• Time
  • Show
Clear All

To be honest, I don't love android

Comment

I didnt use to but its growing on me.

Ide rather use Android then anything apple

Comment

.Well with CoreElec my drive troubes are gone and I have it even bootein from a Sandisk Ultra Fit (tiny and fast 140/50) in the same usb3 hub also the box rund 10C 20F cooler and I have no unwanted android akitivity in the background.
        BUT needing a second computer to execute commands is kind of stupid and gives me trouble, I wanted to make it dual boot and copy the CoreElec on the internal memory but one CE guy was not helpful at all.

Comment

Originally posted by x96maxplus View Post
          .Well with CoreElec my drive troubes are gone and I have it even bootein from a Sandisk Ultra Fit (tiny and fast 140/50) in the same usb3 hub also the box rund 10C 20F cooler and I have no unwanted android akitivity in the background.
          BUT needing a second computer to execute commands is kind of stupid and gives me trouble, I wanted to make it dual boot and copy the CoreElec on the internal memory but one CE guy was not helpful at all.
          I agree with you. The CoreELEC team don't support installing internally on this device.

Comment

No officially only 2 devices but it works for most devices and it worked for somebody with a x96 max+
            Sadly most people do not have the courtesy to post a step by step with the correct links when the got it working.

Comment

No officially only 2 devices but it works for most devices and it worked for somebody with a x96 max+
              Sadly most people do not have the courtesy to post a step by step with the correct links when the got it working.
              This link explains the process of installing LibreELEC to internal. CoreELEC is a cut-down version of that or so I read somewhere. So the process is probably the same. Though the password may be different.

https://androidpctv.com/tutorial-lib...v-box-android/

https://discourse.coreelec.org/t/how...emmc-tool/7630

The first link is no good as they have changed installtointeral to ceemmc -x then option 3. I have installed it on my GT King and it is 100% working. It takes seconds and is very easy.
              Last edited by Charlie_Boy; 08-26-2020, 15:05.

Comment

Thanks CB, but I can not make a connection via the router with ssh or samba and when I use putty just the green cursor is in the corner and it breaks up after 10 sec because it can not find the box.
                I read that if Samba andd ssh is not activated during install you cannot reactivate them later even if it is shown. I might follow this line and might to reinstall again...
                Is ther by any cance a versionout what can do it without the help of a second computer? Other than a full installation?

Comment

Thanks CB, but I can not make a connection via the router with ssh or samba and when I use putty just the green cursor is in the corner and it breaks up after 10 sec because it can not find the box.
                  I read that if Samba andd ssh is not activated during install you cannot reactivate them later even if it is shown. I might follow this line and might to reinstall again...
                  Is ther by any cance a versionout what can do it without the help of a second computer? Other than a full installation?
                  I don't know mate.

Comment

CoreELEC still working 100% installed internally on the GT King. In my opinion this is the way to go. Dump Android unless you specifically need its functions. In my case all I need is Kodi and that's what I got.

Comment

Why not have both
                      No need to write to internal
                      Defeats the purpose of testing other OS
                      Any box can be Dual Boot
                      Simply remove SD Card
                      Voila back to Andriod

Does not GT KIng have Coreelec preinstalled?

With switch to Partition

Comment

Originally posted by freddy View Post
                        Why not have both
                        No need to write to internal
                        Defeats the purpose of testing other OS
                        Any box can be Dual Boot
                        Simply remove SD Card
                        Voila back to Andriod

Does not GT KIng have Coreelec preinstalled?

With switch to Partition
                        In my case it made sense to use only CoreELEC. The only purpose of my box is to play video contained on external media. CoreELEC does this to perfection from SD card but is better when installed internally. I cannot say that any Android ROM has coped perfectly with what I needed it to do, besides it contains a lot of stuff that I will never use. Android developers here have said that the ROM's will never be 100% certainly not from Beelink.

If you have use for Android then use it, if not as in my case it makes sense to dump it entirely. I've never been happier.

Comment

Most Excellent

To each is own
                          Have tested open/core/libre/alex/elec...

You get the Most out of Hardware/ Video and Audio accelerated!!!!!!
                          Maybe add a cooling fan

There are no limitations to Android
                          The only limitations are Human Interface

Comment

Working...
                          X