB, Android 9)

3. S912 (Speed = 60-80 Mbps) on these devices:
    - Vorke Z6 (3G/32GB, Android 7)
    - X92 (3G/16GB, Android 7)

4. Samsung Galaxy Note 8 (Android 9, getting 60-80 Mbps)

On all devices I tested using the same Network (connected to the 5GHz WiFi network), same VPN app, same VPN server, and same speed test app. Everything is set up exactly the same on all devices.

When I run a speed test on all devices (without VPN), I am getting the full speed of my internet connection (200 Mbps) on ALL devices listed above.

Does anyone know why the VPN speeds are slow on S905X2 and S905X3 comparing to older devices (S912) and my mobile phone? Is there a fix that I can try? Any help is appreciated and thanks in advance!

Check the VPN protocol you're using, some protocols like OpenVPN tend to be slower than others like IKEv2 and Wireguard. You may try switching to a different protocol to see if that improves your speeds.

Comment

VPN speeds can be affected by a variety of factors, such as the number of users on a particular server, the distance between you and the server, and even the type of encryption used by the VPN. So, it's possible that the slower speeds you're experiencing on your S905X2 and S905X3 devices may be due to one or more of these factors.
      you can try is switching to a different server on your VPN, as this may help to improve your speeds. Additionally, it's worth considering that the proxy cost of using a VPN can be high, especially if you're using a free VPN service. If you're using a free VPN, it may be worth upgrading to a paid service, as these typically offer faster speeds and more reliable connections.
      Last edited by churchilldavid; 01-20-2023, 12:46.

Comment

Hi ,

wow , 3 VPN Subscribtions , is one not enough , wish i had one , hope you can fix your Problem ,

greetings / gefattern

Comment

Working...
        X