New custom kernels for imito QX1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New custom kernels for imito QX1

I used the last sources released from minix to phjanderson, thanks to both. I used this sources instead the omegamoon ones because omegamoon sources had a sensible lost of performance in 3D, epic citadel gives me half of the frames that minix sources.

When I can, sorry but no time yet, I will upload the sources to the github for if anyone wants to compile them he can do that.

Include the workaround to make wifi work after reboot, I suggest you read this thread:http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...problem-in-QX1

There is a zip with all kernels, inside the zip are .img (kernel) .txt(explanation of the kernel functions) and .config (.config file used to compile it) files for each kernel, there are overclocked and no overclocked kernels, with wifi fix and without it, 1080p and 720p.

I tested only 3 or four of them, best for me is kernel at 1080p with cpu 1800 ram 720 gpu 798 and wifi fix, with it I got in antutu 20360 and in epic citadel 61,6FPS.

Here is the link:http://www.freak-tab.de/leolas/kerne...leolas_qx1.zip

Thanks to sam321 for oc code and video fix, phjanderson for give the sources and his wonderful marvin, minix to release the sources, and omegamoon, Galland, Alok, thesawolf, hoaby, waser, etc... I take a little for each one of them.

Corrections and suggestions are welcome, please report back how it works for you, your reports helps the other people too

leolas

EDIT: Petrus did it!!! Thanks a lot to him, and thafath for the command!! Now if we power off or reboot the device the wifi goes off before. This reboot.apk turn wifi off before reboot. So no bootloops
    Reboot.apk by Petrus:http://www.freak-tab.de/leolas/Reboot-1.0.0.apk All credits to him .
    Last edited by leolas; 10-24-2013, 19:07.
    REMEMBER, YOUR FEEDBACK IS VERY IMPORTANT TO US.
    My devices:
    Minix Neo X7; Minix Neo X8-H , Minix Neo Z64W & Z64 (Sponsored by Minix)
    MK902 & MK902II(Sponsored by RKM)
    Beelink M8B & Beelink R89 (Sponsored by Beelink)
    Tronsmart VEGA S89H (Sponsored by
    Gearbest.com)
    MELE-PCG03 (Sponsored by Gearbest.com) Discount Coupon:MPCG03
    Ainol Intel Z3735 MiniPC(Sponsored by Gearbest.com)
    Thanks to them I can try to support your devices http://freaktab.com/core/images/smilies/wink.png

Re: New custom kernels for imito QX1

Thank you will check definitively this week end and report back. Thank you.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

Comment

Great Leolas ..Thanks!

I will try it this weekend. If anyone needs an easy WiFi turn off button next to Reboot option, I believe you need to turn off wifi before you reboot (I think it is still needed right?)..here it is.

Comment

Originally posted by Playonlover View Post
        I will try it this weekend. If anyone needs an easy WiFi turn off button next to Reboot option, I believe you need to turn off wifi before you reboot (I think it is still needed right?)..here it is.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ment.com&hl=en
        Thanks a lot but the great Petrus is working in a modded Reboot.apk that will do it, i will include it in my rom mod, is almost ready to be launched, with the kernel and reboot.apk workaround we will have a full functional stick. Thanks a lot to Petrus and thafath for the idea, I didnt know that command

If anyone can report back, please do it, I only can test BT sending files from my mobile phone, I ordered a BT keyboard only to test BT in the roms (I never use BT in the stick) but it didńt arrived.

And if you miss support in kernel for devices, tell me and I will try to add them in kernel or like a module.

EDIT: Petrus did it!!! Thanks a lot to him, and thafath for the command!! Now if we power off or reboot the device the wifi goes off before.
        Reboot.apk by Petrus:http://www.freak-tab.de/leolas/Reboot-1.0.0.apk All credits to him
        Last edited by leolas; 10-24-2013, 19:06.
        My devices:
        Gearbest.com)
        Thanks to them I can try to support your devices http://freaktab.com/core/images/smilies/wink.png

Comment

You are fabulous Leolas! Gracias!

Originally posted by leolas View Post
          Thanks a lot but the great Petrus is working in a modded Reboot.apk that will do it, i will include it in my rom mod, is almost ready to be launched, with the kernel and reboot.apk workaround we will have a full functional stick. Thanks a lot to Petrus and thafath for the idea, I didnt know that command

If anyone can report back, please do it, I only can test BT sending files from my mobile phone, I ordered a BT keyboard only to test BT in the roms (I never use BT in the stick) but it didńt arrived.

And if you miss support in kernel for devices, tell me and I will try to add them in kernel or like a module.

EDIT: Petrus did it!!! Thanks a lot to him, and thafath for the command!! Now if we power off or reboot the device the wifi goes off before.
          Reboot.apk by Petrus:http://www.freak-tab.de/leolas/Reboot-1.0.0.apk All credits to him

Thank you very much!

Comment

I installed the new kernel and added the new reboot app. I confirm that the issue with wifi on reboot is fixed now. Thank you very much, great job.

Does this issue exists when using picuntu or other linux? if yes, will this fix apply too?

Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by thafath View Post
              I installed the new kernel and added the new reboot app. I confirm that the issue with wifi on reboot is fixed now. Thank you very much, great job.

Does this issue exists when using picuntu or other linux? if yes, will this fix apply too?

Thank you.

Thanks fot the feedback, that is my next steep, I have a Rom almost finished, once it Will be released, I will try picuntu and other Linux distros in the stick. And yes, the trick must work for Linux too. I made a Linux kernel time ago, but WiFi fails to load, lets see if now I can make the internal WiFi works.

EDIT: WTF I forgot to upload the kernel sources, sorry, that will be the first to do after Rom upload, I am out of home for weekend

leolas.
              My devices:
              Gearbest.com)

Comment

Thanks fot the feedback, that is my next steep, I have a Rom almost finished, once it Will be released, I will try picuntu and other Linux distros in the stick. And yes, the trick must work for Linux too. I made a Linux kernel time ago, but WiFi fails to load, lets see if now I can make the internal WiFi works.

EDIT: WTF I forgot to upload the kernel sources, sorry, that will be the first to do after Rom upload, I am out of home for weekend

leolas.
                Leolas

I have tried the 1080p kernel that you are using with Bobs 1.4a rom. Cannot seem to get into developer options as it force closes. not sure if you have same issue. Also, have you ever had issues with memory cards not being recognised?

Thanks for the updated Kernels....much appreciated!

Comment

Originally posted by Silverback View Post
                  Leolas

I have tried the 1080p kernel that you are using with Bobs 1.4a rom. Cannot seem to get into developer options as it force closes. not sure if you have same issue. Also, have you ever had issues with memory cards not being recognised?

Thanks for the updated Kernels....much appreciated!
                  No I had not this problems, I tried 2 different external sdcards and both goes very well
                  My devices:
                  Gearbest.com)

Comment

No I had not this problems, I tried 2 different external sdcards and both goes very well

That does remind me to make a request, since you mentioned adding device support above. Can you add exfat support for memory cards? That's one thing I miss from my uhost2.

Comment

Originally posted by PolloLoco View Post
                      That does remind me to make a request, since you mentioned adding device support above. Can you add exfat support for memory cards? That's one thing I miss from my uhost2.
                      Ok, thesawolf added this code to sources, so I will add to my sources and compile it like a module. But I need to finish first the Rom for qx1

leolas.
                      My devices:
                      Gearbest.com)

Comment

[QUOTE=leolas;107644. Ok, thesawolf added this code to sources, so I will add to my sources and compile it like a module. But I need to finish first the Rom for qx1

leolas.[/QUOTE]

Thanks! No hurry, I am making due with NTFS. I have been waiting for a new rom to flash your new kernels at the same time. Does your rom include the Gameloft compatibility fix?

Comment

Originally posted by PolloLoco View Post
                          Thanks! No hurry, I am making due with NTFS. I have been waiting for a new rom to flash your new kernels at the same time. Does your rom include the Gameloft compatibility fix?
                          I am working on the rom, but just when I am ready for release it, I think that something new must be added, so I wait untill it is finished, so I decide that I will release it, and I will add more functionalities, like gameloft fix, latter in cwm zips to be installed (I am learning about gameloft fix yet), if not I will never release it .

Now I have the rom, I am testing it, and as soon I check all (well, almost all, for sure that I will forgot something ). Once I tested all basics I will release it and I will give you latter some patch flashable by cwm.

I will use a new way to install it, I am thinking about flash from pc only the loader, parameters, and cwm-recovery.img. And then a zip with the rest of the rom, so if people have cwm installed yet, they must only, wipe data, wipe cache and flash the zip. If someone has not cwm installed, then they will follow the full procedure.

leolas
                          My devices:
                          Gearbest.com)

Comment

I am working on the rom, but just when I am ready for release it, I think that something new must be added, so I wait untill it is finished, so I decide that I will release it, and I will add more functionalities, like gameloft fix, latter in cwm zips to be installed (I am learning about gameloft fix yet), if not I will never release it .

Now I have the rom, I am testing it, and as soon I check all (well, almost all, for sure that I will forgot something ). Once I tested all basics I will release it and I will give you latter some patch flashable by cwm.

I will use a new way to install it, I am thinking about flash from pc only the loader, parameters, and cwm-recovery.img. And then a zip with the rest of the rom, so if people have cwm installed yet, they must only, wipe data, wipe cache and flash the zip. If someone has not cwm installed, then they will follow the full procedure.

leolas
                            Nice one Leolas. Has Bob forgotten about us QX1 users? I know he is a busy person with all the other devices, was just wondering as there was a 1.6 in the pipeline. I am looking forward to your rom.

Comment

Originally posted by Silverback View Post
                              Nice one Leolas. Has Bob forgotten about us QX1 users? I know he is a busy person with all the other devices, was just wondering as there was a 1.6 in the pipeline. I am looking forward to your rom.
                              For sure that he don't forgot us, but like you said he is busy, he has a Job and family, and a lot of devices to work at, but for sure he will release a custom soon, if not, once I release mine, I will ask him about mod his last 1.6 for other devices and port it to QX1 users, more customs roms are better, I love to have some options for each device, but first I need to release my own.

leolas.
                              My devices:
                              Gearbest.com)

Comment

Working...
                              X