TUREWELL T95 Max+ wake up bug and hardware keyboard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TUREWELL T95 Max+ wake up bug and hardware keyboard

I have T95 max+ 4/64G box and it keeps waking up on its own. I had CEC enabled which was a nightmare and I disabled it but still having issues waking up. I also have a H/W keyboard which I used with an older M8S fine but with this one sometimes it refuses to write unless I start by typing on the on screen keyboard. I also noticed its wired Ethernet is too slow when am playing UHD movies on the LAN (from a Samba share)

I have an issue with HDMI-CEC too, where sometimes it never wakes when I turn on TV, very random. I have to pull the plug to reboot it.

I flashed the android TV Rom on here and still same issue.

Wish there was a way to disable HDMI-CEC power only! Someone must have a hack/method to disable the power/sleep feature of HDMI-CEC only??

I have tried all the one key power options in android settings and all the same. And it’s 100% the box as my other device turns on every time via HDMI-CEC.

Comment

Originally posted by brendroid View Post

I flashed the android TV Rom on here and still same issue.
      Which one?

I disabled CEC so no issues with the TV but the box randomly turns on

Comment

The issues I have are with the box and it waking up, not my TV. Think this box just has an issue with sleeping and waking full stop. I use HDMI-CEC so can’t really turn it off completely, just wanted to somehow disable it going to sleep when I turn my TV off, keeping it on permanently. Not found a solution yet!

Originally posted by Bond02 View Post

Which one?

I disabled CEC so no issues with the TV but the box randomly turns on
        This one here:

https://forum.freaktab.com/forum/tv-...674#post799674

Way better than the original stock rom. I’ve disabled the ATV launcher though and used my own home launcher.

Comment

Another thing to try I’ve heard works with your issue specifically, is turning hdmi cec on and turning all the options ON in settings for hdmi cec apart from the power key one must be off.

Comment

Terrible HDMI-CEC operation is usually due to a faulty bootloader, and this why everybody always recommends for people to purchase devices that have after-sale Software Support, not devices that are "Ship-and-Forget" like all these different T95 models. Usually is best to buy Beelink, Minix, or Ugoos -- those 3 brands do try to improve their devices with some after-sales software support, I know everybody want to save a dollar and they end up buying the cheapest shite available.

The best FIX (my recommendation) is to make your device a Kodi-only box and install CoreELEC software, if your T95 manufacturer didn't encrypt the bootloader then CoreELEC nightly software has a fix for the bootloader to WakeUp/Sleep/PowerOn/Off -- the fix doesn't fix Android, it fixes bootloader for smooth CE operation.

Link to topic on CE bl301 fix: https://discourse.coreelec.org/t/bl3...lems-help/6458

Comment

Working...
            X